Woah...that's not cereal....

Nine

I strolled out of my apartment, another day of work staring me in the face. I walked down my stairs into the bakery below. I actually work in a bakery, I am freaking awesome.
I smiled as I turned the sign to open, and waited for the busy people of New York to come in for a special treat.
It had been almost eight years since I had seen any of the guys. Hannah and I kept in touch over the years though, she comes to visit whenever the guys’ band is in town. Yeah, the guys had started a band, they were really good, and are pretty big now.
I heard the bell ring, signaling a customer, and looked up eagerly. I was disappointed when I saw an old couple. Hannah was supposed to be coming today. I smiled at the couple as they left eating cookies. I decided to go in to the back and bake something. I was probably back there for half an hour before I heard the bell, and someone screaming.
I ran into the front. When I got there I froze. There was Matt, and the others standing there, with Hannah. I looked towards her, and she had an apologetic look on her face. “I’m sorry, they were getting suspicious of why I always leave when we’re in New York, and they made me.” I sighed, leave it to them to butt in to others lives.
“Who are you talking to Hannah, have you gone crazy or something?” I laughed at Brian. He just turned and glared at me. “You think that’s funny, who are you to laugh at me anyways?” I stared at him in awe. Had I really changed that much, that he didn’t recognize me?
“Isabelle.” I cringed as I looked toward the source, Matt. He looked flabbergasted. He also looked amazing, a little taller, and buffer, but still the same Matt. “What are you talking about man, Isabelle moved in senior year, will you give it up already?” Johnny yelled from somewhere.
“Hey guys, what can I get you?” I smiled trying to ignore their curious looks. “ISABELLE!” Jimmy yelled jumping over the counter and hugging me to the ground. “Jimmy I can’t breathe,” he had grown stronger since the last time that happened.
When I stood up I saw everybody but Matt smiling. “I can’t believe it’s actually you!” Brian yelled. I came around the counter, and gave him a hug. Then Johnny pushed his way through. He smiled and lunged at me. “I missed you, Matt was so miserable when you left, maybe now he can be happy again.” I frowned. Matt. God! Just when I start to forget him, somebody has to bring him up again.
Matt slapped Johnny, and sent him a death glare. I turned towards him, and gave him a small smile. “Good to see you, Isabelle,” he said, but I knew he just wanted to leave.
“I should get back to work, Hannah, I’ll meet up with you later ok?” She nodded, and the guys made their way out.
Matt’s POV
“HANNAH, how could you not tell us you knew where she was?” She cast her gaze down, as I yelled at her.
“I was going to, but she told me not to?” How could she not want us to know. “She said that if I told you, you would try to find her, and she wanted to be left alone.” My face dropped. She didn’t want me to know where she was. She probably hated me after everything I did to her.
“Now, that we found her, we’re not going to let her go, and I’m going to make it up to her.” Hannah’s eyes widened.
“No, Matt, you can’t sh-.” “I don’t care if she hates me, I’m going to make her like me again, I can’t live without her, I’ve already tried.” She frowned and got a crestfallen look on her face.
“Matt, she’s not the same girl she used to be, she’s not even close. Let’s go back to the bus, and I’ll explain everything to you guys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I didn't want to start the explanation until the next chapter.