We've Got More Than We Know

Did You Make It Better?

“Momma, Momma!” Emma violently whispered while shaking me.

We had gone to bed about an hour ago and I was sleeping pretty well until Emma just woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn before my eyelids opened and I looked at my little girl.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” I asked.

“I heawr a noise!” She told me. “Yisten.”

I did as she told me and listened as I heard a clicking noise almost. It was coming from the window so I got up and opened the window shades. As I peered out the window I saw a rock hit the window pane. My eyes traveled down and I saw Josh standing in the yard.

I hate to say it but him throwing rocks is corny and cliché but I think it’s super sweet. It’s totally something Josh would do.

“What do you want?” I asked as I opened the window.

“I want to talk to you,” He shouted up.

“Why?” I asked.

“I’m so sorry Kirstie. I miss you and Emma so bad, it’s killing me!” Josh replied.

”DADA!” Emma squealed while popping up next to me and sticking her head out the window.

“Hey Emma! I love you honey!” He shouted.

“I wuv you!” She smiled so brightly. “Did you make Momma’s feelings not hurt anymore?”

“I’m working on it baby,” Josh told her. “Kirstie… can you please come down here and talk to me?”

I stood there for a minute before saying, “Okay. I’ll be down in a second.”

I grabbed a hoodie and slipped on a pair of my soft mocassins.

“Can I come, Momma?” Emma asked.

“In a minute baby. Why don’t you go hop in bed with Auntie Ky and Uncle Tanner then I’ll come get you in a minute,” I said and she nodded her head.

I opened the door to Ky and Tanner’s bedroom while my little girl tip toed in. I’m sure they won’t mind, besides Ky thinks it’s super cute when Tanner’s hanging out with Emma.

My feet carried my slowly downstairs and out the backdoor. I stepped out on the deck and found Josh sitting on a patio chair. When I got closer, he looked up at me and send a small smile my way, making one spread across my face. He always has had that effect on me.

“Kirstie, I’m so sorry,” He immediately apologized. “I really mean that. I didn’t mean to imply that you were a bad role model to Emma.”

“It just seemed like you were implying that,” I softly said.

“I didn’t mean that at all honey,” Josh cooed. “You’re a wonderful mom.”

“Then why did you say that?” I asked him while lifting my eyes off of the floor to look at him.

“It’s just…. she’s my baby girl. I want to protect her and I have to admit I was a little upset that I saw all the moto guys eyeing you and I was seriously angry about what Alessi did. And I guess that I just didn’t want Emma to ever think that she should have to look like all the slutty girls do to get attention. I didn’t mean anything about you Kirstie, honest,” He told me.

As I looked into his eyes I knew he was telling the truth. I’ve been looking into those eyes ever since I was four years old, I know when he’s telling me the truth.

I walked over and sat down on his lap as his arms came around me and he rested his head on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry Joshie,” I apologized.

“Don’t be sorry. I totally understand how you thought that and I’m sorry I said it like that,” He replied.

“I’m glad I’m not mad at you anymore. I hate being mad at you,” I said while hugging onto my boy.

“I hate it too. Especially when I know you’re upset because of me,” Josh pouted out his lower lip. It was so cute I had to kiss him.

“I love you,” I sighed happily.

“I love you too baby,” He smiled. “You’re such a good mom to Emma and I couldn’t ask for a better role model for her.”

“You’re not just saying that?” I questioned.

“Of course not. You’re so sweet, caring, and tender hearted. You love people so much and honestly care about them; not many people have that and it’s a gift. You’re a little crazy and hyper but it’s in a good way. It makes you special and unique. It keeps me on my toes and I love it,” Josh beamed while giving me a kiss.

“You’re such a special guy, I love you my best friend,” I dorkily cooed while spinning his wedding ring around his finger.

I love this guy. I hate being mad at him! I’m so glad we can go home now and share makeup kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm super excited for the weekend to come!!!!

The Grants

you guys should make me happy and comment!