Status: Completed: Not currently working on a sequel, but also not ruling out the possibility as I've been tossing around a few ideas in my head.

Some Say This Can't Be Real.

Welcome to the Family

-Zacky's POV-

I couldn't begin to think how Lisa was being so calm after having been admitted to the hospital. I also couldn't figure out what I was feeling at this moment either. A mixture of excitement, anxiety, and worry pretty much. The line disconnected and I immediately ran into the venue to find the others, running into Matt and Arin in the dressing room.

“Whoa, dude, you gonna shit your pants?” Matt asked with a laugh.

“Almost. I gotta take off. Lisa was admitted to the hospital. There's some sort of abruption, it's not serious, but they admitted her for monitoring-” I paused for a second as Brian and Johnny entered the room behind me. “She said the baby is in the right position, so she's pretty much due to go into labor any day now.”

“Yeah, go. She needs you more than we do right now,” Matt said. “Congrats man.”

I turned almost directly into Johnny's arms. “Take care of my sister and my niece,” he said in a whisper while smiling.

“Congratulations, Zack,” Brian mumbled, giving me a pat on the back.

I could hear the slightest bit of animosity in his voice, and I knew that even after we all had the situation settled, he was still in love with her. As bad as it sounds, in my head I was thinking 'maybe she'd be having your child if you treated her better.' Something I'd always think, but would never say it to him. I said my goodbyes to the guys and headed out, calling a cab.

I ended up having to wait almost a whole day before I could get on a non-stop flight and during that time, I had taken a trip to a nearby jewelry store and walked elsewhere to kill time. I barely slept through the night, and when I woke up, I called her to check in. Nothing had changed so I went to kill more time by walking around the airport. About thirty minutes before I was boarding the flight, I decided to call her again, but that's when I saw the text message. They're going to start inducing labor.

“Shit!” I cursed as I called her. The line rang a couple times before she answered, already sounding worn out. “When did they start inducing your labor? I just got the message right now, I'm so sorry, sweetheart.”

“It's fine, baby. They started the pitocin drip about an hour and a half ago, and my contractions started about thirty minutes ago. So no baby yet.”

“I'm hurrying, sweetheart.”

“I know. Valary is here with me, but I can't wait to have you here.”

I spent the nearly five hour flight trying to sleep. I had even bought sleeping pills to help so it would pass the time. There wasn't much luck though, but as soon as I landed, I called her again, this time getting an answer from Valary. “Her contractions are pretty close together and she's almost fully dilated. Doc says within the next hour the baby should be born. Ask the front desk to get you to delivery room twenty-eight when you get here.”

“Alright, tell her I'm leaving LAX and will be there as soon as possible.”

I fidgeted in the seat of the cab as it took almost forty-five minutes to get to the hospital. I paid the driver generously and sprinted inside the hospital, running into the front desk. “Excuse me, sir. Where's the fire?”

“My girlfriend is having our baby. Where's delivery room number twenty-eight?”

“Take the elevator to the fourth floor, go right, then left at the first intersection. You'll see the 'Labor and Delivery' sign.”

“Thanks,” I said over my shoulder as I was running for the elevator.

I followed the receptionist's directions and found the Labor and Delivery corridor. After passing a few rooms, I heard a familiar yell, followed by a few choice swear words. Yep, that's Lisa,I thought to myself with a laugh as I sprinted down the hallway until I was outside the room. A doctor tried to stop me as I was about to enter, nearly pushing me aside so he could go into the room. “I'm her boyfriend,” I said quickly.

The doctor gave a nod and held the door so I could follow him in. The sight in front of me nearly scared me half to death. Lisa was on the delivery table, drenched in sweat, her face contorted in pain while a nurse was parked in between her legs, saying something that I couldn't understand. Valary stood next to the bed, holding Lisa's hand tightly while using a small towel to wipe the sweat from her face. The shouting calmed down and Lisa's face then wore a look of exhaustion as she finally opened her eyes. “Zack!” She shouted with a smile. “You made it.”

