We've Got More Than We Know

My Man's Job Is So Hard

“Are you ready yet?” Tanner shouted through the bathroom door.

“No… I’m not going,” I shouted back.

“Why not?” he sighed playfully.

“I’m not comfortable,” I told him, looking at my reflection in the mirror with my Rockstar outfit on.

“And why is that?” he went on to question.

“I just had a baby!” I shouted back at him.

“Six months ago. Baby, I know you look sexy. Now bring your little cute butt over here and open this door so I can see you,” he smirked… I knew he was!

I shuffled over to the door and slowly opened it. I pouted up at him, but of course a huge grin came over his smooth face. Darn it, Tanner! I can’t stay pouty when he flashes that grin.

“I suddenly could care less about my race right now,” he countered while raising his eyebrow cutely.

“I feel…” I started, trying to put my finger on what exactly it was that I was feeling.

Obviously, I’m not one to wear the typical promo model outfit. My stomach’s exposed. I have this skirt on that’s shorter than what I usually like my skirts. I had more make up on than I usually wear. And Tanner was smiling at me like he was going to pick me up and tackle me onto the bed. How am I supposed to feel?

“Can you just stay at my trailer all day? I would love that,” he smiled as his hands came to my hips.

“Can I hide in your trailer?” I pouted.

“What’s wrong? You look so amazing right now,” he replied.

“I just… I don’t know. I just feel really body conscious right now,” I told him.

“You have nothing to be conscious about. You lost all your baby weight forever ago. You look drop dead gorgeous right now and I’m having such a hard time controlling myself,” he chuckled, making my face flush red.

“Where’s my Mason?” I asked through a smile.

“Wanting his momma to give daddy kisses,” he smirked.

“You have to win today first,” I smirked back, running a finger down the center of his chest.

“That’s not fair,” he groaned.

“You’re Tanner Foust. How is that not fair to bet you’ll win a drifting event?” I asked while crossing my arms.

He just stuck his tongue out at me before I pushed passed him to go see my little boy before my parents got her to watch him over night. He cooed up a storm once I held him in my arms. It made me smile and leave kisses all over his smooth baby cheeks, getting lip gloss on them too.

“See, Mason thinks his mommy looks good,” Tanner pipped in.

“Shut up, Tanner,” I shot at him playfully.

He went on to poke at me a little more before my parents got here and I was off with Tanner to go to his race to get my promo girl on. Tanner gave me a little pep talk on the way though. He just kept calling me sexy and told me that he couldn’t wait til we got home since Mason’s gone and hasn’t been since he’s been born.

Once we got there, I said goodbye to my boo before I had to walk around for a little bit. Thankfully, I found Kirstie and we stuck together. These two Rockstar girls were not separating no matter what!

“What’s your Joshie boy think of all of this?” I asked as we were walking around… in shoes that were so going to hurt my feet by the end of the night.

“He likes it,” she giggled.

“So does Tanner,” I replied while rolling my eyes.

“I could only imagine what happened in your house before you got here,” she teased.

“I didn’t think he was going to let me leave. He kept looking at me like he was going to pounce on me at any second,” I told her, making her laugh. “Oh, shut up. I bet Josh was the same way,” I shot at her.

“Yeah, but… it’s weird to think that Tanner, the old guy, looks at you the way he does,” she countered with a gag tone to her voice.

“I had a baby with the guy and you’re saying it’s weird when he looks at me?” I questioned through my own chuckle.

“Yeah, but… still,” was her genius response.

This is how we acted the whole day. It was actually fun. I had a blast. But I couldn’t wait for the event to start. I wanted to watch my man kick butt! These stupid people want pictures though! They need to realize that I need to watch Tanner Foust!

This group of guys though… they were being difficult. I wanted to slam each and every one of their faces into each other’s! They were being rude! And I was being nice with using that word to describe they.

“Don’t you guys have something better to do than harass the models?” Josh asked as he came over and hooked his arms around Kirstie and I’s shoulders.

I’ve never been so happy to see this man before in my life! The guys gave Josh a look before they walked off. Once they were finally gone, I let out a sigh.

“You got to get this engagement thing down, Ky. All you have to do is hold this hand up right here,” he started while taking my left hand that had a sparkling new diamond ring on it, “and just throw it in guys’ face. You can even add a na nana boo boo. Stick your head in doo doo,” he went on, making Kirstie and I crack up.

So, if you guys haven’t caught on by now, Tanner did finally ask me to marry him. He did it in the cutest way. He got a little shirt made for Mason and when I went to check on him before I went to bed, like I always do, I found him wearing that shirt. It said will you marry my daddy?. And then when I turned around, Tanner was there on one knee with a ring box already opened. It was so adorable… and so Tanner.

“I wonder about all those times you hit your head,” I teased, making him send me a look.

Kirstie and I laughed again before we walked towards the track to watch the race. Josh walked in between Kirstie and I… with his arms around each of us. If it were any other guy, I would swat him off. But I knew Josh just thought he was the coolest thing, chilling with Rockstar models.

After the race though, I left him and Kirstie. My man won! I had to beat all the other girls to the podium so I could be by his side. By the time I got there, he was just pulling up in his Scion. I smiled as he got out and did a fist pump to the crowd. He’s so cute!

They went on to announce the third and second place finishers before Tanner hopped up on the top spot. Once his sparkling eyes laid on mine, he smiled and hooked an arm around my waist with his trophy in his other hand.

This was a special moment. I never thought I would ever be standing next to my man, my fiancée, on the box at any of his races. He killed it tonight. I was so happy for him. But I wasn’t too happy with him once someone handed him a bottle of champagne and he shook it up while sending me a little mischievous look. He went on to smile at me as he took the foil off and popped the cork… and turned the bottle on me.

I could hear him laugh as I shouted at him through a smile. Once he turned it on his other competitors, I was dripping from head to toe. After all of the liquid was gone, Tanner’s chuckle filled my ears.

“I love you, baby,” he smiled as he pulled me in for a hug.

“I love you too… even if you drenched me in champagne,” I teased.

“We match though. We make a good champagne, podium couple,” he smiled before leaving a loving kiss on my lips.

Once we parted, I smiled and hugged onto him for a few more seconds before he took my hand and led me away from the chaos that was about to happen with the media. He was able to share a few words with Josh and Kirstie before he was nearly forced to be in front of cameras. My man’s job is so hard.

“Aren’t you two just so cute,” Kirstie teased while pinching my cheeks.

“We are. Thank you for reminding me,” I smiled.

We let Tanner have his little moment as we walked back to his trailer, waiting for him to get back. Kirstie and Josh stayed with me, but they weren’t helping with anything. They were being their lovey dovey kissy huggy selves. I wanted Tanner! If he doesn’t come back soon, I’m going to go on a hunt for his cute little butt. But when he comes back, we get to go home and having some quality mommy and daddy time… that we’ve been deprived of since Mason was born. I couldn’t wait!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a huge Tanner kick today... just so everyone knows :) Lol

Ky

comment?