We've Got More Than We Know

Don’t Squish My Tanny

“Momma, why aren’t we home wif’ Dada?” Emma asked me when we woke up in the morning.

“Um… we’re going to have some quality time with Auntie Ky and Uncle Tanner and Mason,” I tried to give her some explanation as I stroked her hair.

“Where’s Dada?” She asked me as her caramel eyes stared up into mine.

“He’s… at home,” I sighed.

“Why?”

“Daddy said something that hurt Mommy’s feelings,” I told her softly.

“Why doesn’t Dada say he’s sowwy?” She pouted.

“I’m not sure baby,” I said. “But we’re going to have fun, okay?” I tried reassuring her with a fake smile.

The two of us got up and I pulled on some clothes before helping Emma with hers. I put her hair up in pigtails that Josh always thought were super cute.

I picked up my little girl and she babbled away as I went down the stairs. Her big eyes landed on Kylee who was holding Mason and Tanner sat next to them.

”Mesen!” She squealed.

I sat her down next to Kylee as she peered at the baby. I then went over and plopped on Tanner’s lap as he let out a groan.

“Kirstie, this isn’t comfortable,” Tanner mumbled out as I used him as a chair.

“It’s not supposed to be,” I giggled.

“Momma, don’t sqwish my Tanny,” Emma piped up.

I let out a big laugh before getting off of Tanner and sitting down next to Kylee and put Emma on my lap but she still was looking at Mason.

“He’s my Tanny too,” Ky giggled.

“We share him,” Emma smiled.

“Aw, you love your Uncle Tanny don’t you,” I cooed while hooking my arms around my baby girl.

She nodded her head before starting to make faces at Mason. She put her fingers in her mouth and pulled her cheeks out while she stuck her tongue out and wiggled her tongue.

“Mesen don’t think I funny,” She pouted.

“He’s just a baby Emma. He just doesn’t understand,” Tanner explained. “But I think you’re funny.”

“You funny!” She giggled. “But my Dada’s funnier. Momma’s funny too.”

“Your Mommy’s crazy,” Tanner smiled.

“Zip it Tanner,” I shot at him.

My phone started ringing so I put Emma on Tanner’s lap and got my phone. When I saw who it was I stepped into the next room.

“Hello,” I sighed out.

“Hey, it’s me,” Josh said. “Where are you? Are you alright?”

“I’m at Ky and Tanner’s,” I mumbled out.

“Oh good,” He breathed a sigh of relief. “I was so worried when you didn’t come home last night. Is Emma okay?”

“Yeah, she wants to know why we’re staying here but…” I trailed off.

“Well then come home. Why are you there?” He replied.

“You know why Josh!” I battled. “What you said really hurt me.”

“I’m sorry Kirstie. I really am. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings and that’s not the way I meant it. I just meant that I don’t want Emma to think you have to dress like that to get boy’s attention,” Josh tried explaining.

“Josh, when we have our own arguments that’s whatever, I don’t like it but of course we’re going to have them. But when you imply I’m a bad role model for Emma that just really… hurts me. I try to be the best mom I can be to her and when you tell me stuff like that I feel awful,” I told him with glossy eyes.

“I didn’t mean that. You’re a great mom and I love you. Please just come home and we can talk about all of this,” Josh pleaded.

“I don’t know… I need some time to think,” I replied before hanging up.

Josh and I were best friends as kids. The two of us were inseparable and knew each other like twins or something. Now I just feel like we don’t understand each other anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo! i got an A on my english project!!! i'm happy!!!

Kirstie, Emma, Kylee and Tanner

comments please!!!!!!!