Running From Lions

040

* Rory’s Pov *

I noticed Xavier sit back down and he seemed really busy on the phone and on his computer, which was extremely unlike him.

He was talking away on the phone to people and then after 2 hours he got up walking off again before returning looking relieved, I noticed there was only 30 minutes until we finished work and I started looking at what everyone was doing tomorrow so I could remind people as they left.

45 minutes later and everyone had left apart so I handed the keys over to the door staff downstairs so they could give them to the cleaners when they got there in the morning as usual.

“Cheer up it’s not all that bad,” Xavier said as we walked towards the boys work where we met them everyday, when we got there only Alex was waiting for us.

“Jack?” I asked and he shrugged.

“All I know is that it’s important and he’ll drop by at ours later so you should come with us. Maybe his parents are coming home early or something, who knows,” Alex said and we all walked towards their flat.

We got there and we all sat around hanging out until 2 hours later when Xavier answered the door, I heard mumbling until Jack appeared in the doorway of the lounge with a smiling Xavier behind him.

“Look who I found,” Xavier said pushing past and sitting back down and Jack sat next to me.

“How was work?” Jack asked and I nodded.

“Good,” he said putting his arm over my shoulders.

I didn’t mean to be awkward I just didn’t know what to do anymore, mom rang me 3 times but I just ignored her until she rang again and I answered it.

“Rory where are you?” she asked.

“Xavier’s why?” I replied.

“I need you home, I want to talk to you about something,” she said and I sighed.

“Can’t it wait?” I asked.

“No it can’t so can you come home please?” she asked and I agreed hanging up.

“Sorry guys I have to go, I’ll talk to you later or something,” I said standing up.

“Where are you going?” Alex asked.

“Home mom wants to talk to me and apparently it can’t wait,” I said as I saw Jack stand up.

“You can stay here; I’ll walk it’s fine,” I said and he shook his head.

“No really it’s okay, I’ll see you at yours later or something, let me know when you get home,” I said turning to leave and he grabbed my wrist.

“I’ve got to go,” I said and he shook his head.

“No you don’t wait a minute,” he said and I shook my head.

“Mom wants to talk to me Jack, this can wait until later,” I said and he shook his head.

“No it can’t,” he stated.

“Well it’s going to have to,” I snapped at him.

“No your mom can wait, I need to talk to you first. Come with me,” he said dragging me into the kitchen with him.

“I’m sorry Rory,” he said dragging me into the hallway.

“Jack this really can wait I need to get home,” I said trying to pull away from him.

“Rory for the love of God just shut up for 5 minutes. I need to talk to you before your mom does okay! This is important,” he half shouted at me.

“Shut up not everyone needs to hear you,” I scolded and he looked away from me before sighing.

“I know why your mom wants to talk to you Rory and I can’t let you go without telling you first. What you said last night kept playing on my mind so I asked around and your house has been sold,” he stated and I stared at him as tears filled my eyes.

I knew what was coming ‘I’m sorry Rory but we have to break up’ and I didn’t want to hear it.

“What?” I asked and he nodded.

“I got mom to pretend to be interested and it was sold 2 days ago, I had to tell you I’m sorry,” he said and I just nodded.

“Okay so what now?” I asked and he looked at his feet before speaking again.