Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Why James,Why?

"How are you doing Fayne?"

"Fine dad, I have to wear this cast for 2 Months that's it." I said flatly.

"Well that's fine, I told your mother I was taking a bathroom break at the restaurant, I'll see you at home." he said while making his way out the door.

"Wait!," I yelled, "Aren't you going to ask how this happened to me? Or take me to the pharmacy to get my pain medication?" I asked , I felt my eyes get watery, he was just going leave like that? But no I would not let those tears fall.

"Listen Fayne I do not have time for your childish antics, nor do I care. Do you know how much that cast cost? You probably broke your foot just to get the Pain Meds, if you want to abuse medication, that fine with me, do what you will ,now I have to go I'll see you at home if not then oh well." with that said he walked out. Walked out! I thought at least he loved me, at least he cared to some point. But once again I was sadly mistaken. I guess no one at all loves me. I laid there in the bed, and looked out the window , it was a cloudy day. I finally let the threatening tears fall.

A couple of minutes later there was a light knock at the door. I didn't bother to wipe my tears away, it was probably one of the nurse guys.

"Come in," I said softly.

The door opened but I did not turn my head, I kept my view on the window, on the sky the clouds.

"Uh Fay? I -Uh brought you something." it was him, another someone I did not want to see or speak to.

"Leave it on the table and leave." I said flatly. It was his fault this happened to me. His fault my father was made to speak to me which lead to me having my feelings hurt, because my dad had finally told me something I never wanted to hear, that he didn't care, a truth I didn't want to believe.

"Isn't your father suppose to be here, I could have sworn I saw him." he said while I heard him walk over and place whatever the hell he got me on the table.

"He left," I said trying to keep my voice from cracking. "He left back to the restaurant ." I felt more tears fall, but I still didn't turn to look at James.

"No he couldn't have left I'm sure he just went to the cafeteria or to call your mother." he said in a somewhat kind tone. Man was this guy clueless! Did he know nothing? Well ok he didn't know squat so I can't blame him. Decided to just let him know.

"No James my father did come, but he left," I said a little louder now.

"But why?" he asked, sounding genuinely caring."Because James he doesn't care." I said softly, I continued

"He came to tell me how much the cast cost, and that I probably broke my foot on purpose just to get the pain meds, and-and he said he didn't care!"

I couldn't hold in all these emotions anymore, they were just to much so I broke into a sob.

Oh goodness how embarrassing, I just pretty much spilled what has always been bugging me.

James made his way to the side of the bed took a chair and sat down. He took my left hand and kissed it lightly.

"Sorry Fay , I never would have thought that-that is how you are treated. I'm sorry your hurting Fay, but I'm sure that deep down he cares." he said softly.

I was beginning to see James in a new light. Maybe he wasn't such a jerk after all.

"No neither of them care. Come to think of it they are the reason why I had to drop out of college, after they emptied my college fund out I had no money for tuition. My mother spends half her time telling me how worthless I am, and beating me and never stops threatening to kick me out every other moment. Now my dad not to long ago made it pretty clear he didn't give a flying fadoodle about me." I said , James chuckled slightly, I guess at my choice of words.

He took hold of my hand and squeezed it lightly then said,

"Well if it makes any difference Fay, I care. For the past two weeks I have been trying to find a way to apologize to you, for all the harm I have caused you.

I never meant to hurt you it wasn't my intention, the guy you met two weeks ago isn't me. He looked sincere. I'll admit it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know he cared, to know someone cared.

Well I guess the queen of grudges has left the throne.

"It's ok." I said while smiling a little at him. He was looking right into my eyes, with those hazel eyes of his.

"Fay, do you think we-uh could." he paused for a moment then continued "Fay I was wondering if we could be friends?" he asked looking hopeful.

How could I say no? now he was doing the whole puppy eyes thing.

"You know what James, I would very much like to be your friend. But I don't know my mom might try to scare you away" I said.

"That won't happen Fay," he said

then he stuck out his hand and said

"Hello my name is James 'the jerk' Alden nice to meet you."

I giggled lightly and took his hand and said,

"Hey I'm Fay 'the not so spoiled brat' Winters it's nice to meet you."

James got up and walked to the table and I saw him pick up a small car, a collector's item, It was a baby blue old '67 Chevy Impala.

"I collect these, I have a big collection at home, I this same one but in red I went down to the gift shop and found it.

This is my favorite car , and I saw it and just had to get it for you. Uh I know it's not the greatest b-but yeah." he stuttered a bit at the end, he was just so adorable, adorably nerdy.

"No it's great James thanks, I love it, you have no idea how much this means to me." I said kindly.

I saw him look at me and he smiled a gorgeous smile.

"So, can I sign your cast?" he asked sheepishly.

I reached for my gown pocket and took the sharpie marker out and handed it to him,

"Yeah sure," I said.

After he was done he said he had to go, he left so quickly it was like he was a ghost. I wonder why he left so fast.

I looked down at what he wrote and this new sensation came over me, it made me feel butterflies in my stomach. It read:

Even though I broke your foot I wouldn't break your heart


And the butterflies just soared and soared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw a softer side of James!Finally! they are on a better level I couldn't keep having Fay hate James he is too precious ;)!! next chapter will be up shortly so PLEASE COMMENT let me know what you think! :D