We've Got More Than We Know

A Good King?

Today I had to spend the day in the office but it was Monday so Josh had the day off. He was having a little Daddy/Daughter day with Emma and they were hanging out which I thought was cute.

The second I stepped through the doorway in the living room I started cracking up. My two babies were sitting at Emma’s little white table having a tea party. Josh was sitting in one of the little chairs and he looked like a giant in that chair! There was a few stuffed animals joining them too.

Emma had her hair up in high pig tails and was wearing her pink Shift jersey. She also had on a little pink tutu. Josh had a pink blanket wrapped around his shoulders and a crown on his head.

“Oh stop laughing,” Josh shot at me as I laid on the floor and rolled around laughing.

It took me a good three or four minutes to compose myself but once I did I walked over and said, “No, it’s cute honey.”

“Momma! Daddy’s the king ands I’m the pwincess,” Emma informed me.

“It looks like Daddy’s a glittery king,” I giggled as I brushed some glitter out of his hair.

“Emma said to be royalty you had to be glittery so she dumped it in my hair,” Josh chuckled.

“Was Daddy a good king?” I asked our daughter.

“Yeah. He’s a very good king,” Emma nodded her head violently.

“It looks like you have glitter all over you too,” I smiled once I saw sparkles all over her hair and face. “Why don’t you go up and wipe it off your face honey.”

“Okay Momma,” She agreed while trotting upstairs.

A few more giggles came out of me as I looked at Josh. He shook his head at me as he got up and took his pink cape off and crown then went into the kitchen and tried to brush the glitter out of his hair into the sink.

“Here, let me help you baby,” I smiled as I started brushing it out for him.

“You’re laughing at me,” He pouted.

“No baby, I think it’s cute. You’re such a good daddy and a good sport,” I told him while kissing his cheek. “A lot of guys wouldn’t do that but you did it for your daughter and that’s so sweet.”

“I love her, I can’t stand to see her disappointed just because I let my ego get in the way. And really, what does it hurt, it just makes her happy,” He sweetly replied.

“You are so sweet. I love you,” I cooed while wrapping my arms around him and smiling up at him.

“I love you so much,” Josh grinned before pressing our lips together.

Our house phone started ringing and Josh let out a groan while I let go of him to get it.

“I bet it’s Kylee. She always ruins our nice moments,” Josh teased.

“She didn’t the other night when I was supposed to meet her and Todd at the restaurant because you were being so yummy,” I shot back at him.

“Well that was different,” He smirked while giving my butt a smack.

I shot him a look before picking up the phone. Just as I did Emma came trotting back into the room and Josh scooped her up in his arms. Good! That’ll keep him from trying to make out with me while I’m on the phone!

“Hello this is Kirstie,” I answered.

“It’s Ky,” Her voice came through, making me smile.

“What’s up my bestie?” I asked.

“Not much, just watching Tanner be cute with Mason,” She giggled.

“Of course you are,” I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me!” Kylee shot playfully.

“How did you know I was rolling my eyes?” I questioned.

“Because I know you too well,” She laughed. “But, my parents want to have a little family dinner and I wanted to see if you and your adorable daughter and I guess the greaser wanted to come?”

“Um… well… is your brother going to be there. I haven’t seen him since…” I trailed off.

“I’m pretty sure he won’t be there, that’s why I want you guys to come. Besides, you’re pretty much part of our family I mean, you were always over at our house. And lately my parents have been like, where’s Kirstie we want to see her. They haven’t met Emma yet either.”

“Okay, it sounds like fun. We’ll come,” I told her.

“Awesome,” She replied.

We exchanged a few more words before hanging up. I’m actually kind of looking forward to this. I love seeing my ’extended family’ I just hope a certain snowboarder isn’t there…
♠ ♠ ♠
i loved writting this chapter!

The Grants

comments please!?!?!?!