Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 9

All of a sudden, minutes after you landed, you heard the thud-thud-thud-thud of a horse. You looked up. A horse with a rider appeared in your line of sight, coming toward you. The rider was human, she was middle aged and had silver-shot brown hair and a worried expression. She pulled up her mount a few feet away from you. She moved toward Korin, which alarmed you, to say the very least.
“What are you doing?!” you asked, voice sharp with fear. The human regarded you oddly.
“You have a large pack of vampires on your trail, girl. Unless you plan on making yourself and him invisible, you will be dead within a matter of hours. I myself have orders from their leader to bring you straight to him if I should find you.” she said, making your eyes narrow suspiciously. “However, I am no friend of them. A much better friend of him, to be sure, and besides, I do not plan on turning anyone in to anybody, least of all either of you to them.” You regarded her warily. She sighed.
“You realize that he will die without help, don’t you?” You gritted your teeth and nodded.
“Good. Help me get him on Storm.” You did so, quickly.
You jogged quickly beside Storm, who carried Korin, back the way you came, until you came to a small cottage on the edge of a clearing. The two of you moved Korin into the cottage, onto a cot. She left to take care of her Storm, the horse. You sat in a chair near Korin. The last thing you remember before dozing off was:
“He’ll be fine. Sleep.” You slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
even shorter....gomen