Holly, Would You Turn Me

Calm Down

We got to the hospital and they took us into a room and started asking questions, they wanted to check me over but I refused and they decided to sort my head out first.

The doctor walked in to check me over and I refused to let her near me so she fetched another doctor but I wouldn’t let him in the room without crying.

“Hey Holly come on, this is their job. You need to let them look after you okay, I’m here and so is Zack,” Jack reassured and I let them look at my back.

They agreed it wasn’t anything serious and that it was my head that needed seeing to but they stopped it bleeding to discover it was a smaller cut than they first thought so I didn’t need stitches.

“What happened Holly, after he dragged you into the alleyway?” The female doctor asked but I refused to answer but she just kept pushing it.

“Leave her alone okay! She obviously doesn’t want to talk about it so stop asking her,” Jack snapped grabbing my hand as I started to cry again.

“Sir we’re not trying to force her but she does need to tell us so we have time to do other things if…” she started but Jack cut in.

“I know why you need to know but just leave it out! You’ll know soon enough okay,” he snapped as I started to cry again.

She nodded and left and Zack stood up.

“Jack how could you let her go off with him?” he snapped at him.

“I never knew he’d do that! He was nice and I’ve known him over a year, I thought he was a nice guy! Do you really think if I knew he was that type of guy I’d have even wanted to be friends with him? We’ve had our arguments and yes I’ve done some stupid things to her recently but I love her Zack and you know full well I’d never let anyone hurt her,” Jack snapped back at him.

“Well it hasn’t seemed that way recently! You said you hated her and you didn’t care about her anymore, are you sure you never knew?” Zack snapped at him and I laid there in a daze running it over and over in my mind.

“How can you say that? I’d never let anyone hurt her, yes I hated her recently but regardless of what I feel for her Alex loves her and I love Alex so I’d never let anyone touch her! I’d fight for her just because he would, I was the one who found her Zack not you!” Jack shouted at him.

“Why were you out anyway? You were both at the party,” he asked.

“She left and I knew she was upset about something, he said he’d walk with her and then I realized she was going home to an empty house so I went to make sure she got home okay and to see if she wanted to talk to me. I walked past and I heard her shout and she shouted my name and I found them, this is my entire fault. If I’d not been a jealous dick we’d never have fought and then Alex would be here and he’d have walked with her and I wouldn’t have needed to have other friends at the party and he’d have never got near her. Holly babe I’m sorry, I never meant for you to get hurt,” Jack said crying and I nodded.

“Who was it? Where does he live?” Zack asked and Jack shook his head.

“If I thought that would help I’d have put his head through the wall but it won’t Zack, it’s her we need to look after,” Jack replied.

"You look after her and I’ll go and see him,” Zack said standing up and Jack shook his head.

“You’re her boyfriend Zack!”

“Not anymore I’m not,” he replied.

“Yeah that’s my fault as well, you love her and she loves you so just forget what I made you both do and get back together, now’s not the time for all this. Where the heck is Alex?” Jack said looking at me and dragging me from my mind and I started to cry again.

“Holly baby don’t cry,” Zack said trying to hug me but I wouldn’t let him touch me.

“No stop it,” I cried and he looked at Jack as I pulled the blanket around me trying to hide my face, I felt a hand on my shoulder and my skin jumped.

“Please don’t,” I begged.

“Holz it’s Jack come on calm down,” he said and I latched myself onto him and he sat on the edge of the bed and when it became apparent I wasn’t letting go he sat back and I curled up around him and he pulled me further into him.

“Your okay, your safe now. It’s only Zack and he’d never hurt you, come on,” he said but I shook my head squeezing him tighter, it made no sense to be scared of Zack he’d not done a thing wrong.

If anyone I should want Zack and not Jack the guy who’d hit me himself not all that long ago but I didn’t.

Jack had been a great friend to me in the past and he’d saved me and I only wanted him, he’d saved me and he felt safe to me plus like he said, he had no interest in me so he wouldn’t try and hurt me.