Woah...that's not cereal....

Thirteen.

Isabelle’s POV
I went back upstairs and took a nice hot shower, finally washing all the cookie dough and problems of last night away. When I got out I looked in my closet for something to wear. I’m not used to caring what people think of my outfit, but come on, this was Matt we’re talking about.
I didn’t want to seem desperate, or too nunish. ARGH! I am a little funky pirate. No, no I am not a little funky pirate, because that would be a very bad fashion choice. I think I am going crazy. Okay, I am just going to close my eyes and pick out two hangers.
When I opened my eyes I saw I had picked a pair of tight pin striped pants, and a jacket? Okay, not the best method I have ever come up with, putting the jacket back, I picked out a plain purple t-shirt.
***
I had arrived at the bus twenty minutes ago. I am still outside waiting to go in the bus, because I am too chicken to knock on the door, and see Hannah or Brian.
I was just about to knock when Jimmy opened the door. “Dude, you’ve been staring at the door forever, just come in already, man women are weird.” I just smiled and walked tentatively into the bus.
I didn’t see anyone so I breathed a sigh of relief. Jimmy yelled for Matt, and before he finished Matt was running to greet us. He saw me and smiled before hugging me to death.
“I thought you weren’t showing up, you’re like over twenty minutes late.” He said happy but yet confused.
At that moment Jimmy spoke up. “That’s because she’s been staring at the bus door for twenty minutes, just standing and staring, like a standing starerer. “ I gave him a strange look and turned to Matt.
“Hey Mattie.” He gave me a weird face before taking my hand and leading me off the bus. Once, we were outside he let go, and turned to me.
“Why didn’t you want to come on the bus? Do you hate me? Oh my god you do hate me, I should have never talked to you, now it’s worse I’m sorry I won’t bother you again.” With that he turned around, and I started laughing.
He whirled around posing an annoyed face. “My misery is funny huh?”
“Matt, I didn’t want to come in because of Hannah and Brian, it had nothing to do with you. I mean I don’t hate you, sure back when we first met, I didn’t like you, and then when I moved I didn’t like you at all, but I’ve never hated you Mattie. You face is too pretty to hate.” Face is too pretty? Man I need to stop boosting his ego.
He ran his hand across his face. “Yeah, I’m pretty gorgeous aren’t I?” I laughed and turned around walking away. He ran to catch up with me, and put his arm around me. I turned to look up at him.
“Mattie, what am I going to do with you?” A smirk appeared across his face, and that meant he was thinking about dirty thoughts. I smacked his arm. “Shut up Mattie.” He laughed and we walked in town.
***
Here we sit, in a little café, me staring at a glass of water, and a waitress staring at Matt’s crotch. He looked up at me for help, but I really just didn’t feel like helping him, I wanted to see him get out of this one.
The waitress, who’s name tag read Carli, ugh gag me, was giggling and twirling a piece of her hair, while taking his lunch order. She then turned to me with a glare, and took my order not even writing it down.
When she left Matt, pouted at me. “You fed me to the hog.” I glanced at him perplexed. Hog?
“Matt don’t you mean I fed you to the dogs?” He smiled showing his dimples and shook his head before answering.
“No, I meant the waitress, she’s a hog, I wasn’t trying to say dogs.” I laughed and tried to stifle my giggles and thoughts about pig noses when the waitress came back. Let’s just say it didn’t work. I busted out laughing and she looked at me like I was a freak.
“Have you ever dressed up like a pig before?” I asked her through laughs, which got Matt laughing. The lady stared at me confused, while we just laughed, and then stormed away.
“Why did you ask her that?” He asked once we had finished laughing. I wiped away the tears in my eyes, and just stared at his faultlessness.
“Matt, has anyone ever told you that you were perfect?” He gave me an uncanny look, and took my hand. He started rubbing circles on it with his thumb.
“Yeah, but I only believe it when I’m with you.” I stared at him. I couldn’t breathe, I can’t believe he just said that. I smiled at him.
“Mattie, what you just said was the corniest thing I have ever heard.” I said busting out in chuckling. He laughed too, and pretty soon lunch was over, and we were walking back to the bus.
“Isabelle, will you bake something for me?” I glanced up at him, and nodded. I found that to be an odd request. Bake something? Isn’t that what I did everyday?
“Good, I want you to come up with something new and spectacular, so that whenever you make it you think of me, and how much you love me, even if it is just as a friend for now.” Hearing this made my heart flutter. He needed to stop saying things that made me like him.
“Okay, I will.” I told him before taking his hand in mine, and gazing at the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it took so long, but i was dreading the lunch seen because I'm so bad at dialogue, so then I finally got the idea to not make the whole chapter about the lunch, and it came together.