Running From Lions

014

The next morning we got ready and all walked to school together.

“I’ll see you at lunch,” Jack said kissing me and walking off.

“Did I miss something?” Alex asked and I laughed explaining as we sat down in class.

“I told you so,” he bragged and I rolled my eyes.

A month later and I’d not seen my brother but things were great with Jack, Alex had told his parents he’d not see Xavier again but he was lying. They’d gone away for the weekend and we were all staying round, I noticed Xavier hold Alex’s hand and I smiled.

“What?” whispered Jack and I pointed and he rolled his eyes.

“Do you know what them guys have been getting up to?” he asked and I smiled.

“Do you really want to know?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Sort of, it feels weird it being my cousin but then I’m closer to Alex than I am Xavier,” he admitted.

“Well they’ve obviously made out but I’m pretty sure they’ve not slept together, if I’m honest I think Alex is being cautious,” I admitted and he nodded.

“Has he, you know slept with someone before?” he asked and I nodded.

“He slept with his ex boyfriend and I know for a fact he slept with a girl in school,” I replied and he nodded

“What does Alex see them as?” he asked and I shrugged.

“He just says Xavier I don’t think he sees him as a boyfriend why?” I asked and Jack smiled.

“Xavier called him his boyfriend to me earlier”, Jack said and I laughed.

“Xavier come help me fetch some stuff from home,” Jack shouted standing up and Xavier rolled his eyes following him out the house.

“How obvious does he make it,” Alex said.

“Who?” I asked.

“Jack, he might as well of said ‘Xavier come with me so Rory can talk to Alex about you’,” he said smiling and I laughed.

“So you two,” I said and he smiled.

“What’s going on?” I asked and he shrugged.

“A boy doesn’t hold your hand for nothing even I know that,” I said and he nodded.

“You 2 still only made out then?” I asked and he nodded.

"Ever since dad caught us we’ve not exactly had much privacy,” he admitted and I smiled.

“So it’s not because you don’t want to?” I asked and he shook his head.

“No I think it would go further, but I don’t know what he feels about it,” he admitted.

“Well he called you his boyfriend to Jack,” I said and his eyes widened.

“Really?” I nodded.

“Boyfriend? That’s pretty big,” he admitted and I smiled.

“So you want to be his boyfriend?” I asked and he nodded.

“I guess so I like him but what if my dad finds out?” he asked.

“He doesn’t have to find out, it shouldn’t matter. Don’t not be with him just because your dad’s a jerk,” I said and he nodded.

“I guess but I just don’t want to fight and it makes mom and dad fight and I don’t want that either,” he admitted.

“I know but don’t stop being with someone just for them, my mom and dad argue over Jonah constantly but they’ve accepted him for who he is, even if he is dangerous,” I explained and he nodded.

The door opened as Jack and Xavier walked in.

“I can’t believe he just said that,” Xavier said laughing and Jack nodded coughing from laughing too much.

“It’s gross when it comes form your own dad though,” Jack said through tears.

“He’s just so funny though,” Xavier said falling over from laughing and Jack kicked his leg.

“No he’s not and you didn’t exactly help! Your parents should never say that to you,” Jack snapped as Xavier laughed even more.

“Shut up if it was my dad you’d have been in fits, just because your own dad filled you in on that knowledge you think it’s out of order,” he stated.

“What are you on about?” Alex asked and Xavier smiled.

“Dad just told me something gross!” Jack admitted.

“What?” Alex asked and Xavier started to laugh.

“He was telling us how he’s glad that Jack’s out tonight because…”

“Xavier don’t you dare repeat it! I feel sick after hearing it the first time round,” Jack snapped sitting down after recovering from laughing.

“Lets just say there actions could lead to a child,” Xavier said and I started to laugh.

“Don’t you laugh,” Jack said turning to me and I kissed his cheek.

“Let’s watch movies,” Xavier suggested and Alex flicked through the channels to find a decent one.

“Sorry I laughed,” I offered.

“No your not,” Jack whispered back and I smiled as he kissed me.

I rested my head on his shoulder as we sat watching the movie.

“Just think what your parents are up to,” I teased and he shook his head.

Near the end of the film I felt his hand on my leg as he nudged me, I looked at him and he kissed me placing his hand on my neck deepening the kiss. He pulled away smiling and I looked over to see Alex and Xavier making out.

“Looks like your parents aren’t the only ones,” I whispered and he glared at me before looking at them.

He rolled his eyes “Get a room” he said and they stopped and looked over at us.

“Stop watching us,” Xavier replied and Jack shook his head.

“Get a room,” he repeated and Alex smiled.

“Maybe we will,” he said standing up pulling Xavier behind him.

“You guys want to stay in my room tonight?” Alex asked and Jack shrugged.

“Alex don’t you dare sleep in your parents room with him,” I snapped and he smiled.

“Why not?” he asked smiling.

“You know full well why not,” I replied as he kissed Xavier again.

“Alex I’m serious!” I warned.

“Me too, come on,” he said pulling Xavier behind him.

“Alex think about it,” I begged and he laughed.

“I’ve thought about it, I’ve thought how much I’ll love it,” he said smiling evilly and I laughed.

“Your mom won’t be happy,” I reasoned and he nodded thinking about it before smiling.

“It’ll happen on dad’s side,” he said a he wrapped his arm round Xavier pulling him up the stairs.

Jack chewed at his lip “It’s okay you can laugh,” I said and he started to laugh.

“It is funny Rory,” he said and I smiled.

“Do your parents mind us staying together?” I shook my head.

“Want to go out to the park?” he asked.

“Its like midnight,” I replied.

“Yeah we’ll be fine come on,” he said dragging me with him.

“I’ll text Alex, not that he’ll notice we’ve gone,” he said as he took Alex’s keys and locked the door.