Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Dinner with Daddy

Gerard’s POV

“Babe I’m bored!” Frank whines from beside me. Christmas season was here which meant we were off of school for the next 3 weeks. We’ve been stuck indoors for what seems like forever and have become tired of watching old movies while being supervised by parents. I officially came out to my family at dinner when Mikey accidently asked how Frank was, but good old Mikey didn’t just say Frank, he had to ask about my ‘Sexy love monkey’ which in all honesty, worried my parents more about Mikey then me. They were really accepting of me and after that insisted Frank stay over a lot more.

“Frankie, I don’t know what to say, I’m bored too.”

“Gee, my dad still doesn’t know about us you know.” I quickly turn around and stare at him confused. It’s been a month since Frank’s mom caught us in bed together and his dad still doesn’t know!

“Why haven’t you told him about us?!” He explained to me that I never went over to introduce myself and eventually Frank forgot to remind me until this moment. I sighed deeply realizing I needed to introduce myself before Christmas because that’s when our parents were having a big Christmas party and my folks were bond to accidently spill some information. “Alright, I’ll meet them tonight. You should go home and prepare yourself to explain to your dad.”

“This is going to feel like the tree house incident all over again,” he mumbled into my neck. I laughed slightly, lifted his chin, and kissed him. After the kiss was broken, he got up then gathered his stuff to leave. “See you at 7.”
I nodded then went upstairs to grab some clothes for a good warm shoer, but of course Mikey had to interrupt that.

“Hey Gee, whatcha up to?”

“Just going to take a shower then get ready for tonight.”

“Another Toro party?! I want to go, I can invite Anita and we can all go have fun!” Despite the fact my little brother made a horrible mistake at the last party, I really wish it was a party at Ray’s instead of dinner at Frank’s.

“Sorry little Bro, but there’s no party and unfortunately I’m not going to Ray’s.”

“You just don’t want to take me! You want to have all this fun and leave me behind just because I made one little mistake the last time you took me anywhere!”

“Little?” He glared at me then proceeded to yell about how I’m an unfair, selfish prick and how he’s old enough to make his own decisions and if he wants to go to Ray’s party he can. I finally gave up because he was wasting my precious time and just yelled out, “Fine Mikey, sorry! You’re right you can do whatever you want so go right ahead and go to Ray’s party. As for me I’m going Frank’s house to meet his father as his boyfriend. You make sure to have extra fun for me at Ray’s party.”

“You liar there is no party huh?!” I threw my hands up in the air and walked away from my brother. There is no pleasing that kid! I jumped in the shower and did my business, luckily very quick. I dried myself off and blow dried my hair until I was satisfied with how it looked. I contemplated on whether make-up would make me look too gay or if I should wear it so I looked good for Frank. I decided to wear it because Frank wears it so his parents would understand and I’d look hot. I was finally satisfied on how I looked, so I decided to get dressed.

I pulled on my favorite black dress shirt that I wore on special occasions and threw on a red tie to complete it. I hope I’m not getting too dressed up for this dinner; I don’t want to look awkwardly fancy while his parents were comfortable. Well it’s better if I’m overdressed then underdressed. I pulled on my tightest, least faded black jeans and looked myself over once more.

“You, Gerard Way, look sexy!” I tell myself while admiring myself in the mirror. I walk out of the bathroom really happy about my appearance and am faced with a new problem. Red, comfortable Chucks or black, boring dress shoes? I grab my Chucks realizing no one’s going to care about my shoes and I figure I’m all set. I look at my bedroom clock and see it’s already 6:15. I stuff my pockets with the essentials: wallet, phone, and car keys, grab my leather coat, and then ran out the door with a final goodbye to Mikey. I figured there would be time to stop for a little something special.

Frank’s POV

As soon as I got home, I filled my parents in on the fact that Gerard was coming over for dinner. They said that be fine, but they didn’t know he was coming as my boyfriend; I was still a little too scared for that announcement. I ran upstairs and threw on some good clothes: Tight fitted red shirt, tight black jeans, and some red Chucks. I looked myself over then tousled my hair back and forth for a wild look. I ran back downstairs and started to prepare my mom’s favorite dish, Zucchini Herb Casserole. I finished preparing it and threw it in the oven then set the timer for a good 30 minutes. I threw my apron and oven mitts wow do I sound gay to the side to find my mom and dad watching T.V in the living room. I look them over once and roll my eyes before running up to their room to find more appropriate clothes, lame old people clothes just wasn’t cutting it tonight. I ran back downstairs and threw my mom her favorite black and white evening dress, black pumps, and make-up bag. Then I threw my dad a plain white dress shirt, black slacks, and black dress shoes.

“Both of you get ready like now!” I said emphasizing the word ‘now’.

“Son, you act like tonight is a big thing. One of your friends is just coming to dinner, there’s nothing new about that. Unless you’re embarrassed of your parent’s fashion sense,” he said laughing at something he alone found funny.

“No Dad, I’m not embarrassed or anything! I just want us to all look really good tonight, this dinner really is important to me and I can’t tell you why just yet, could you guys just please get ready.”

