Love Is a ***

Thrity-Two

White. White. More white. Honestly couldn’t they pick… oh I don’t know… one shade darker than white. That could have been better, but no. This horrible color was chosen instead. By the time I get out of here, I’m really going to hate the color white.

I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do with Ryan. I do know I’m breaking up with him, but when and how? If I do it alone… then he could kill me, but if I do another the gang… they might bring this case to someone; who really shouldn’t know about our situation. I hate Ryan, but I don’t want to put him in any legal trouble.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway. It sounded like someone was running, probably to make sure a love one isn’t dying.

“You fucking snitch!” Ryan appeared at the doorway. His face was the brightest red I’ve ever seen, his hands were so pallor from being rolled up into fists, and his eyes were bloodshot. Sweat trickled down his face, matting his black hair to his forehead and the sides of his face.

“Ryan… calm--”

“SHUT UP MAC! SHUT THE FUCK UP!” he slowly walked over to me, “What happened to hockey? What? You couldn’t tell Mark that it was hockey?” he grabbed my wrist and held it tightly. I could feel the blood being cut off.

“He deserves to know. He’s like my brother.” I explained. Ryan slammed his fist into my nose, and I hissed in pained. I brought my free hand to my nose and brought it back in front of my eyes. Blood smeared across the back of my hand, and it began trickling onto the white bed sheets, and gown.

He held onto my wrist tighter, “He deserves to know nothing! Nothing at all! What happens in our relationships stays between us! You hear me!” he smacked me hard across the cheek, “Do you know what this means?”

He brought his face five inches apart from mine. I shook my head slowly, “You were hurting me, Ryan. Couples don’t do that to each other.”

He smack my cheek hard again, “Fucking idiot! You think you can do whatever the fuck you want! No! Your with me now! If you can’t sit there and listen to me, then I have no choice, but to punish you!” he took in a shaky breathe, “All because of you snitching to Mark, the whole gang knows. They aren’t letting me see you, and their hurting me--us Mac. We have to leave. Your getting out of the hospital and were leaving this town.”

I nodded slowly, “I can’t go with you, Ryan. I don’t want to go anywhere with you.”

His eyes blacken, and his jaw was clench tightly, “What did you say?”

“I don’t want to go anywhere with you. Ryan, your not a good boyfriend.”

I regret saying those words now. His hands wrapped around my throat and he smirked, “What’s that? My hearing isn’t good. Did you say, you didn’t want to go with me?” I slowly nodded, and his hands tighten around my throat.

“Ry--an!” I choked, his hands were squeezing tightly around my neck and my breathing was cut off. My chest was the start of a wild fire, and my eyes were stringing with salt water tears. My heart picked up speed, but there was no air to carry through my body. The heart monitor was beeping like crazy has Ryan was strangling me to death.

“GET OFF OF HIM!” a voice roared through the room. My vision was cut off by the tears.

“Mac is mine!” Ryan cried, “And he deserves to die.” his voice coming out has a low growl.

“Your going to kill him!” another voice called.

“Wow, Mark. Did you just figured that one out? Or did someone tell you?” Ryan jeered.

Someone was prying Ryan’s hands away from my throat, “Get-- off-- of-- him!”

At that moment, my neck was free. I began panting for air, a hand over my chest, and the other around my neck. I glanced over at the group. Emerald, Chartreuse, and December were holding Ryan back.

“Mac!” Mark rushed to my side, “Are you okay? I’m so sorry.” he pulled my hand away from my throat to see the damage.

“Sammy! Katie! Go find security!” December shouted, “Bert and John! You go find a nurse!”

The four bolted out of the door.

“Ryan?” I glanced over at him.

He shot a glare at me, “What the fuck do you want now?!”

All eyes turned to me. I gulped, “I’m-- breaking up with you.”

“There is no break up, Mac! I declare what goes on in this relationship!” he snarled, he was struggling against the twins grip and December’s.

“Fucking no!” December yelled, “Mac doesn’t want to be with an asshole like you anymore.”

Katie and Sammy ran into the room panting, “There-- he is.” they both said in sync, pointing to Ryan.

A tall black man stepped into the room, he was buffed, and had broad shoulders, He wore his work uniform and step over to Ryan, “You can either get up and walk out yourself or I drag you out? Your choice.”

Ryan scoffed, and the three let go of him slowly. Chartreuse stepped over to the bed carefully, holding his arms out to the side. Emerald and December held their ground and Ryan sighed.

“I’ll be back Mac.” he warned and walked out of the room with the man following behind.

Emerald shook his head, “Your safe now Mac. He’s gone.”

Sammy wrapped her arms around Chartreuse, “He might come back.”

“Well,,, do you need a place to stay?” Chartreuse asked.

Mark shook his head, “Mac, you need to get out of this town. I’ll get some things for you together, but leave. Don’t come back until I think its safe enough for you to come back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe and comment. If you comment I will give you Chick-Fil-A!