We've Got More Than We Know

She Likes Daddy’s Kisses

Emma is getting so big! She’s almost three months and it seems like just yesterday she was born. Josh and I both agree with what people say about babies; she is a bundle of joy. I love my little Grant family so much and I love having both my babies. But my Joshie wasn’t here today. He was off riding his cute little self around on his gorgeous Honda at some track nearby.

“Hey, there’s my sweet girl,” I smiled as I picked up Emma who was laying on the floor, pushing around her soft fabric blocks. Emma’s such a good girl, she’s been sleeping really well lately too. Last night she slept for five consecutive hours, that’s the longest she’s slept all at once so far. Josh and I loved every second of it too; mommy and daddy need some sleep!

“Why aren’t you at work?” I teased as my bestie came walking through my door and sat down next to me.

“I didn’t feel well, so I went home and changed… and then came here since Tanner isn’t home,” She revealed.

“Aw, you’re that addicted that your Tanny that you get withdrawal symptoms when he’s gone,” I giggled out.

“Shut up,” She threw back at me a little harshly.

“Someone’s in a lovely mood,” I rolled my eyes playfully as Emma started fussing so I sat her up on my lap.

“I don’t feel good,” Ky mumbled out.

“You know…” I said while bouncing Emma up and down. “You’re acting like I did before I found out I was pregnant.”

“I’m not pregnant,” She immediately shot back.

“Because you and Tanner are so very careful about not getting pregnant,” I just had to tease her.

“I can’t be pregnant,” Kylee heavily sighed while running a hand through her hair.

“But you want kids,” I added, trying to make her feel a little better.

“Yeah, when Tanner and I are ready… we haven’t even talked about it yet… he can’t even ask me to marry him! We can’t talk about having a kid,” She loudly moaned while falling back farther into the couch.

“You know… I may have an extra pregnancy test from when Josh and I were trying. If you want, you can take it,” I told her.

She ran another hand through her hair before agreeing. Kylee went up to the bathroom while I went into Emma’s nursery. I laid her down in her crib before pulling a fluffy blanket over her and giving her a soft kiss then telling her I loved her.

I slowly walked to the bathroom and heard her talking on the phone. I planted myself on the bed and waited until I heard her stop talking but then I heard another noise…. it was crying.

“Ky, you okay?” I asked while knocking on the door.

When she opened up the door her eyes were all red. I immediately pulled her in for a hug. She just laid her head on my shoulder and cried.

“It’s ok, Ky. Tanner loves you. You’re going to have a cute little family with him,” I tried to soothe her while I rubbed her back.

“I don’t know what he’s going to say,” She sniffled while holding onto me tighter.

“Don’t worry Ky,” I tried to comfort.

We held onto each other for a while before she went home. I felt bad for the poor girl. That’s scary but I’m sure Tanner will be supportive. he better!

Emma woke up from her nap right as Josh was getting home. I picked up our girl and went out to the garage where Josh was unloading his bikes and putting them up on the stand.

“There’s my girls,” Josh beamed while coming over to us and planting a kiss on Emma’s head as she let out a baby coo.

“I think Emma likes Daddy’s kisses,” I smiled.

Josh took Emma from my arms and held her up near his face and covered her whole face in kisses while she cooed and squealed. It was so cute!

“I better not get her all dirty though,” Josh said while handing her back to me and looking down at his dirt covered gear.

“Go hop in the shower and I’ll start dinner,” I said while leaning up to press his lips to mine.

He agreed before going upstairs. I put Emma in her little pink baby car bouncing thing that Tanner and Kylee got for her, the ones you hand in a doorway and they can bounce. Josh just put it up the other day in the doorway that leads into the kitchen and living room. Emma loves that thing and it’s super convenient while I’m making dinner.

“Don’t you look cute,” I smiled as I walked over to Josh as he came into the kitchen, shirtless and his hair all spikey from still being wet.

“Well you look cuter,” He countered while giving my butt a little smack then picked up Emma and held her up against his bare chest.

“Emma, you need to scold your Daddy,” I teased.

“For doing this?” Josh questioned with a smirk as he smacked my butt again.

“Joshua Grant!” I shot at him while bringing my hands up to my hips.

“You like it,” He battled with a big smirk.

“So,” I replied while coming over and rubbing my hands on his bare chest, then kissed him and Emma.

“Look, she’s blowing bubbles,” Josh laughed as Emma made bubbles with her mouth. “You funny little girl,” He went on while poking her tummy, making her coo and slobber more.

She eventually drooled all over Josh’s bare chest but he just laughed and thought it was cute. I think anything he does with our baby is cute. I sure hope that Kylee can experience the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
all i have to say is; wooooow Ky.....

comments??