This Is How We Live.

You really blow my mind.

“I FUCKING HATE REBECCA!” Katie yelled, entering Emily’s house. We all slept over, but Katie left to go to cheer practice. Today was the homecoming game, after all.

“Yeah, everyone does.” I put my bowl in the sink.

“She hits on Zach too much,” Amy complained, “I mean, she obviously knows Zach and I have been together since grade school.”

“She’s just a bitch in general.” Emily shoved a piece of bacon in her mouth.

Katie set her duffel bag on the gray suede couch, “She thinks that she can just boss us around because she’s captain. She made me nail my Nikes, and my legs are now super sore.”

Emi grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and threw it at Katie, “See if that’s better.”

I plopped down on the couch, sitting next to Katie and turning on the TV. Saturday morning cartoons, what’s good.



A half hour later, all us girls were sitting in the living room in our pajamas. And the boys just stormed in the front door, yelling. I jumped, “HOLY SHIT!”

“Relax!” Cameron said, “It’s just us.” He walked over to Katie, patting her thigh, “Nikes?”

She nodded, “Rebecca. That whore-slut-bag.”

“Language!” Zach said sarcastically.

Michael clapped his hands together, and sat on the floor with me, “So guess what?”

“I’m getting a magical unicorn?” I said.

Nathan burst out into fake laughter, “Oh my God Janine! You are like, SO funny!”

I started laughing, and then turned to Michael again, “Anyways what?”

Zach corrected me, “Anyway.”

“AMY TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND TO STOP CORRECTING ME!” I yelled, throwing a pillow at Zach.

Michael scoffed, “So you know how I’m usually wide receiver one right?”

I nodded.

“Well, Drew’s kinda injured right now, and I’m QB two. So guess who gets to be quarterback at the homecoming game today?”

I jumped up, “Michael! That’s great! I’m so happy!”

“Congrats, Mikey!” Amy sprang up and hugged him.

“GOOD JOB, BRO!” Emi yelled.

“Aw, cousin!” Katie smiled.

Okay, so here’s the story. Katie and Michael aren’t really cousins. But her family and his family are like… super close. They’ve been best friends since before I knew them. Basically, like Amy and I.

“By the way, Michael, I still have your hoodie,” Katie reached into her bag to get it.

“Nawh, it’s fine. Keep it… Until you wash it, then give it back. It probably smells like chicks,” Michael chuckled.

“Ooh! I wanna wear it!” I said. Michael smiled at me.



I coated my lashes with mascara, put cherry Chapstick on my lips, and smoothed blush over my cheeks. After that, I straightened my hair and put on my short shorts. It was… like, 70 degrees outside? Whatever, that’s warm enough I guess. Katie threw me Michael’s sweatshirt and I threw it on over my green and white striped tank top. “Janine, hurry up!” Amy yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

“Coming,” I said, securing my earrings and finally heading downstairs.



When we got there, I immediately sat on the top bleachers. That’s where we always sat. My legs touched the cold metal and I shivered. “Cold much?” A voice behind me said. I turned around and realized it was Brandon. “Brandon!” I said, hugging him.

“Sup?”

“Nothing. Wanna grab something to eat?” I said.

He grabbed my hand and led me down the bleachers to concessions. He bought me a slushie even though I was still freezing.



Before I knew it, the game was almost done. I’ve been talking to Brandon for the whole time, and I wasn’t even paying attention to the game. It made me feel kind of bad though, since Michael was playing and all. Soon, the game ended, and we were all headed home. We won. Hell yeah! I spotted Michael and Katie motioning me over to them, so I quickly said, “Brandon I gotta go!”

“No kiss?” he said, winking.

I kissed him on the cheek, “Talk to you tomorrow!” And walked over to Katie.



(Michael’s POV)

Guess who just won the game? That’s right, POWAY! We totally killed Cabrillo tonight. What’s good! I drove back home, right after I changed back into my normal clothes. I saw that Janine’s car was already in her driveway, (We live right next to each other.) so she must’ve been home already. I looked at the window which led to her room, and the lights were on. So, yeah, she was home.

I was excited to talk to her about tonight.

Maybe I’ll even tell her how I feel.

Nawh, let’s snap back into reality. I ran to my room, and set my duffel bag on my floor. Janine’s curtains were open, and I could kind of see her singing while on her laptop.

She opened the doors to her balcony and she stepped out. Yup. She was wearing my hoodie and shorts. Damn, she looked so fine too. “Mikey!” she yelled.

I went out on my balcony too, “Janine!”

“Michael, you won’t believe what happened tonight. I think Brandon likes me a lot, don’t you? He’s so nice, and funny, and cute. He also has lots of swag. I like him a lot.”

I nodded my head, “Yeah, Janine.”

“Anyway, how was your game? I was hardly paying attention since I was talking to Brandon the whole time. I feel bad.”

“No need,” I chuckled, “We obviously won. Thanks to my skills!”

She giggled, “Only you, Michael. Only you.”

“I love talking to you,” I blurted out.

“I love talking to you too. You’re like the brother I’ve never had. Even if I just met you in seventh grade. You’re like… my guy best friend. Whoever you’re gonna end up with… She’s lucky, bro.”

“Well, I’m gonna end up with you.” I mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Whatever you say, Michael. I’m gonna crash,” she yawned. “Goodnight. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.

“Night.”

She walked back into her room, and closed her curtains. Her lights turned off, but you could kind of see the flicker of her computer screen.

“Goodnight, Janine.” I went back into my room, “I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeey! So, I feel like you should comment on this, hahah. I have like.. only one comment rn.
So yeah :)

xoxxo, Pam