Holly, Would You Turn Me

Stop Them

I looked up to see Jack had gone and Rian had appeared.

“Sorry dude I know you mean it but I just want you to sort this out, you cant carry on warring you both need to know where you stand,” he said and I nodded.

“I know but we’re friends and that’s all, why’s Zack being a prick?” I asked and Rian shrugged.

“Time of the month?” he suggested and we both laughed.

“Well I wish he’d get over it,” I said and he nodded.

“Holly should be here in a…” he was cut off by the door.

“Minute,” he finished and we both smiled.

I opened the door and she explained she’d tried to ring me but it was busy so she rang Rian who told her to come down here.

“Holz on Friday we’re going to meet someone, they’re doing a piece on musicians and their over halves or something and they wanted us, sorry,” I offered and she smiled.

“It’s okay, am I still good enough for you?” she asked joking and I laughed.

“You’ll do,” I replied and she smiled at me.

“What?” asked Zack and we both looked over at him.

“Alex why can’t you just stop with all this? Why don’t you just say your gay and leave everyone alone?” Zack asked.

“Zack,” Rian snapped at him as a warning to be quiet.

“Because if I said I was gay we’d get dropped from our label and no one else would have us then, gay rock stars don’t sell albums and funnily enough its you who wanted to be famous,” I replied calmly and he rolled his eyes.

“Well get another girl,” he said and I nodded.

“You know full well if that’s what you both wanted I’d stop! She’s your girlfriend Zack and I respect that,” I reassured him and he shook his head.

“No you don’t, she’s your girlfriend she just comes to me for things you won’t give her,” he snapped.

“Zack stop it!” she snapped at him.

“No its true,” he shouted at her but she wasn’t sacred of him.

“No Zack its not true! You’re making it sound like I’m some girl who’s desperate for a guy to love her who won’t and I’m not! I don’t like Alex like that and you know it, I’m your girlfriend not his,” she shouted at him.

“Well it never seems like you are,” he stated.

“Zack where is this coming from? Every time I can spend with you I do but I have a job too you know, you’re my boyfriend and you know that,” she said and he shrugged as if it wasn’t worth the argument and just shut up.

“So what do they want to know?” Rian asked and I shrugged.

“Just said it’s about musicians and their other halves so maybe it’ll be about how do they stay together or something like that I really don’t know, I guess we’ll find out,” I admitted.

“Another lie,” Jack said from the doorway and I sighed having enough of him already.

“Who’s lying?” Rian asked confused.

“Alex with his ‘I am so in love with Holly’ crap,” he snided.

“Jack don’t start this,” I stated and he sighed.

“It’s only the truth but your too far along in your lies to notice aren’t you,” he snapped at me and I ignored him thinking he’d give in.

“This band will fall apart because of you,” he said staring at Holly.

“Who?” Rian asked.

“Her, everything bad that happens in this band is caused by her,” he snided and she looked away.

“She’s the reason we got a record deal because you know Alex would never manage without a story,” Rian said defending Holly.

Jack was one of those people who when angry every muscle is his body tensed and he became almost rigid and he was slowly turning into that person now before my eyes, the smallest in weight out of us but the one we feared the most.

On sight you’d label him the weakest the one who was easily overpowered but in reality he wasn’t, he’d take us all down if he felt the need to do it and even Zack wouldn’t be a match for him; but he never used his full strength which was something that terrified me more.

Being picked on as a kid had left him hardened, he could take a beating and still come back for more and he knew he was strong meaning he’d rarely back down.

“Jack can we not talk about this?” I asked and he ignored the comment.

“Don’t ignore me Holly, without you All Time Low would be better off,” he said and she looked up at him.

“Without her All Time Low wouldn’t be so famous! You forget who she exactly is! Holly may well travel with us everywhere because she’s Zack’s girlfriend and my best friend but she’s still working. Without her almost every song our fans sing back to us wouldn’t exist and they’d sing it back to a different band, she maybe never sings a word but she made more money than us last year,” I argued.

“But.”

“But nothing Jack she’s working the same as us, maybe she doesn’t get on stage every night but she writes songs for most bands in this scene and she’s written a lot of our songs too,” I reminded him and he shook his head.

“Without her we’d be together and everything would be different, better even. I just wish you’d fuck off Holly, you cause us nothing but trouble,” he shouted at her inching further towards us.

He went off on a rant shouting and cursing but all I noticed was his slow and steady advances towards us, Rian looked between us and Zack seemed unfazed by Jacks movements.

“Stop!” I shouted but he didn’t listen or care.

“You’re just in this for your own fame Holly, your nothing more than a fame whore!” Jack shouted at her.

“Shut the fuck up! Don’t you ever talk to her like that and I swear you come any closer and I’ll hit you so fucking hard,” I said calmly and his cold eyes looked at me before returning to her.

“I hate you,” he said slowly and carefully to her and I shook my head before hitting him and he raised his hand to hit me back.

I got another punch in before his fist hit me and I felt Rian grab me pulling me back trying to stop us but Zack never moved as Jack rained punches onto my body and it felt like he’d knocked my kidneys clean from my body.

“Zack will you do something,” Rian shouted but he shrugged.

“Maybe he deserves it,” he said calmly.

“He was protecting your girlfriend you jerk now stop Jack before this goes too far and you lose this band!” Rian shouted at him and he grabbed Jacks arm pulling him away from me, I broke away pushing Holly towards the door and leaving.

We walked down the street in silence as I pulled my hood up to hide my face, we got home and spent the rest of the day in silence before Zack came round.

I took the hint and left them alone downstairs, I heard them talking but couldn’t make it out until I heard Holly shouting, I resisted the urge to go to them as I heard Zack shout back followed by more shouting and then the front door slamming.

I went down to see her crying and I sat down quietly and she hugged me, she never spoke again until next morning when I asked about it.

“He told me to make you get back with Jack and to stop seeing you until you did. He also said I ‘should stop getting involved in the band because I cause all the trouble’ so I think I might stay away for a while,” she said and I reassured her that she didn’t cause us any problems and Rian rang to say not to listen to them they were being jerks.

“We have that interview tomorrow I can cancel if you want?” I offered and she shook her head.

“What are you going to wear?” she asked and I shrugged.

“Fancy going shopping?” I asked and she smiled as she got up going to get changed before returning and we left.