Status: Active

Are You Having a Good Time, Sweetheart?

Three

Image

“Not one damn fucking thing.” I chuckled. “Guess that’s nothing new. I hardly ever remember nights like these.” Alex looked at me like someone just slapped him in the face and suddenly turned around and stormed away.

“What the fuck is wrong with him?” I mumbled. Jack shrugged. “No idea. And who cares, come on let’s get some breakfast.” He said and threw one arm over my shoulder, pulling me along.

I smiled, I was so lucky to still have him as a best friend. Guess I should explain what happened between us. Yes, Jack and I had been married, we had been for almost a year, even though I’d been in New York most of the time. Jack found me a year after I left Chicago, he’d been in New York for the day and we bumped into each other. We had a coffee and talked a lot, about everything. At the end of the day we’d decided we were better of as friends and got a divorce a week before our anniversary.

In the next few months Jack would visit me every change he got, taking Hailey with him as often as possible. He’d given my number to Zack and Rian, who too had visit me a couple times, but I’d made them promise not to tell Alex where I was. He’d known Jack took Hailey with him to see me, but Jack had kept his promise and never said a word about where I was.

After breakfast Jack and I hung out with Rian, Zack and Andrew. Soon I was getting bored and Jack offered to go watch a movie in his bus. We asked the rest, but nobody was interested.

We sat down on the couch and Jack popped in a DVD. The movies hadn’t even started when he turned around to face me. “Hey Sky. Can I ask you something?” “Sure.” “Do you still love Alex?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex’s P.O.V

I stormed back to the bus. She didn’t remember, not a single thing that had happened last night. Not what I told her about Hailey, not the kiss, not even that I told her I love her. I collapsed in my bunk and just laid there.

A couple of hours later I heard people entering the bus. I recognized the voices as Jack’s and Sky’s, they were talking loud enough for me to hear.

“Do you still love Alex?” I heard Jack ask her and I held my breath, not sure if I wanted to know the answer. “I don’t think that’s what this is all about Jack.” Sky said after a minute of silence. “The point is Alex doesn’t love me anymore, so why would I drive myself crazy wondering if I still love him and if I want him back?”

My heart stopped when I heard her words, she thought I didn’t love her anymore? How could I not, she was the only girl I ever loved, she was everything to me, how could she for a second think I ever stopped loving her.

“But…” “Jack stop! I don’t want to talk about this. Let’s just watch the movie.” They stopped talking and I could only hear the faint sound of the movie that was being played.

------------------------------------------------------------

I needed to talk to Sky, tell her everything I said last night, and I could only hope this would turn out the same. I decided to watch their set and talk to her after the concert. I was standing next to Jack on the side stage, watching Bad Influence play, I had to admit, they were pretty amazing, Sky had a beautiful voice.

“He guys.” Sky spoke and the crowd cheered. “So this next song I wrote a little while ago. It’s very personal to me and it describes everything I felt for the past year and a half. I wrote this song about someone I loved, but he broke my heart. You know who you are, this is for you.” She said and our eyes met for a second before the launched into the song.

Torn in two I lie awake
The moon lights up the room like day
Another night I spend alone
Without your touch my skin so cold

The blood that's running through my veins
With every beat there's no escape
Lost in everything I trust
Still can't seem to get enough

Even though the world I loved
It won't ever be the way it was
And your heart of stone left mine breaking.

Every night I cry
And die a little more each time
Say you love me
Nothing left inside
Say you love me
And the silence will set me free

Memories they take me back
Every moment fades to black
Every kiss and every taste
I wished time would ease the pain

Even though the world I loved
It won't ever be the way it was
And my heart is weak my hands are shaking

Every night I cry
And die a little more each time
Say you love me
Nothing left inside
Say you love me
And the silence will set me free

And every night I cry

I don't know if I'll ever make this right
Cause I am just so broken by the bitterness of loneliness
And I'm so scared of this
I don't know if I'll ever make this right
Cause I am just so broken by the bitterness of loneliness
And I'm so scared

Even though the world I loved
It won't ever be the way it was
And your heart of stone left mine breaking

Every night I cry
And die a little more each time
Say you love me
Nothing left inside
Say you love me
And the silence will set me free

(Every night she cry [2x])
And the silence will set me free


This song, it was about me, about all the pain I caused her. And still after everything I did, she still loved me. I had to make things right, no matter what.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sky’s P.O.V

After we finished the song I looked at Alex and I knew he knew what the song was about. I didn’t stay to watch their set, but went outside for some air. Outside I simply leaned against the cold, brick wall with nothing but my own thoughts to keep me company.

After I don’t know how long the door opened and Alex appeared. “Can we talk?” Was all he said, his voice soft, almost hesitant. I nodded and we walked a little deeper into the alley so we wouldn’t be bothered.

I stopped and turned around. Alex didn’t say anything as he leaned against the wall across from me. I copied his position and we stood there for what felt like hours, but were only minutes in reality.

He studied me for a few long moments, and finally broke the silence. “You’ve changed.” He concluded. I nodded, but didn’t respond otherwise. “What happened to you Sky?” His voice still as quiet as before.

I choked out an humorless laugh. “What happened to me? You! You happened to me Alex!”
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is "The Silence" by Mayday Parade, I changed the lyrics to a first person POV so it would be more direct, like Sky was actually talking to Alex.

Yeah, so this chapter is more of a filler, and I needed to explain what happened with Sky and Jack.

Sorry it's taking me so long the update all my stories, but I'm working on 4 stories, I'am trying to come up with a whole new one, I'am very busy with school and on top of all this I have a horrible writers block :P

But please stick with me, I promise things will get better and I'll try to update more often soon.

comment = updates

IMPORTANT!!
For those who read my other story, I miss you, I'm so sorry, it's on a hiatus till 10/2, just so I can figure out how to continue and write some decent chapters.
Love, Felicia