Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

Mama's Habits

“NO WAY!” Amelia squealed, as Zack proudly showed his newest addition of family stars, three days later. Zack smiled proudly, loving the huge, excited grin on Mia’s face.

“You like?” Zack asked, the tattoo was healing nicely, and the tiny bit of swelling that had occurred had gone down, giving Mia a good view of the star.

“I love it, oh my god Zack…thank you!” Amelia said frantically, feeling touched that he would do so something so sweet. She felt, accepted.

“You’re welcome, I just…it’s just to show that even when you’re older, and we’ll probably lose touch. You were part of my family, and you meant a lot to me…and you belonged to the Lowes, just as much as everyone else.” Zack said quietly, he wasn’t an exceptionally mushy person.

Zack and Mia were in their hammock, swaying gently. Zack’s music was playing from his ipod docking station quietly, as Mia watched as Zack showed her the newest tattoo.

“Thank you Zack so much, you really don’t know how much it means…” Mia said, feeling her eyes prick with tears. She didn’t want to cry, but she felt so loved, so happy.

“I think I do.” Zack said looking at her.

“You mean a lot to me too you know…ever since I came here, you were my only first friend…and I do love you know, like I would if you were really my actual brother.” Mia said, letting her mask down and the slow tears fell.

Zack smiled softly, wiping her cheek. “Love you too sis” he murmurs and it made Mia smile more.

Mia suddenly reached over and hugged him tightly around the neck. Zack engulfed Mia in the hug, uncaring that it hurt his wound slightly. It was worth the pain, he thought.

Mia pulled back gently, wiping her smudged eyes. She didn’t care though. Her night had been made and she was glad she denied that party at a guy’s house that Dee said would be good for her. She didn’t want to meet him, she didn’t like anyone except Austin.

“You know…I think it’s time I told you about my life in Texas.” Amelia said suddenly, surprising Zack. He didn’t intend of knowing of her past for some time, he was letting her take her time.

“Mia, I didn’t do this just so I could find out why-” Zack begun but Mia shook her head.

“I know, I know. But I want to tell you…” Mia insisted and Zack nodded, feeling slightly nervous as what he might here.

“My Dad died when I was very little, I barely knew him. My Mama had been his childhood sweetheart, and they married young, because they were expecting me at a young age. My Mama was distraught, heartbroken even when my Daddy died. It was too much for her I guess and I noticed her acting strange. She started drinking heavily, wasting money on Jack and cigarettes. She’d stink of liquor in the morning…but I loved her, I still do.” Mia begun.

Zack stayed silent, and eagerly listened.

“Mama would get drunk from nine and be passed by lunchtime, she’d wake up, eat some food, go out find some random guy to have sex with then come back, she never brought men back though ever. But it was obvious as what she’d been doing. Mama would drink again and continue the cycle. I don’t even remember when she last said she loved me…soberly. When I was 14, and I came home from school once. I had started freshmen year and I so excited because I was finally in high school, I had new friends and I was even doing well in school considering what my home life was like. Anyways I came home to find my Mama lining something up…with a credit card. It was white and powdery and I had no idea, I was so naïve. I asked her what it was, she kept saying it was sherbet. I knew she was lying…I knew it was something bad…” Mia said, she was reliving it right now in her head. The day she came home to her mother sniffing cocaine.

“Mama?” the 14 year old Amelia asked worriedly, as she watched from her mother’s bedroom door. Her mother was kneeling on the carpet, a piece of cardboard. She was diving it repeatedly, tidying it with this credit card. A mischievous grin on Daphne’s face.

“Mama, what you doing?” Amelia asked, feeling fear for what wasn’t the first time. Daphne wasn’t a vicious person, but when she got to a certain drunken state, she had taken a few blows out on Amelia, who always covered them up.

“Mama!” Amelia demanded suddenly. Daphne, jumped startled and the white powdery substance went out of line, causing a huge frown amongst Daphne’s aging, drunken face, her makeup smeared from earlier frolicking with a man, much younger than she. Her bright blonde hair had faded to a dull honey colour years ago, her eyes that her dead husband adored, were dead inside. She was no longer Daphne Fay.

She Daphne, an alcoholic, drug addict. Yet she was proud to be one.

“DANG IT MIA. I’M BUSY!” Daphne screamed furiously, getting up. She was only wearing an old baseball shirt, that fell off her shoulder, it was dirty and desperately needed to be washed. She was wearing small shorts, that could fit a young child. She was unhealthy underweight.

“Mama, I’m scared. What are you doing…” Amelia asked again, tears in her eyes. Daphne looked at crying daughter, her eyes softening, then back at the substance below her. It was crack, cocaine and she had sold her wedding ring to buy that and another three bags of 10 grams of the addictive substance.

It was all hers and she needed it, she had been withdrawing all day, while Amelia had been at school. She had hidden her drug addiction for so long…Mia had been so naïve not to notice whenever Daphne was high. Then again, Mia had avoided Daphne enough she probably never saw her high.

Her daughter. Cocaine.
Her daughter. Cocaine.

Daphne couldn’t decide which one went first anymore, but surely enough she bent down, lined up the powder, lowered her head to the first line, and inhaled deeply, taking in every last tiny grain. The effect was instant.

Daphne was no longer on earth anymore, not to her anyways. She was in the clouds again with the dancing elves and rainbows. She was in a happy mood, where everything was amazing and life was good again.

It was cocaine that came first….every time.


Mia was sniffling by the end. Wincing mentally at the image of her mother taking drugs in front of her.