I appeared at the other side of the bed, holding her other hand. “I told you I would be here. How much did I miss?”

“Pain, yelling, swearing,” she breathed before her face contorted in pain again, followed by a yell.

“Why aren't you having her push?” I asked the nurse, but not getting an answer.

“She's not fully dilated yet,” Valary said. “She's been between eight and nine for the last hour, and they're trying to get her to ten.”

I nodded, pretending like I knew exactly what Valary was talking about. I had an idea, but I left all of that to the girls.

“Doctor, she needs to start pushing, but still can't get that last centimeter!” the nurse shouted. “If she pushes that baby out, she's gonna risk tearing.”

I had stopped paying attention to the doctors and turned all of my focus to my girlfriend who looked like she was going to pass out from exhaustion at any moment. When the contraction stopped, she turned and forced a weak smile to me. I gave one back as I absentmindedly patted my pants pocket. “I love you,” I whispered.

“I love y-” her sentence was cut off by her face contorting in pain once again as she took a deep breath and squeezed my hand until it was almost numb.

It stopped almost as fast as it started, and I didn't know what the doctor was saying until the next contraction started and she yelled louder than ever, drawing it out for almost a few minutes it seemed. When I saw Valary telling her that she was doing okay and it was going to be over soon, I had realized that the doctor gave her the instruction to push. Still, I paid no mind to my surroundings, and to me, the only people in this room were Lisa and myself. “You're doing good, sweetheart.” I murmured.

I wasn't exactly sure how much time passed, how many long drawn out screams I heard or how many times she squeezed my hand until it was almost blue until I saw the look of relief wash over her face. Seconds after, the room was filled with an ear piercing infant cry, causing me to whip around and see the nurse drying and wrapping the newborn body in a small towel.

“Seven fifty-four pm. May tenth. Eight pounds, three ounces, seventeen inches long,” the nurse murmured to the doctor before joining us, holding the baby. My baby, our baby. “Congratulations. A healthy baby girl,” she said with a smile, handing our daughter to Lisa.

It took almost another hour to get everything settled down and get us moved into a different room where Lisa would spend the next two or so days. The doctors finally left us alone in the room with the baby, and in an instant, my mind once again blocked out everything except Lisa, our daughter, and myself. This moment: I wanted it frozen in my brain forever. I didn't even hear Valary say anything until Lisa turned to her and said 'thanks' before she walked out of the room to leave the three of us. She must've seen the confused look on my face. “She's going to make phone calls and then go home.”

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I pulled it out to see a message sent from Valary's phone. She had snapped a picture of the three of us lost in our moment. After I showed it to Lisa, she told me to send it to Johnny, and I did so. I knew they were already onstage, but nearing the end of the set, so we still had time to ourselves. Lisa's phone started ringing, but she quickly reached over to turn it off. “Unless it's my brother calling, I want it to be just us for the rest of the night,” she said wearily, turning her attention to the cooing baby in her arms.

I scooted closer and finally had gotten a good look at our daughter. I still couldn't believe this moment, smiling when I brought my hand to her tiny one and her fingers wrapped around my index finger. It was then that her eyes had opened, revealing the most gorgeous aqua colored eyes I had ever seen. “God, she's so beautiful,” I murmured before looking at Lisa. “I'd say that we did well.” I laughed.

“She has your eyes. I think she's gonna look like you as she grows up, so you're going to be making sure she doesn't get her heart broken.” She let out a weak laugh as I noticed that her eyes were fighting to stay open. The baby had soon fallen asleep, so I took her and set her in the bassinet that was next to the bed before returning to my seat and grabbing my girlfriend's hand.

“Lisa?” I called for her attention before she would actually fall asleep. “You have to be the greatest thing to ever happen to me. You and our daughter. You know I've been in love with you for years now, right?”

“Of course I do.” She continued to smile. “We went over this shortly after I got back.”

I shoved my other hand into my pocket, wrapping my fingers around the small box. I pulled it out and flipped it open, revealing the five carat diamond ring inside. “Lisa will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
If anybody is still reading this story, this is the second to last chapter.