Status: About as active as the Jonas Brother's Sex Life- Lmao jk

What Lies Behind the Ocean Ties and Open Skies

Family

“Not good enough Rubi!” Roger, her father exclaimed.
“What! Did you not see how the punching back flew back four feet, that’s freaking perfect!” Rubi defended her right kick.

“But it still not good enough to win a fight.” he argued.
“Are you kidding me? If I did this out in the street I’d fly kick someone’s face off!” she yelled.

“Yes a person out in the street, I’m not talking about a normal person like you or me-” She cut him off with a scoff.

“Please your not normal, you’ve been dead since the American Revolution!”

“War of 1812, Rubi.” The elder hissed loosing his patience with his daughter.

“Hey at least I gave you an important war.” She argued back.
“That was an important war Rubi, it was the second war FOR OUR INDEPENDENCE!!” He yelled.

“Roger let me fill you in as an A. P US History student there are so many important wars, American Revolution fought in the 1700s, Civil War fought in the 1800s, World War I and World War II fought in the 1900s and now the war that’s currently going on in the middle east…that’s it!” She yelled crossing her arms.

A vein in Rogers neck began to throb as he glared at his daughter, she really knew how to get under his skin. He always thought it would be Jose to do this to him and Rubi to stay quiet and ignore him but somewhere along the lines of him revealing to them what they really are and that he is back to take his father role, the two switch personalities. Now Jose ignores him and Rubi fights him.

“Rubi get back into a fighting position, and no I’m not asking you I’m ordering you both as an elder and your father.” Rubi scoffed and sat down on the basement steps.

“Not until you admit my kick was perfect.” She replied.
“GAH!” he yelled and slammed his palm down on the nearest table.

Their voices traveled up the basement staircase to the kitchen where Bernice worked furiously in the kitchen preparing food to take to her club.

“Those two do argue allot.” Bernice said while cutting onions.
“Mm” Jose said. Taking a sip from his black coffee and then placed it back down and continued to read his paper.

“Why do you think they are always at each others throat?” She asked trying to start a conversation with her eldest child.
“Who knows” He said after he shrugged.

Bernice gave a deep sight placing down her onions and knife.

“This has to stop now.” She said wiping her hands on her apron and untying it.

Bernice walked over to the basement door and descended the steps.

Jose sighted knowing this wouldn’t end well and followed his mother down the basement steps.

“You have to be the most sarcastic kid in the universe!” Roger yelled.

“And you have to be the biggest Jerk ever!” She yelled back.

“HEY!” Bernice yelled.

“Stop it you two I will not permit any form of disrespect towards one another in my house!” She yelled.

Rubi and Roger both scoffed and glared at each other from opposite ends of the room. Although they both fought each other Rubi and Roger could not be any more alike.

“Rubi he is your father and you will speak to him with respect.” She said.

“Oh but its ok for him to -” Her mother cut her off.

“END OF DISCUSSION!” she yelled silencing her rebellious daughter.

“And you, you just waltzed back into their lives after being absent most of it. Do you honestly expect them to forgive you that easily? They need a father Roger not an elder.” She yelled.

“Well I guess maybe I should leave again.” He said.

Bernice took a deep breath.

“Maybe you should, you never knew how to be a parent anyways, or a husband at that.” She said.

Roger just orbed away.

Bernice took a deep breath ‘He always did run out when the going got tuff ’ She thought and turned around to face her children.

“I’m done, Jose you can act like none of this affects you for all I care, and Rubi you can keep acting like this and not only will you loose your father and your best friend ..but your mother at that. I’m done with you two.” She said going up the basement staircase.

Rubi scoffed.

“Can you believe her?” Rubi said.
“Can I believe her from being fed up of you being a bitch? Yeah I can.” he said.

“I’m not a bitch!” Rubi yelled.
“Your acting like one!” Jose yelled right back.

“Well its better than acting like a LITTLE BITCH! Like you going around depressed and acting like a martyr because our daddy is back in town. Grow some balls Jose and confront it. I could be whatever but at least I’m expressing how I feel not walking around here acting like my life so miserable because I have daddy issues like you! ” Rubi yelled.

“You know what” Jose said.
“No and I don’t care I’m tired of this family and everyone telling me how to feel or what to do I’m sick of it! I’m fucking leaving since I’m such a bitch right?” She said and ran up the basement stairs through the kitchen, dinning room, up the stairs to her room.

Rubi took a shower and changed into a tee shirt, jeans and flats she brushed her hair and walked out her house.

“Rubi! Rubi! Wait!!!” Darren screamed coming up behind Rubi.

“What?” she yelled at him and continued walking away.

“Don’t what me we have to talk.” he said still running next to her out of breathe trying to speak to his best friend.

“Yeah well I don’t want to speak to you.” She said still walking ahead.