“From then on, it was constant. Mom had been taking drugs for the previous month, I hadn’t noticed. I had avoided her all the time. She grew on cocaine and then started heroin, she took so much…she accidentally overdosed twice, but I think the second attempt wasn’t an accident. She was purposely doing it…Mom got in trouble with the police for being in possession of cocaine an heroin while driving. When the police raided our house, I was terrified. I didn’t want them to think I took drugs either. So I confessed everything, about how my dad died, and Mom went off the rails…she was trialled…now she’s rotting in jail because of me. She’s not getting out till the next three years, minimum.” Mia explained sadly and the comfortably, warm atmosphere before had disappeared.

Zack watched for a second as Mia tried to control herself, she didn’t want to cry. She had cried enough before when her Mom spoke those disgusting words to her, as she was taken away.

“She hates me Zack, she hates me…” Mia cried softly, covering her face with shame. She felt sick, she felt tired. She felt fed up, enough was enough. So she cried. S
Within in a millisecond, Zack pulled her into a brotherly, loving hug, squeezing tight as Mia cried against him.

“She hates me.” She sobbed and Zack didn’t say anything as he knew it wouldn’t help. He too, had drug addict parents, both of them had beaten him and messed with him. He was found roaming the streets alone, he had ran away, scared because his father had a gun and threatened to shoot if he didn’t leave the house. Zack never went back.

“Zack…” Mia cried softly, clutching to her brother.

“It’s okay Mia, I’m here.” Zack murmured, holding her close. Mia and Zack stayed like that for the remainder of their time in the hammock, before returning, silently, respectfully to their own rooms.

That was enough past-telling for the night.

---

Austin knocked on the door that bright following Saturday morning, Dee was going away to her grandparents for the weekend, leaving Lilly and Nadia to create their own amusement, but it gave Mia some time to herself this weekend.

Well so she thought.

“Hey Mia.” Austin greeted, as the beautiful brunette answered the door. Since her confession to Zack, she had been feeling down, it had gone unnoticed so far by Deanna and friends, but Austin knew something was wrong, but he also knew not to question it.

“Hey Austin, come on in.” Mia said, as she moved Peter away from the door as he was about to attempt to escape. Mia was babysitting today, much to her own joy. She loved babysitting the younger ones. Zack was out today, something to do finding a job. Mia wasn’t really listening when he told her of his plans. Ever since Zack was informed of her past, Zack told his foster parents that he knew and ever since, he has made sure that Mia was okay and asking her if she needed anything. He was always there for her, he told her that night.

“Lucy, Omar, look who’s here!” Mia called, as Lucy, Omar and now even baby Peter were engrossed in their film of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Peter had just spotted one of the dwarves named ‘Happy’ and became indulged.

“Hi.” they chorused bluntly back, not entirely interesting. Austin smirked, laughing slightly.

“What a lovely welcome.” he teased gently as Mia grinned, waving him into the kitchen, so they could talk.

“What brings you here?” Mia asked, as she opened the fridge, silently offering Austin a drink of iced tea, which Erin had made this morning before she went out shopping for yet more food.

“I wanted to talk to you…” Austin said, as he took two cups out of the cupboard for her, and Mia poured the iced drink.

“About?” Mia prompted, not looking up. She was dressed extremely casual, in fact she didn’t even have any makeup on. She had simple gray sweatpants on with a white tank top. The sweatpants were too big for her though and looked baggy, yet she obviously didn’t care. With her hair still damp as she had a shower about an hour earlier, and she had tied it up in a very messy bun. Yet, she seemed perfectly comfortable dressed like this in front of Austin, who personally thought she looked great.

“Well…I-” Austin began, he needed to say this right.

“MEE-AH. PETER HIT ME!” Lucy screamed suddenly, breaking Austin’s thoughts. Amelia sighed, wanting to know what Austin said and put the jug back in the fridge, holding up her index finger, signalling ‘one second’ as she walked back into the living room to deal with the little rascal.

Calm down Austin…

Austin chanted to himself, as he tried to figure out what to say in a human manner. He didn’t know how she did it, she somehow managed to get him tongue tied when he had something major important to say.

“Mia, I like you…”

“Mia, you’re amazing, and I really think that-”

“Baby, me, you…pizza?”


He tried to think of possible start up lines...

“Ugh!” Austin muttered quietly, frustrated. He needed to say it right, he needed to..

Mia walked back in innocently.

“Mia, go date on me.” Austin blurted out suddenly, and Mia froze, completely shocked and confused. Then, they both realized what Austin just said….in the wrong order.

Austin felt his cheeks burn slightly, as a playful smile appeared on Mia’s, un-lipstick covered lips. Austin preferred them that way…

“Did you just-?” Mia began, but Austin nodded, cutting her off. He was mortified but he couldn’t rewind time now.

He sighed. “Amelia, will you go on a date with me?” Austin asked again, calmer. His stomach in overdrive, his smile tugging at his lips. Mia’s lips parted and Austin wanting nothing to do but kiss those perfect, pink, plump lips of her.

“Really?” Amelia asked girlishly, her cheeks flushed and her eyes bright. She hadn’t been asked like this before, sure she had a meaningless boyfriends before, she never truly liked them. Whereas Austin, Austin was the real deal.

“This is the most serious I’ve ever been. I mean, you’re amazing Mia. You really are, everything about you, what you’re doing. I would really…love to take you out some time” Austin said, regaining confidence. His battered leather jacket crinkled as he moved his hands from his pockets, to his sides

Amelia didn’t have to think twice about her answer.

“I’d love to, Austin.” Amelia said clearly, her voice soft and warm. And their smiles showed it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter, thank you all my beautiful, lovely commenters! :D <33

Next chapter: Amelia's Date

Any date ideas? <3

Comment/Subscribe!!!