We've Got More Than We Know

He’s Old Enough!

“Are you sure you’re five months? You look a lot bigger than that,” Josh teased my bestie as she was hanging at our house one day.

“Shut up, Josh. Don’t make this pregnant lady get up,” She threw back at him.

“Maybe she’s having twins!” I buzzed with a huge smile.

“There’s only one baby in there, thank you very much,” Kylee stated.

“I am not convinced,” Josh piped up while Emma laid her head on Josh’s chest and babbled quietly but would giggle throughout our conversation.

“You know, if I didn’t like you as much as I did, you would so be getting it right now,” She told him.

“What are you going to do? Wobble over to me and sit on me?” Josh snickered.

“You guys are mean. I want to go hang out with Zak,” She pouted at us.

“Aw,” Josh and I cooed while sharing a look.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you have a little thing for that boy,” He laughed.

“I don’t have a thing for him… I can’t have a thing for him,” She said more to herself than to us.

“And why not?” I questioned her.

“I’m having another guy’s baby… it’s just… weird to get involved with someone when I’m pregnant,” She told me.

“Well, Zak doesn’t seem too put off by it. I don’t see anything wrong with it. Tanner sure isn’t doing anything about it,” I had to add in.

“But… I still have hope that he’ll come around,” Kylee sighed.

“Ky, I love you. I’ve been your best friend since high school and I would love for you and Tanner to be together even though I’m not too happy with him right now. But… you’re more than half way through your pregnancy and he hasn’t been around for one doctor’s appointment. Does he even know what his child’s going to be?” I went on.

“No,” She softly said while looking down at the ground.

“Do you know?” My hubby asked her.

“I have an envelope that does. I just figured it should be something that… Tanner and I should share,” Kylee tried to shrug it off.

“I think your Auntie needs a hug,” Josh grinned as he looked down at Emma.

He got up and sat down on the other side of Kylee that I was on. Emma crawled off of Josh’s lap and into Kylee’s. Our eight month old daughter looked up at her auntie and smiled just like Josh and it caused Kylee to let out a little giggle. Emma put her arms around Kylee’s neck and hugged her tightly as she hugged her back and after they parted Kylee kissed her little cheek.

“You doing anything tonight?” I asked her.

“Keegan’s back from his little snowboard trip. The family’s having a dinner… and I think… I’m going to take Zak,” She smiled at the thought of her new boy that she claims isn’t hers.

“You like that guy,” Josh laughed out loud.

“He’s… good looking. I can’t help it,” She whined.

“Oooo, he’s good looking,” Josh and I teased simultaneously.

We teased her a little more before she left to go see Zak and the rest of her family. She totally likes him and yeah I like her and Tanner together but he obviously has changed and I’m so disappointed at him right now.

“I think someone is tired,” Josh softly spoke as I saw Emma slowly close her eyes as Josh cradled her in his arms.

“I’ll go put her down for her nap,” I said while picking up our sweet girl and taking her upstairs and gently placed her in her crib with a kiss.

When I came back down I found Josh sitting at the counter in the kitchen, sipping on some drink.

“What are you drinking?” I asked.

“Hot chocolate,” he smiled.

“Josh… it’s like 75 degrees outside,” I giggled.

“It’s yummy though. And I made you some,” Josh cutely said while pushing a mug toward me.

“Aw thanks baby,” I told him while leaning across the counter and kissing him. “So do you think Tanner will come back?”

“I dunno,” he shrugged. “Do you think he will?”

“I’m not sure. I think it’s totally irresponsible of him,” I said. “I mean, really? Just to leave her?”

“Yeah,” Josh replied.

“It’s his baby too. He should grow up and take responsibility. He’s old enough to know better,” I went on.

I looked at Josh and I could just tell by his eyes that he wasn’t paying attention to me.

“Josh, what did I just say?” I snapped.

“You said he should take responsibility and he’s old enough to know better,” He said but I still knew he just hearing me, he wasn’t listening to me.

As our conversation went on Josh’s phone buzzed, saying he had a text. Do you know what he did?He got out his phone and replied right while I was talking to him!

“Joshua Grant will you put that down and pay attention to me!” I shot at him.

“I’m listening to you too,” He told me.

“No you’re not. I can tell. I’m just really over this, I’m tired of you not paying attention to me and you not being here emotionally. You’re always thinking of something else,” I battled.

“Aw, sweetheart come here,” Josh cooed while patting his lap.

I pouted for a minute before going over and somewhat reluctantly sitting on his lap as his tattooed arms snaked around me.

“I’m sorry baby. Forgive me?” He asked while kissing my neck.

“Of course I forgive you. I just don’t want you to be disconnected from Emma and me,” I said while spinning Josh’s wedding ring around his finger.

We shared a nice moment and a lot of kisses before Emma woke up from her nap. The rest of the day we played with her and I loved watching Josh be a cute daddy. I just don’t want him to miss any of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
when isn't your guy ADD running high?

The Grants

comments?