“Damnit Rubi don’t you walk away from me.” He said grabbing her by the arm and pulling her towards him.

“We need to speak about this.” He said seriously.

“I don’t want- honestly I don’t want to speak about anything with you anymore, erase my number erase me from your mind! I hate you! I cant believe you never fucking told me about my father or about you!.” She yelled.

“I couldn’t Rubi your mom binded your powers technically you weren’t magical its against to rules!” he yelled.

“Oh yeah, well forget we were ever best friends!” she yelled.
“C’mon Rubi” he said trying to grab her arm again.

She pulled her arm free

“I’m serious Darren.” She said and walked away somberly. Darren stared at her retreating figure this was his worst nightmare come true.

Rubi made it to the end of the block and sat down on a rock and she put her hand in her hands and cried. She damned anyone who was having a good time right now.

Aurora, New York

Adam Xavier Fuller and his girlfriend Aurora Lawni walked on the soft sand of the beach hands entwined smiling love radiating in their eyes. Adam lean down and whispered something in her ear and she laughed out loud.

“I’ve never been so happy.” Aurora said coming to a sudden halt.

Adam looked her lovingly in the eyes

“I want to make you happier.” he said.

“How is that even possible!” She said giggling.

Adam bend down on one knee and produced a box from his pocket.

“Aurora will you marry me?” a gasped escaped her lips.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” She yelled. Adam placed the ring on her finger and stood up the two kissed and embraced.

“Ow.” She said and clutched her head and rocked sideways Adam stabilized her.

“Baby what’s the matter?” He asked nervous.

“Nothing, nothing …its just the excitement of this and all that.” She said smiling her beautiful smile that made his heart skip a beat. She took her hand off her head and grabbed both of his hands.

“I cant wait till we are 18 baby its going to be the best time of our life, I promise to make you the happiest man on the planet!” She exclaimed and jumped in his arms and swung her around happily and they laughed and kissed each other. This was the best time of Adam’s life he couldn’t imagine anyone having a bad time right now.

San Francisco, California

“Jose come back here!” Bernice yelled. Jose slammed the door shut and walked out the house. Bernice crumpled on the floor crying her family was ruined and it was all magic’s fault she dammed the day her ancestor in the 1600’s messed with the supernatural. Her children’s life spiraled out of control in less than a week and she always knew this would happen it happened to her when she was growing up.

A heavenly jingle filled her ears but she ignored the brilliant white and blue particles materializing in front of her she continue to cry and clutch the rail of her staircase.

“Bernice.” Roger said at the heartbreaking scene in front of him.
“Why cant you just fix this… they are your kids too damint Roger for once do something screw the rules!” She yelled.

“Bernice …. I cant-” he tried to tell her. She crawled to him and gripped his hands.
“Please Roger.. I’m begging you on my hands and knees please..” Roger couldn’t handle Bernice like this although the elders made him abandon his family Bernice will always be the love of his life. Roger closed his eyes and concentrated after a few seconds he opened his eyes.

“I got her.” Roger said.
“What?” Bernice said looking up at him.

“I found Rubi… I’m going to her now Bernice I promise I’ll bring them back to you.” He said. Then orbed away and she sat down Indian style on the floor and wiped her tears away.

Rubi sat on her knees her knees were digging into the soft grains of the sand while she leaned on a rock crying her eyes out. Rubi cried so heavily that she did not notice her father materializing behind her. It broke Rogers heart to see his daughter so broken.

“Rubi?” he called. She turned around and rolled her eyes when she saw him.

“Oh God why cant you just leave me alone.” She whined crying she was broken and she could not come up with a smart ass response.

“Rubi” Roger said one last time and dropped to his knees and grabbed his crying daughter in his arms.

Hours Later

Bernice sat in the patio drinking black coffee trying to calm her nerves. Bernice heard the door open and close she put her coffee down and made her way to the foyer thinking maybe Jose had come back but to her surprise it was Rubi and Roger coming in together. Rubi had her hair tied up in a bun and she had a smile on her face her eyes were red but it looked like she had stopped crying hours ago. Roger also had bags under his eyes but the smile on his face was undeniable.

“What’s going on?” Bernice said confused.

‘We made up mom I apologized to dad for being the way I was with him and he apologized for never being there and-” She smiled at him she didn’t want to give the whole surprise away.

“And I’m going to speak to the elders and ask if I could turn my robe in and clip my wings I want to be the father and husband I should have always been.” Roger finished for her.

“That’s of course only if you still want to Bernice?” Roger asked.

“Yes of course I do.” She said smiling.

“Where’s Jose?” Rubi asked.

“He and I had a huge argument when you left Rubi and he hasn’t come back.” Bernice said. Roger closed his eyes and then opened them back up.

“There’s a problem Bernice I cant sense him.” Roger said worried.

“Is he okay?” Bernice said.

“I don’t know baby.” he said.

