Clothes Off!

{15}

Evie and Izzy stood along the side of the bar; their eyes narrowed in discontent at the temporary manager. It wasn't that he wasn't good at running the club - business was booming - but he didn't know how to take care of the girls.

And the girls were the most important cogs in the machine. "I can't believe Brendon did that for you guys," Izzy finally spoke up. Evie rolled her eyes.

"Sure. It was nice of him."

"You're really not going to give him a chance? He did that because of you," Ryan commented dryly from his spot just down from Evie. He glared stubbornly at her and she sighed.

"Look, I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything but-"

"He's been here almost every night you've worked. He's spent so much money and even more time on you! And you're just fucking breaking his heart. You're such a bitch."

"Foul mouth for such a pretty boy," Evie shook her hair from her eyes. "Look, I don't mix business with pleasure."

"So, what do you call the other night?"

"I was drunk," she defended herself. "And so was he."

"But he liked you!"

"Just, drop it Ryan. I just can't like a client like that, okay?"

"So, if he wasn't a client-"

"That's not dropping it!" Evie hissed, before she stormed off towards the back. She glanced at Brendon as she left the room. He was conversing urgently with Pete and she almost felt bad that she didn't like him.

Almost.

She threw herself down into the chair in front of her mirror and glared at her reflection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie stood against the side of her car, letting the fresh air wash around her.

She felt stifled from being inside the packed club and was thankful that it was a cool night in the desert. She exhaled slowly and looked upwards, her eyes focusing on the small scattering of stars dotted on the sky.

"Nice, huh?"

"Yeah," she mumbled, not looking at the owner of the voice as it came to a stop in front of her. She licked her lips.

"I hope you didn't get any trouble after I spoke to Pete." She could have sworn there was a concerned undertone to Brendon's voice.

"We didn't, thanks. The girls and I; we really appreciate that." She finally looked down and saw that he was smiling at her, a blush colouring his cheeks. He smiled a little wider, locking eyes with her.

"Good," he breathed. He took a step closer to her and Evie realised exactly what he was doing far too late. His lips caught hers by surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one's my favourite.
Comment and tell me what you think.
Oh, and there's only five more parts after this.