We've Got More Than We Know

This Mysterious Thing

The next morning I woke up so happy. I was still in Todd’s arms and Mason was sleeping soundless from the bed on the other side of the room. I smiled and left a soft kiss on Todd’s chest. My touch made him stir, but those lids stayed shut. I pouted, wanting him to wake up. He didn’t. I let out a huff as I got up and went to the kitchen… to find no one else up. When was the last time I was the first one up?

I started a pot of coffee and leaned against the counter, waiting for my yummy morning drink to brew. As I did so, I noticed a calendar on the fridge. Out of curiosity, I went over to see what day Mason’s birthday feel on, holding a tiny fear I had. It was still a few weeks away, but, like I said before, I was curious.

Once I was in front of it, I flipped it to the next month and… felt an ache in my chest. Mason’s first birthday… falls on a Saturday. Saturdays are on the weekend… Tanner gets Mason on the weekends. You have to be kidding me!

I let out a heavy sigh as I walked pasted the newly made coffee and walked back into my room. Skipping over an adorable sleeping Todd, I went over and lay next to my little boy and cradle him.

“Mommy loves you, sweetheart,” I said softly while stroking his thick hair, adding a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

This is how I stayed the rest of the morning. Even when I heard movement out in the other rooms. I just felt like I needed to be with my son right now. And I most certainly wasn’t fighting this instinct. But as the minutes passed, a pair of beefy arms snaked around my middle, making me smile once he left a soft kiss on my neck.

“Morning, beautiful,” he softly spoke.

“Morning,” I sighed while taking an arm away from Mason to lace my hand with Todd’s.

“Why aren’t you happy? We had a great night last night. I’m sad now,” he pouted.

“It’s fine… I’m just… moody today,” I told him while rolling over onto my back to look at him.

He replied by sending me a sideways look with a little nervousness in his eyes. Not him now too!

“I’m not pregnant,” I giggled once a relief came over his eyes.

“Well, then what’s wrong?” he cooed, holding me closer.

“Nothing… I’m fine,” I told him, adding a kiss to his lips, hoping that would divert his attention. Thankfully, before he could get anything else out, Emma came running in, all happy and bouncing like she always is.

“Toddie, daddy said that you need to get up,” Emma said while trying to tug Todd off of the bed.

“But I want him,” I pouted teasingly, holding him back.

“No, he needs to get up,” Emma said with a whole lot of attitude and gave Todd one good tug, making him fall off of the bed with a loud thud.

“Ow,” he moaned, making Emma and I giggle.

“Baby, are you ok?” I asked through my laughter.

He just groaned and slowly pulled himself to his feet. As he passed Emma, he gave her a playful glare that only made her laugh more. Todd went on to wonder into the living room, yelling at Josh and Kirstie about their ‘psycho daughter’ as he put it. I laughed and turned back over to see Mason wide-awake. My smile came over me as I gently scooped him up and walked out with everyone else while Emma followed.

“Is there a reason you took my Toddie Bear away from me and my son?” I asked Josh once him and Todd quit talking, ending in Todd walking back to our room.

“You’ll see,” he smiled in his doofy way.

I just rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch with Mason in my arms. Kirstie and I went on to talk about our night. Even though we had that little moment of Josh being a butthead and putting ice down my dress, we still thought last night was really cute. As we were talking, Todd came back out, fully dressed and him and Josh left without say where they were going.

“This mysterious thing is really getting to me,” I mumbled once the door shut.

“But it just makes Josh cuter,” she sighed happily.

I stuck my tongue out in a gagging way, making her roll her eyes and the two babies giggle. I smiled and left a soft kiss on the top of Mason’s head. Kirstie kept up her Josh talking until the boys came back. I was so happy when they did too.

“Come in here,” Josh yelled from the kitchen/dining area.

Being a little pushy, Joshie Boy. When we got to them, they had those carts that room service have… filled with breakfast food. How? I looked at Todd oddly, but all he did was smile and come over to give me a quick kiss.

“I brought Mason’s favorite,” Todd smiled, taking him from my arms. “Check this out, bud,” he went on to grin while showing Mason a full plate of chocolate chip pancakes.

“Yum!” Mason squealed, making me smile at my boy.

We transferred everything to the table and sat down and had a yummy breakfast. Mason stayed on Todd’s lap and ate yet some more chocolate. I’m starting to question Todd’s influence on him now… But Todd’s been more than I could ever ask for him. He’s not Mason’s dad, but he sure steps up and acts like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did anyone watch Top Gear last night? lol I know this is a Todd story but yeah... Tanner was in a Chevy... made me happy :D

Ky

comment pleeease :D