We've Got More Than We Know

Josh Is... Whatever He Is

After Josh’s race, I was officially off of the clock, and I was staying tucked under Tanner’s arm while he held Emma in the other. This was cute. He’s had her all day and she was still talking his ear off while he listened intently to her. It made me miss Mason.

I followed Tanner to his truck and hopped up on the tailgate along with him. His arm was still hooked tightly around my waist as Emma parked it on his lap. They were in their little conversation as I kicked my shoes off, letting them fall to the ground with a sigh.

“I think your Auntie’s feet are sore,” Tanner teased at his new buddy.

She giggled at him before she nuzzled her little face into his chest. It was so cute. So cute, that I had to reach up and give him a quick kiss. But once we parted, Emma brought her head up and looked past Tanner’s shoulder before shouting:

“MOMMA!” she squealed while trying to fight her way out of Tanner’s arms.

He held onto her before Kirstie appeared in front of us… with tears in her eyes. She held onto Emma tightly before I could ask what was wrong. I didn’t want to ask in front of Emma either. I don’t want it to upset Kirstie anymore than she is in front of her daughter. I was assuming it had to do with Josh though… Just sayin’

“Can I stay with you guys tonight?” she asked softly while gently bouncing Emma.

“Of course,” Tanner spoke up.

He went on to hop his cute butt down from his truck and make his way to the driver’s door. Kirstie and I followed and were on our way to Tanner and I’s house. The ride was awkwardly silent. I didn’t like it. Tanner sensed my discomfort and reached over to hold my hand.

Once we got home, Kirstie said that she was going to lay Emma down and change. Since Mason was at Tanner’s dad’s and step mom’s, I could skip the baby part and get changed… Tanner had other plans.

“Tanner, Kirstie’s here and she’s upset. You cant be all lovey right now,” I giggled as he hooked his arms around me from behind and started leaving kisses on my neck.

“I’m in love, Ky. How do you expect me to be?” he mumbled, leading me over to the bed.

“No, no, no, no, no,” I told him while attempting to fight him back away from the bed.

“Your Tanny says yes,” he smirked, picking me up off the ground and easing me down onto the mattress.

I let him have his little loving moment. He deserved it. He was so adorable today with Emma. But once he started getting a little more playful with his kisses, I ended our kisses. He pouted down at me in the cutest little way. It was hard to not give into those sparkling blue eyes that were shining back at me.

“Kylee,” he whined once I got up.

“Tanny,” I whined back playfully.

“Mason’s not here,” he pouted again.

“Kirstie’s here. When does she usually stay here?” I asked while looking down at him from the foot of the bed with my hands on my hips.

“When her and Josh aren’t getting along,” he replied without having to put too much thought into it.

“Exactly!” I shot at him, making his face fill with disappointment.

“Does that mean you’re changing?” he pouted yet again. His lips never look so luscious and plump before.

“Yes, baby, I’m changing. But I’ll keep it in my closet for later,” I smiled, making the cutest little grin come over him.

That one was hard to walk away from. But I did. I left my Rockstar outfit in the closet, hoping Tanner would quickly forget about it, but I wasn’t really putting money on it. I did pull one of his shirts on, along with a pair of shorts before we went down to the living room. Kirstie wasn’t there yet, but thankfully she came down before Tanner got any bright ideas.

“What’s up, Kirst?” Tanner asked once she sat down.

“Josh,” she muttered.

“How did I know?” I mumbled so that she couldn’t hear. Tanner shot me a look though that made me roll my eyes.

“What’d Josh do?” he went on to ask.

“He didn’t come out and say it, but he implied that, by doing this promo thing for Rockstar, I’m not being a good role model for Emma,” she replied while sniffling back tears.

“How can he say that? He was the one saying how sexy you looked!” I snapped.

“I know! That’s why it’s upsetting me so much. When we got back to his hauler, he told me to change before Emma got back, because he didn’t want her to see me like that,” she explained, anger and hurt filling her eyes now.

“Josh? Really?” Tanner butted in.

“Yeah… and he’s like I don’t want Emma to think that’s the way to get guys’ attention. I know he wasn’t trying to hurt my feelings, but… he did,” she sniffled.

“Aw, Kirstie, it’s ok,” I told her as I went over and pulled her in for a hug. “You can stay here as long as you want,” I told her.

She nodded her head once we parted. We didn’t stay down here much longer. It was late and Kirstie’s had a much harder day than I had… and I had a demanding fiancée! But as he was leaving trails of kisses all over, the reason why Josh and Kirstie were… arguing, bothered me.

“What’s wrong, baby?” Tanner asked not detaching his lips from my skin.

“Do you think I shouldn’t have done the Rockstar thing?” I asked softly.

He quickly brought his head up and looked into my eyes before he spoke.

“Who am I to tell you what you can and can’t do? If that’s what you wanted to do, then you should have done it for that reason. Not to look sexy for me or show off your body to other guys, but for you,” he replied.

“Yeah, but… in your opinion, do you think I shouldn’t have done it?” I questioned.

“I think you’re asking do I think you’re any less of a mother because you did that,” he smirked.

“Yeah,” I sighed.

“So, you’re thinking is, you can’t be sexy and be a mother at the same time?” he asked, looking at me with a sideways smirk.

“I don’t know…” I sighed. “It’s just with this Josh thing, it makes me think that you have a problem with it too, but you’re not saying anything,” I told him.

“I think you know me enough to know that Josh Grant and I are two completely different people,” he chuckled.

“Thank God,” I giggled.

“I’m just happy seeing you happy. If you want to be a promo model and that’s what makes you happy, do it. If you want to just be a full time mom… that occasionally puts that sexy Rockstar outfit on,” he stopped to smirk at me, “do it. I want for you what you want,” he finished.

“How did I find a guy like you?” I smiled while hooking my arms around his neck loosely.

“If I remember correctly, you were with John at one of my drifting events and we were talking,” he started with a cute smile on his face. “I didn’t know who you were. I just assumed you were his girlfriend. But he was just bringing you out for you first drifting event as a birthday gift or something,” he went on, wrinkling up his forehead, remembering. And I found it so sexy that he did.

“I couldn’t keep my eyes off of you. You were just beautiful, but… I couldn’t bring myself to talk to you,” he went on.

“But I started asking you about your car and you were just fine,” I smiled while rubbing his bare side.

He sent me a smile before he pressed his lips against mine gently, eventually deepening it into a loving kiss. This made me so happy. I really do have an amazing man in my life that I couldn’t be happier with… along with our beautiful baby boy. I just hope Kirstie and Josh could work things out. Josh is… whatever he is being right now and it’s upsetting my best friend. I want to be hating on him right now, but I know Kirstie does love him and I would never want to see them fall apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tanner *sighs* lol

Ky & Tanny

comment?