Holly, Would You Turn Me

The Fall Out

“What are you guys…fuck what happened to you?” Zack said looking at Jack who’s lip was still bleeding, Jack looked away ashamed of himself.

“Alex you went too far this time,” Zack said walking towards me ripping Holly from my chest and I knew he was doing it through fear I’d hurt her.

His eyes widened as they saw her face and then turned to fill with anger.

“You fucking…” he raised his fist but Holly moved in front of me to protect me.

“Zack it wasn’t him,” she said quickly and he looked confused and then turned to Jack.

“How dare you you fucking jerk,” he shouted as he grabbed Jack pulling him to stand up and Jack eyes widened in fear.

“Zack don’t hit him,” she said quietly and he looked at her.

“Why not? Look what he’s done to you,” he said and she looked at the floor.

“Alex already hit him, please don’t,” she begged and Zack clenched his fist before letting him go and returning to Holly.

“You think you two will learn to stop with the arguing now? It’s bad enough when you do it to each other but when someone else gets dragged in its wrong especially when it’s a girl and she gets hit,” Zack snapped at us and we both nodded.

Zack answered his phone and kept his eye on Holly before hanging up.

“That’s mom, I’ve got to go pick her up from the airport. Come on,” he said pulling Holly after him.

“I’ll stay here, I don’t want to go out,” she said quietly and I felt sick.

“But Holly…” he started and she cut him off.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll stay with Alex,” she said moving back to my side and he nodded.

“If you so much as touch her I swear,” Zack started on Jack

“He’s learnt his lesson, don’t worry Zack I won’t let anything happen to her,” I reassured him and he scowled at Jack before leaving.

Holly wandered to the bathroom to check out her face while I remained in the bedroom, Jack got up and walked towards me.

“I’m sorry,” he offered looking at me.

“Alex I never meant it I just didn’t think, I’m not mad you hit me, I’d have hit me too,” he said wrapping his arm round my waist and hugging me.

I pushed him away.

“What are you doing?” I snapped.

“Apologizing, making it up to you,” he said leaning forward to kiss me but I moved away, he looked at me hurt.

“I can’t,” I said.

“Can’t what?” he asked and I looked away from him.

“I can’t do this with someone who would hurt Holly, I just can’t,” I admitted walking away and he just stood there.

I walked into the bathroom and stood behind Holly.

“Don’t do this,” she said quietly and I knew she meant Jack and me.

“Holz I can’t be with anyone who meaning to or not hurt you,” I explained as I wrapped my arms round her.

“But you love him,” she whispered and I shook my head.

“I used to,” I replied.