We've Got More Than We Know

I Feel Yucky

A couple weeks after our little ’Keegan incident’ I woke up and went into Emma’s room. I kneeled down next to her and gently stroked her hair as I kissed her cheek. Her big caramel eyes opened slowly and landed on me.

“Good morning Emma,” I smiled while giving her another kiss.

“I feel yucky,” She whimpered.

“Aw, honey, are you sick?” I cooed and she nodded her head.

I put my hand on her forehead and it was pretty warm. Aw, my poor little girl is sick. I got Emma up and changed her out of her pajamas and into a clean pair so she could still be comfy.

“Let’s go downstairs and have some breakfast,” I softly said while picking her up as she laid her head down on my chest.

“Where’s Daddy?” Emma mumbled out.

“He had to leave early to go to the gym,” I told her. “Want me to call him so you can talk to Daddy?”

Of course she told me yes so I dialed his number and she talked to him for a little bit before her throat started hurting and she handed the phone to me.

“Hey baby,” Josh greeted me.

“Hi honey,” I smiled. “Emma’s really not feeling to well and so she wanted to talk to you.”

“I know, my poor baby girl,” He pouted. “I’m going to be home as soon as I can so I can be with you guys and hold my girls.”

“I’m not sick, you just need to hold Emma,” I giggled.

“But I want to hold you too because I love you,” He replied, making me smile.

“Well I have to say, I won’t mind,” I told him.

“Okay sweetheart, I’ll try to finish up early here,” Josh said.

We shared a few more words before saying our goodbyes and hanging up. I got some eggs for Emma and a glass of milk and I held her on my lap and stroked her hair while she slowly ate.

“How are you feeling sweetie, any better?” I asked when she was done.

“Nuh-uh,” She shook her head.

I held her up against my chest while walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch. She cuddled up in my lap and I turned the TV on. Emma just sat quietly in my lap as I rubbed her back.

Soon after Kylee came walking through the door with Mason in her arms and wedding magazines also. She sat down next to me and sat Mason up in her lap while putting the magazines on the coffee table.

“Hey,” I smiled at her. “Did you and Tanner start planning your wedding finally?”

“Yeah,” She grinned. “He’s not home so I figured I’d come have you help me do a little since you’ve done this all before.”

“I’d love to help, and it looks like Mason’s here to help too,” I said while leaning over and poking his tummy then leaving a kiss on his head. “My favorite little nephew.”

“How’s my little Em?” Kylee asked while looking down at Emma as she was still all cuddled up to me.

“She’s sick,” I told her.

“Aw,” She cooed while giving Emma a kiss.

The two of us started looking through the magazines but one topic kept popping up in my mind and I eventually asked.

“Have you talked to Keegan?” I questioned.

“Yeah I have,” She replied. “I have to say, I’m kind of annoyed at both of them but really with Josh; he jumped all over Keegan.”

“I’m just disappointed in both of them,” I sighed.

“They really need to grow up and act like adults with this,” Kylee rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, they’re acting like 16 year olds,” I agreed.

“We should figure out a way for them to talk this out,” She pondered.

“Definitely. I love both of them and I want them to get along. I really think that they could be good friends if they didn’t hate each other,” I laughed at my last sentence.

“We’ll figure out a way,” She smiled.

I hope we can get them to get along. They don’t even have to like each other, I just want to be able to have them in the same room and not be worried about them punching each other’s lights out!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SUPER PUMPED FOR THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the seahawks are tied with the saints right now. GO SEAHAWKS!

Kirstie and Emma

comments?