“Aren’t I part angel? Can’t I try?” Rubi said.

“Rubi your barely a witch and we are starting with that first and sensing someone takes lots of concentration and will power that I still haven’t taught you.” Roger answered.

“But she’s his sister and my daughter let her try. Tell her what to do, Roger.” Bernice said.

“Rubi just close your eyes and think of Jose picture him in your minds eye, feel his presence, let the blood call try to call that bond.” Roger told her. Rubi closed her eyes and tried to picture her brother she felt a part of her come to the center and come alive she felt Jose, then she smelled her brothers colon, then she saw him sitting on a log. She concentrated harder she smelt the lake then she saw him she felt salty tears coming down her cheeks. Rubi opened her eyes.

“I know where he’s at.”
Rubi, Roger, and Bernice materialized in the middle of the park.

“Are you sure Rubi?” Roger asked.

“Whenever Jose or I missed you mom would take us to this lake to cheer us up… eventually he and I got too old to say we missed our daddy so he and I stopped saying we did, then mom opened her restaurant and she was to busy to take us. So I started taking Darren when he use to miss his mommy and once he and I saw Jose here. So its like a secret pack between us all we’d come to lake on our own whenever we missed someone or want to be alone to think.” Rubi said.

“Wait here.” Rubi said once they reach the clearing that would take them to the lake and she entered. The sound of running water invaded her ears she looked for the log she saw in her head. Then up ahead she saw Jose sitting on a log with his face in his hands.

“Jose” Rubi called out. Jose looked up.

“Leave me alone.” He said simply.

Rubi sat down next to Jose and she spoke to him.

“Do you think Rubi can convince him?” Roger asked.

“If anyone can Rubi can those two have always had such a good relationship.” Bernice said.

“That’s thanks to you Bernice… I wasn’t there but I always watched over you I was there for Jose highschool graduation. I just couldn’t get close to you.” He said painfully.

“Its all over now Roger.” Bernice said.

“We finally have a family Jose accept it.” Rubi told Jose and he nodded his head and they hugged.

Rubi and Jose walked out arm in arm to their parents.

“Are we okay now?” Bernice asked.

“Not completely because we still have to all talk but yeah I guess we are okay.” Rubi said.

“Lets go home.” Roger said and they all huddle close and he orbed them home.

They materialized in the street corner by their house and they all walked together to the house.

“God every time we do that I feel woozy.” Rubi said.
“Yeah I don’t think my organs are were they should be.” Jose finished.

They walked together to the manor when Rubi spotted Darren buying an ice cream.

“Guys I’ll be right back.” Rubi said to her family.

She ran to Darren

“Darren wait!” Rubi called out. Darren took a bite out of his ice cream looked back and continue walking. Rubi jogged up to Darren.

“Thought you didn’t want to know that I existed.” Darren said nonchalantly eating his ice cream. She grabbed his arm and turned him to face her.

“Okay okay you were right I was a bitch.” She said.
“A huge -” she cut him off.

“Okay! A huge bitch but look I’m sorry I’m really really sorry, you’re my best friend I should have heard you out. How did I expect you to tell me you were right I wasn’t magical you couldn’t tell me I get how they work now and … and I’m sorry I can just hope you accept this very shitty apology and that its not to late for me to get my best friend back.” Rubi said.

“Your right it was shitty.” Darren said eating his ice cream. Rubi sighted in defeat.
“But you are my best friend so yes I do forgive you.” He said smiling and she smiled at him and they hugged.

“Lets go home.” Rubi said and they walked together joined their family and walked together into the manor.

Aurora. New York

Squeals and yells came from all over the place as the two families came together.
“Its beautiful” Victoria Aurora’s sister said looking at her little sisters engagement ring.

“We have decided to get marry once we graduate highschool.” Adam said proudly.

Lenox Adam’s mother smiled a tight smile.

“Are you sure this is what you want to do honey?” She asked she had nothing against Aurora she loved her but she never truly saw her as the girl of Adam’s life but sometimes parents are wrong.

“Yeah mom I love her and we’ve been together since we were twelve I’m sure I’ll never meet another girl like Aurora I want to do this.” He said.

Lenox just smiled and grabbed her sons face and his hands.

“I’m so happy for you baby, Aurora is an amazing girl.” Lenox said.

“I’m happy for you son.” Brian said giving his son a man hug.

“I cant be any happier.” Adam said laughing at the scene in front of him.

Aurora hugged with her sister-in-law Ashley who loved each other so much. The families were joined together in this happy moment.

San Francisco, California

“I cant be any happier.” Rubi said.

“Really honey?” Bernice said.

“Yeah mom look our family is back together.” She said showing her mother the scene before her Darren, Jose, and her father Roger laughing and having a good time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I <3 this series so comment and subscribe yes? Thanks.

Next to update... You Rocked My World You Know You Did Winchester Brother's :D