We've Got More Than We Know

Emma, Say Nerdy

“Emma can you say Dada?” Josh prodded.

She just babbled in her little way. Josh shook his head with a laugh and poked her tummy making her squeal and try to push his hand away. But he tickled her and she just kept on giggling.

“Say Dada,” He went on. “Da-da,” he sounded out for her.

Emma babbled more but as Josh kept on sounding it out for her and she tried harder.

“Dada,” She finally said.

KIRSTIE! COME HERE!” Josh shouted, bursting with excitement.

“I’m right here,” I giggled as he turned his head.

“Oh,” He laughed. “Come sit down,” He said while patting the spot next to him and Emma sat on his lap.

I sat down next to him and even though I already heard Emma say it, I humored Josh. I found it cute he was so excited over it.

“Emma, say Dada,” He smiled.

“Dada!” she squealed while kicking her feet.

“Isn’t that cute?” Josh beamed. “She said Dada!”

“I find it cute that you’re so excited,” I smiled while hugging both of them. “Good job hunny,” I cooed while kissing Emma.

“We have such a smart daughter,” He stated.

“Josh, all kids say Dada,” I giggled.

“Whatever, she’s still smart,” he countered.

“Who’s your Daddy, Emma?” I asked her.

She threw her arms around Josh’s neck and squeezed, giving him a tight hug then left a sloppy kiss on his cheek that I could tell he loved.

“Can you say Mama?” Josh attempted.

It took her a few tries but she eventually got it. Josh and I then covered her cute little baby face in kisses that made her giggle.

“Aw, Grant family moment,” I heard a nerdy voice coo.

“Yeah and now you ruined it with your nerdyness!” I shot back at Tanner.

I got up to hug my very pregnant friend and then the couple sat down across from us. Tanner and Kylee have been together for about a month now and Kylee seems so much happier. It took me a couple weeks to come around to Tanner again but I’m cool with him now. I’m just glad that he’s here.

“Tell Auntie Ky what you said, Emma,” Josh said.

“Dada,” She smiled while patting Josh’s hand. “Mama,” She went on while reaching over for me.

Emma then squirmed off of Josh’s lap and crawled over to Tanner and Kylee where Tanner picked her up.

“Emma say Nerdy,” I giggled.

She couldn’t quiet get that one but she babbled on and went to pat Kylee’s tummy.

“I remember when Kirstie was like that,” Josh grinned while looking at Ky’s pregnant state. “She was the cutest pregnant lady.”

“Nope, that’s Ky,” Tanner piped in.

Emma then started babbling on as if to argue with Tanner. It was so cute! I laughed at our daughter as she cuddled up to her Auntie.

“I can’t wait to see Mason,” I buzzed.

“Me too,” Ky smiled.

I’m glad Tanner’s back. Kylee needs someone to be there for her and I know it really hurt Kylee that he left but the nerd man is back!
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah i guess that's true

The Grants

comments?