Woah...that's not cereal....

Fourteen.

We made it to the bus, and Matt made sure the coast was clear before I stepped on. “You need to just talk to Brian, he’s a good guy he just is a little over protective of his sister. He doesn’t want her to get into stuff like he did.”
I sighed, “Matt, I know, but he didn’t have to take it to that level, I’m not saying that I’ll never forgive him, because I know I will. He I just, don’t know, I need some time to just cool off, and think about everything.”
“You’ve had all day to think about it. Please, I want to be able to hang out with you without checking to make sure that Brian isn’t in the vicinity.” He looked at you with pleading eyes.
“Matt, I’ve been with you all day; I haven’t had time to think about the Brian situation. Look, I’m going to go home right now, and I’m going to think about everything. I think I need it, and don’t call, or come over because I won’t answer you.” I turned to walk out the door, when he grabbed my arm.
“I don’t like the way you said everything. What did you actually mean by everything?” He had a look in his eye, it almost seemed like he was vulnerable.
“I mean everything, Brian saying those things, Hannah telling you guys, and you suddenly showing up in my life again. I have to figure out how I feel about all of this. I have to figure out how I feel about you.”
His expression unexpectedly turned into one of anger. “You have to figure out how you feel about me. I thought you already knew. Isabelle, you can’t keep playing with my emotions. One minute, you’re kissing me and the next you’re telling me you have to think about us. What is there to think about, you know you still like me, I can see it in your eyes, why won’t you let yourself see it?” He huffed and turned around walking into the back.
I followed him stunned at his abrupt outburst. “Matt, that’s not what I meant.” He turned around to look at me, giving me a nod to continue. “Matt, I know I like you, I knew the minute you stepped into the shop the other day that I still liked you, that has never been questioned in my mind. What I need to figure out, is if I’m picking up where my heart left off in high school, or making new feelings that are more mature, that are from this life, and not that one. That was a rough time for me, and I don’t want to go back. So I want to take time to ask myself if I’m ready to think about you with adult feelings and not those of a fifteen year old insecure girl. I don’t know if that makes any sense, hell I don’t even really know what I just said, but I need time to just bring it all together. Back then, I did like you, but I also saw you as a protector of sorts, I really want know if what I feel is real, and not an illusion. You’re a great guy Matt, and you deserve someone who completely knows that they want the real you, and not just a fantasy part. That’s what I want time to think about. I know you’re probably thinking that I should already know this, and I think I do. I just need time to make absolutely sure, because I’ve learned that the decisions that I make before thinking things through are not always my best ones.”
By now he was sitting on his bunk, propping his head on his hand. “I understand, I just, I know that the feelings I had for you in high school weren’t fake, and it’s hard for me to believe that yours weren’t. Half the time I thought you were my age, and I have trouble remembering that you were still in your adolescent stage. You didn’t know what you were feeling and you were probably confused about all the things happening. Go home, take your time to think and I’ll be here when you’re done.”
I smiled and hugged him. He hugged back, and we stayed like that for a couple minutes. I finally pulled away and kissed his cheek, turning around. I walked back up to my apartment, and curled up into a ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, and if it doesn't make any sense. I'm sick, and I can't really think straight because my head is all cloudy, but I wanted to update it for you guys. When I'm feeling better I'll reread it, and if it doesn't make any sense then I'll redo it.