“Come now Dear, this obviously is very important to Frank and we should get ready before Gerard arrives.” With that my parents leave the room quickly and I realized I forgot all about my make-up, for some reason Gerard fancies me much more with it on.

I run red eyeliner over and under my eyes then smear it so it looks good. I glance at myself one last time before my timer in the kitchen goes off. I bolt downstairs and take out my dinner then set it on our dining room table. Just then the doorbell rings and I hear my mother say she’s got it. I take a deep breath and see Gerard handing my mom a box of chocolates and a bouquet of flowers. He then turns to my father, shakes his hand, then hands him a bottle of Blackstone Merlot and Tatuajes. Wow, that’s rather impressing. I’m not sure how he managed to remember my father’s favorite wine and cigars, but he did. My dad smiles at him and I can already see he’s going to love him.

“Gerard Honey, it’s so nice to see you after all these years. How have you been?”

“Good Mrs. Iero. Just finishing up school and working to get into college soon. I really hope you two enjoy that wine, my mother said this stuff was excellent and my father still remembers your favorite cigars Mr. Iero.”

“Yes, indeed he does. Come in Gerard, it’s cold outside and we don’t need you catching something. Your folks would kill us!”

“Thank you Mr. Iero, but let me just go say hi to Frank for a moment then we can catch up in the living room.” My mother kissed Gerard’s cheek and gave him a hug before she let him get to me. “Hi Baby, and don’t think I forgot my little Frankie.” He whispered to me after a quick hug that lucky my parents hadn’t seen. He pulled his hand from behind his back and gave me a single red rose.

“Gee, it’s beautiful! I’m very impressed with you, sweeping my parents off their feet with red wine, chocolate, cigars, and flowers! There’s no way they won’t love you after tonight. By the way, you look extremely hot and, we match tonight.” He loved me over and nodded his head confirming we, indeed, matched excepted for his black shirt with a very sexy red tie. He kissed me tenderly and we proceeded into the living room with my parents.

“So Son, what is it you needed to talk to us about?” he asked around his newly lite cigar. I took this time to explain, knowing he would be very relaxed right about now.

“Well Dad, you know how I’m gay right?”

“Well of course! And we are very accepting, you know that.” He looked really shocked and hurt as if I accused him of something wrong.

“Well Dad, I kind of have a boyfriend.”

“Oh you do? Well isn’t that nice, when are we going to meet him?”

“Well Dad, you already kind of know him. Since I was four actually.”

“Oh, well that nice, but you’re still beating around the bush Son. Out with it, who is the lucky guy?”

“Gerard,” I said quickly, frightened of what he might say or do.

“Oh.” Oh? Did he just say oh? As in ‘Oh son, well whatever.’ Don’t ‘oh’ me!

“Oh? That’s all? Nothing else you want to say Dad besides OH?!”

“Not really, Gerard is a nice boy and I like him. Nothing much to say after that except for maybe, is dinner almost ready?” I mumble that it was done and both my parents waltzed into the kitchen taking the wine with them. Gerard chuckled as I scowled because my father seemed like he could care less that I was scared shitless for tonight.

“Well that went well.”

“Hell fucking it did! Too well! I was hoping for a little more emotion, but no, just be downright happy Dad!” He laughed some more and ushered me into the kitchen pulling my chair out for me. Wow, what a gentlemen I have My mother served us all and poured us wine. Yeah, US! They were in such a happy mood that they poured us dinner wine with our meal. I looked over at Gerard and mouth the words ‘Did you drug those cigars?!’ He shook his head and smiled politely at my parents. Dinner went exceptionally well. My dad asked Gerard about college, work, and how long we’d been together. He was surprised it had been a little more than half a year, but didn’t seem too fazed. Yep, Gerard drugged my parents which is why they both are acting so calm! Or maybe he’s not only intoxicating to me, but to my parents as well.

Unfortunately the time came when Gerard had to leave. He thanked my family for a lovely meal, kissed both my parents cheeks, and gave me a short loving kiss before bidding us goodbye in Italian. FUCKING ITALIAN?! Where and when did he even learn Italian?! I helped my mother clean up the kitchen then retired to my room thinking about the nerve wrecking evening I just had while everyone else seemed so damn peaceful. Frank Anthony Iero, you overwork yourself way too much! I thought before drifting off into a peaceful sleep, warm in my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that was a weird chapter to write. I'm in such a peaceful mellow mood and I felt like putting that into my writing tonight. It was indeed interesting wouldn't you say, ladies and gentlemen? Lol:) So why is it this chapter seem too damn formal and SOOOO not like Gerard or Frank?! What is with the red wine and cigars?! I wanted Gerard to meet Frank's dad and be like DYSFUNCTIONAL haha:) But for some reason this is what happens! I really hope you like this chapter but I know I fucking do:D

Special shout out to Pfft because she's just so damn awesome! I love her stories because they are so fucking amazing and all you Frerard addicts need to go see her stories and you'll be blown away. *whisper*Tell her Anita sent you.
Well I got to go, you know the drill and what not:D ILY!

xo
Anita:)