Status: Finished =P

Sing

12

“Hey, look who’s alive, “Bob said as I walked in to PE the next day.

“What do you mean? I never died!” I said sarcastically.

“Oh, Gerard was convinced you had died or something! He was worried!” He said expressively.

“Yeah, he called me yesterday…” I said quietly.

“To ask you what was going on with Frank, “he finished as if knowing my thoughts.

“Yeah, what was up with that?” I asked, pretending not to know.

“Question is what is up with you guys?” He asked, and I blinked. I was certain he was talking about me and Frankie.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Are you and Gerard together?” He asked, putting his hands on his hips.

“Oh, I don’t really know…” I said quietly.

“Well, he thinks you are. So if you don’t want to be? I would tell him soon, “he suggested.

“Well, I do want to be… Things are just complicated…” I said, sighing at the cliché situation. Throughout PE, we discussed random things and I was thankful we never returned to the topic.

The day flew by, and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I didn’t feel like eating, so I just went to our table.

“Hey, “Ray said as I got there.

“Hey, “I said back.

“What’s up, buttercup?” He asked, motioning for me to sit.

“Oh, life is perfect… Apparently, I have a boyfriend…”I said quietly. He looked at me and nodded.

“I see, “he said softly.

“I don’t know if I’m ready to have a boyfriend… I don’t know the rules, the general outline of relationships… I don’t know if I even want one… I love Gerard, I do…”I said, sighing.

“Aw, well, I love you too, sugar, “he said, sitting down next to me. Ray looked at me sympathetically. Soon, Mikey and Bob came over and soon after, Frank showed up. He sat next to me, and he forced a smile.

“Frankie, “I whispered once everyone seemed engaged in conversation. He looked at me. “Come on, please talk about something… You’re making this really awkward, “I begged.

“How am I making anything awkward?” He said quietly. “I’m doing what I always do, eating lunch. It’s an interesting thing to do, especially since this is the lunch period.”

“Don’t be like that, “I implored.

“I’m not being like anything!” He whispered harshly. I shrunk back.

“This was a mistake…” I said to myself. Frank looked as if someone had stabbed him.

“You think kissing me was a mistake…?” He said, almost inaudibly. I heard a cough and looked at Ray whose eyes had widened. “Well, “Frankie said. “I’m glad to know I’m just another mistake.” He got up and all-but-stormed-out of the lunch room. I felt a sharp stab. It took me a minute to realize that all of them were staring at me.

“I don’t know what that was about, “I lied. They all shrugged and went back to talking, except for Ray. He stared at me for a minute and then, he shook his head and gave a sympathetic nodded as if he suddenly understood everything. I frowned and Gerard put his arm around me. I couldn’t do anything, so I just leaned against him.

After school, I all but ran to the parking lot. Frank was just getting into his car.

“Frank!” I called after him. He looked up and rolled his eyes. I finally reached his door. “Look, we seriously need to talk. Can we go somewhere to talk? It’s really important…” He thought for a moment and sighed.

“Alright, “he gave in. “Get in.” I got in the car and he looked at me. “Where did you want to go?”

“I don’t care. Your place, mine, a park, Wal-Mart, here… It doesn’t matter… We just need to talk…” I said softly.

“Alright, “he said, starting the car. “Your place it is.”

After a few minutes of awkward silence, we got to my house and I saw that Nessa was not home. I sighed, but got out and went to the door. He followed me inside the house, and I led him back to my room. I sat on my bed, and he did the same.

“So, what is it we so desperately need to talk about?” He asked. I shook my head in hurt.

“Why are you being like this…? You knew, you knew I was going to end up with him… I told you this before it even happened… Why are you being such an ass about it…”I said quietly. He looked at me for a moment.

“You wanna know why I’m being like this?” He asked. I nodded and he continued. “I am being like this, because I really, really like you and I would love to date you… But I can’t because my best friend is… I wasn’t fast enough, I suppose… I don’t know what happened, but I messed up in any case…” It took me a minute to process what he said.

“You like me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for such short updates and all the typos and whatever... But its late and since I have school, I do my writing before bed... But I am barely functioning right now. I am trying to stick to my at least one update a day thing...

Comments, subscribe? Please... if it's any good, let me know...