We've Got More Than We Know

I Don’t Like The Atmosphere

Josh, Emma and I were having a nice breakfast when the phone started ringing. Josh reached over and picked up the phone, answering without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” Josh said. “Oh… hey Tanner.”

When I heard his name, my head immediately snapped to Josh.

“Yeah, hold on just a minute. I think Kirstie’s upstairs, let me go find her,” Josh said while putting the phone up against his chest so Tanner couldn’t hear.

“Tanner is having a birthday party for Mason today and asked us to come,” Josh told me.

“Mesen!” Emma beamed.

“Is Ky going to be there?” I asked him.

“I don’t know, he didn’t say. What do you want me to tell him?” He replied.

“I think we should go… for Mason,” I stated.

”Bithday party!” Emma squealed while I let out a giggle.

Josh then got back on the phone and told Tanner we’d come. The three of us finished up our breakfast then got ready and I wrapped Mason’s present. I already had it but I wasn’t going to give it to him until Monday when Ky would have him.

We hopped into Josh’s truck and headed to Tanner’s house. Emma buzzed the entire way, that girl is so hyper! Once we arrived at his house, we made our way to the backyard.

”EMMIE!” Mason squealed while running over to her.

”MESEN!” She giggled while they shared a big hug.

”Aww,” I cooed while taking a picture. Kylee is going to see this the second I see her!

“Au Kousie! Unnle Jwosh!” Mason giggled while bouncing up and down.

“There’s my little bud,” I cooed while bending down and giving him a hug and Josh gave him one too.

I looked around and saw Tanner’s parents as well as Ky’s parents who I went over and shared a hug with. Growing up they pretty much accepted me into their family, I was over at their house so often! I chatted with them for a few minutes while Mason and Emma ran around crazily.

Keegan arrived shortly after and Josh and I sat down under a tree and Keegan came over and chatted with us. I love that Josh and Keegan are friends now! It’s awesome. My nice moment was ruined when he walked over to us with a young blonde chick tucked under his arm.

“Hey, I’m glad you guys could come,” Tanner smiled.

“We couldn’t disappoint Mason,” I spoke up.

“Well thanks for coming. You too Keegan,” He said.

“Yeah, I wanted to see Mase,” Keegan told him, sending Tanner a little glare. Keegan does not like Tanner and frankly I don’t either but I’m here for Mason.

“Tanny, introduce us,” the annoying blonde chick giggled while running a finger down his chest. just kill me now!

“This is Mason’s uncle Keegan and this is Josh and Kirstie Grant and that’s their daughter Emma. Guys, this is Lizzy,” Tanner grinned at his girl.

“Yeah, I’m Kylee’s best friend,” I spoke up, just to annoy Tanner.

“Who’s Kylee?” Lizzy asked.

“Mason’s mother,” Keegan grumbled.

“Oh,” She giggled while they walked away.

“You guys better hold me back or I might kill her,” I rolled my eyes.

“I just may beat you to it,” Josh piped up.

“How could he go from such a great girl like Kylee to….that?” Keegan asked.

“Okay, I don’t find Ky attractive because I love Kirstie but I’d pick Ky over her in a second,” Josh rolled his eyes.

“What? You don’t like fake blondes, always giggling, and wears inappropriate clothing?” I asked.

“Inappropriate? That’s the understatement of the year. And she must be anorexic or something,” Keegs went on.

“It’s weird when girls are that skinny. Does she really think she looks good with all that makeup and horrible clothes?” Josh snickered.

“Apparently Tanner does,” I rolled my eyes again.

Soon Kylee and Todd arrived. I was so glad Todd came especially since Lizzy was here. It’s so rude of Tanner to bring her when he invited Kylee! BUTTHEAD! But we soon got the presents rolling and Todd got him a little Honda! Oh it was so cute! Josh is working on getting one for Emma but he’s going to get pink plastics for it.

When the presents were over the cake was brought out and once we finished singing to Mason he literally stuck his hands in it and started shoving handfuls of cake in his mouth. Everyone got a good laugh except Lizzy who was just staring at Mason like he had a disease. apparently she hadn’t ever seen a kid before.

Emma started digging in too and I laughed so hard when she had it all over her face. Josh went over to Emma with a big smile on his face.

“I think you should give Mommy a kiss,” He loudly whispered to her.

Emma got up and ran over to me, trying to press her lips, that were covered in cake, to my cheek. I let out a squeal as I fell to the ground and held Emma’s waist as she tried to wiggle toward me. Both of us had giggles pouring out of us too.

Lizzy was standing near us and as we rolled around she let out a scream when Emma got some frosting on her as we rolled around.

“Ew! Tanny get it off,” Lizzy screamed, completely horrified.

“It’s just a little frosting,” I said to her.

“But I don’t know where her little dirty hands have been. Children can be really gross. Besides, I wouldn’t take advice from you, you have frosting all over and dirt and grass stains,” She scoffed while eyeing me up and down.

“Look here chicky, that’s my wife and daughter and I resent you talking about them that way. If you don’t want to be here, take your snooty self home along with your slutty clothes, fake hair and bad attitude,” Josh told her off as Todd, Kylee, Keegan and I cracked up.

Her mouth was wide opened and she stomped her little heels and let out a grunt as she clomped into the house.

“I think you guys should go,” Tanner shot at us.

“Fine. I’m so out of here anyway,” Josh threw back with a smirk.

He came over and helped me up then scooped Emma up in his arms. We said our goodbye’s and happy birthday’s to Mason before turning to leave. I shot Tanner a glare on the way too.

“We’re coming with you guys. I don’t like the atmosphere that looms around here,” Todd spoke up while shooting a look at Tanner and if looks could kill, Tanner would be so dead right now.

They said goodbye and happy birthday to Mason as well before Todd and Kylee followed us out. Take that Tanner!
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yeah, that's about as true as me saying i hate the beatles!

The Grants

comments?