Running From Lions

007

There was a knock at the door and I wandered down to see Jack.

“Hi do you want to come out?” he asked and I nodded, Jonah hadn’t been home yet and I knew he’d be back sometime tonight.

“Your quiet are you okay?” he asked as we sat down on the bench down the street and I nodded, I didn’t want to go home tonight so the longer I spent with him the better.

“So you like Alex?” I asked.

“He doesn’t like you at all, told me not to trust you, he said you’re a popular girl, don’t worry I like you,” he said and I smiled as he hugged me.

“I’m not the person he thinks I am,” I said as I saw Alex walking towards us.

They started to talk.

“Do you want to come to mine?” asked Alex.

“What about Rory?” Jack asked and Alex didn't even look at me.

“Well there’s her brother so she best get home,” Alex said and I looked up to see Jonah stumble off the sidewalk.

I walked over carefully watching him.

“Jonah are you going home?” I asked and he smiled as he hugged me but I flinched.

He dragged me back towards the others.

“Hi Gaskarth, you are?” he said to Jack.

“Jack Barakat I live opposite now,” he said as he smiled.

“Got any money?” asked Jonah.

“Don’t ask people that, I’ve got $10 in my room if you go,” I said and he stumbled home as Alex said something.

“What?” I asked.

“I said your brother’s a fucking moron,” snapped Alex.

“But I guess you’ll tell him and he’ll come beat us up. I mean that’s what your like,” snapped Alex and I looked at him.

“When have I ever done that? I never use my brother and I’ve never been horrible to you so stop making me out to be someone I’m not, you don’t know me!” I shouted.

I felt someone grab my wrist and I jumped in pain.

“Liar! There’s no money,” Jonah shouted at me.

“Stop they can see you,” I whispered as pain seared in my wrist but he didn’t care.

“Money!” he demanded.

“I don’t have any you took it all this morning,” I replied looking away.

“Here’s $10 take it,” offered Jack as Jonah snatched it from him pushing me away from him walking off.

“What was that?” asked Alex as I rubbed my wrist.

“Nothing, you shouldn’t have given him that. I’ll pay you back,” I said as I walked to follow Jonah.

That money was going straight on more drink and someone had to stop him before he hurt someone else tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have another new story if you want to check it out Holly, Would You Turn Me... thanks :D