Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"Maybe."

The moment my mom came home, she immediately began to give Angel an amazing amount of attention exclaiming how adorable she was and how I used to be that adorable.

"Thanks, Mom..." I grumbled, but blushing because Fang was staring at me.

She ignored me and just continued to coo about Angel.

I sneakily stepped closer to Fang to catch his attention while Angel was distracted and I gave him a curious look.

"What did Angel say to you earlier?"

"Nothing," he replied, watching Angel and my mom.

"If it's nothing then why didn't she tell me and why does she keep looking at me all the time? It makes me uncomfortable."

Fang looked at me out of the corner of his eye, "I'll tell her to stop, if you'd like."

I frowned, "That'd be nice, but don't avoid my question."

He made no attempt to explain anything to me, so I was going to ask him again, but my mom asked me to help her with dinner.

"Sure, Mom," I replied, walking away from Fang, but not without a stare that said we would talk about it later.

"Can I help?" Angel asked.

My mom grinned, "Of course! Would you like to help to, Fang?"

He smiled at my mom a little, "If you'd like me to."

She smiled saying she would love it if he did and he immediately followed all of us into the kitchen.

It was a little difficult to move in the small kitchen so I chose to chop some veggies on the counter where none of us walked very much. Unfortunately, my mom had moved to the counter directly behind me and Angel asked for help from Fang who had to squeeze between me and my mom. It just so happened that as he turned to get between us, my mom backed up, pushing Fang into me which caused me to have a miniature heart attack and slice into my finger.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed, dropping the knife and sticking my finger in my mouth.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" my mom apologized to me and Fang.

"I'll be fine," I replied, finger still in my mouth. "I'll be right back."

I quickly rushed out of the kitchen and went into the bathroom. I shut the door and leaned against it while scolding myself for being so skittish when it came to Fang. After I got that out of my system, I found myself a band-aid and stuck my finger under running water to wash the wound.

There was a knock on the door and I allowed whoever it was to come in, but I dropped the band-aid in the sink when I saw it was Fang.

"Dangit," I grumbled, fishing the band-aid out and throwing it away since it was ruined.

Fang actually chuckled and helped me by getting another band-aid.

"Oh shush. It's not funny," I pouted, wrapping a paper towel around my finger to dry it.

"I disagree," he replied, unwrapping the band-aid for me.

"You don't have to help me," I stated.

"I did cause you to cut yourself, didn't I?"

I froze, petrified that he knew his touch gave me a heart attack that caused me to cut myself.

"I did hit your arm pretty hard."

I inwardly sighed in relief, "Um, yeah. It's no problem though. I'm fine."

Fang rolled his eyes and took my hand, pulling the paper towel way to wrap the band aid around my finger.

I looked away from him and took my arm back, blushing too bright for my liking.

"Thanks," I mumbled, watching the blood slowly color the band-aid fabric red. "I'm gonna have to change it soon though."

An awkward silence, at least for me, filled the room and I sneaked a peek at Fang. He silently chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Are you okay?" a sweet voice asked from behind Fang.

I looked around him and found Angel in the doorway looking concerned.

"Yeah, I'm okay, Angel. It's just a little cut."

Fang made a noise that said I was lying, "I wouldn't call it a little cut."

I glared at him for a second before smiling at Angel, "Don't worry about me. I really am okay. Let's just go back out and help my mom again."

"You are not helping me with that finger, Sora!" my mom called out.

Angel giggled and Fang smirked while I frowned.

"Okay... Guess I won't be helping my mom anymore..."

Fang walked passed me to leave, but he pat my head once before he walked around Angel and to the kitchen.

Angel stared at me for a moment before grinning brightly and skipping after Fang.

"So weird..." I groaned, leaving the bathroom and going into the kitchen to at least watch.

Image


Fang, Angel and I were all down in the basement watching a movie, but Angel was fast asleep on the floor where she had snuggled into one of our extra sleeping bags.

I watched her for a moment, sitting on my own sleeping bag on the couch with my chin on my knees and wondered about her.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Fang asked as he sat beside me.

I instantly blushed remembering my dream the day before, but I pushed it away to at least speak to him.

"I'm just wondering about her. She's so unique and isn't as innocent as she looks."

He chuckled, "Never judge a book by its cover."

"Yeah, yeah," I stuck my tongue out at him. "Speaking of Angel, you never told me what she said to you."

"Nothing," he replied, looking away from me.

"Don't you say that. I know you're lying. She keeps looking at me with a weird expression and you're acting really different, too."

"What's different in how I act?" he asked me, turning back to me with a challenging look in his eyes.

"I, uh... You... That's not fair," I frowned. "You're intimidating when you look at people like that."

He smirked, "It doesn't work for everybody."

I stared at him confused, my mouth slightly hanging open, trying to figure out what he meant by that. I had an idea, but I was too embarrassed to even think of it being a possibility. He didn't know anything unless that was what Angel had told him.

My mouth widened and I looked at Angel before looking at a now confused Fang.

"What?"

I wanted to ask him if that's what she told him, but I was too afraid it wasn't and I would be stuck knowing I admitted it in the awkward moments that would pass afterwards.

I groaned and gripped my hair with my hands as if I was going to rip it from my head. "Nothing," I finally said, closing my eyes to calm down.

Fang pulled my hands away from my hair and set them in my lap, "You look crazy pulling on your hair like that."

"I think I am crazy," I mumbled, putting my head in my hands.

"You're not crazy."

"If you say so..."

It was silent again until I sighed.

"When do you plan on leaving tomorrow?"

He shrugged.

"Will you wake me up before you go?"

"Maybe."

"Don't say maybe. I don't want to miss you guys going. I'm going to miss you," I said, looking at Fang sadly.

Unusually for Fang, he wrapped me in a hug and put his chin on my head. My face turned a bright red when the side of my face came in contact with his chest and I awkwardly sat there in his arms.

"Maybe," he said again before letting me go and walking up the stairs to his bed, leaving me staring after him confused and a little upset.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there is that chapter. I'm gonna try and post tomorrow, but we'll see. Hope you enjoyed and I hope you comment!