Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Chapter 30

Mikey still

Am I dead? No because Gerard is still standing there staring at me with shear shock on his face. But how am I not dead? I looked around and seen I was on the sidewalk, I tried to move my hand and seen I broken a finger, but beside that, I was perfectly fine. I looked around and there was blood, everywhere, but no one around bleeding. I stood up as Gerard rushed to my side.

“Gerard, I’m not like dead right? And if not, do you see me bleeding profusely from my body?”

“Mikey, you- your perfectly fine! But, what happened, h-how did you get over here?” I looked around again and finally seen it or I should say him.

“Gerard! Gerard! D-do you see him?! He’s right there, across the street and Gee, he’s bleeding, and we have to help him Gee!” I pointed to where the most beautiful Unicorn stood; bleeding from the side I assumed the car hit him on.

“Mikey- Mikey! Oh no, no no no no no, Mikey please wake up please!” Why is Gerard yelling? I’m fi- oooooow. Ow, why does my side hurt, an-and my head. OW! I slowly opened my eyes and seen I wasn’t fine. I was in a fucking hospital and my entire family, including Frank and Anita, were here. “MIKEY! You’re awake, oh thank gawd!”

“Gerard? What the fuck happened?” I looked around now scared and then moaned out in pain.

“Mikey stop moving! Lie down and wait for the nurse to come check you out.”

“But Gerard, what the hell happened?! Tell me!”

“You were sort of hit by a car Mikes, it stopped and all, but the collision threw you a few feet and you landed on your arm, fractioning it.”

“But I’m fine, right?”

“Well you’ll be put in a cast and most likely miss the Christmas party, but other than that you should be fine. Good news is no more gym for the rest of the year! Easy A!” I rolled my eyes at my brother before collapsing back onto the bed defeated.

“So no Christmas party for me?”

“No, but my dad is going over to your parents so you’re welcomed to stay at my house until the party is over. All the noise will be killer to your head and we need to make sure it’s quiet for you.” I thought this over, a night alone with my girlfriend while my body was shattered or my body perfectly fine so my great aunts can pinch my cheeks talking about how cute I am. Maybe the accident was a good thing.

“Michael Way! Don’t say that!” Oops, didn’t mean to say the last part out loud. I blushed then mumbled an apology thanking God I didn’t say the first half of my thought. My mother sighed and went to call a nurse to see when we could go. Anita came over kissed my forehead and then started walking out.

“Hey! Where are you going?!”

“I have work, duh! I’ll swing by to see you later. Frank has my number and he can call if anything else goes wrong. So glad you’re fine Babe, but I really need this job! Bye!” She sprinted out as I sighed causing me to hiss because of the pain.

“If all I did was fraction my arm, why the hell does my side hurt?!”

“Well Mikey, you were hit by a car so obviously you’re bruised. What, did you think it was going to tickle or something?” Frank asked, the sentence dripping with sarcasm. I flipped him the bird just as my nurse came in to tell me the news.

“So Mikey, good news. You are free to go once we check your head for any more injuries, BUT there are some strict rules for you to follow. Since you were hit by a car you can’t have any extreme movements that could cause strain. I was a teenager myself and by the way that girl was looking at you, I know what you are thinking. Absolutely no ‘strain’ that involves that girl got me?” I blushed at her instructions, but agreed to obey nevertheless. “Alright then Mr. and Mrs. Way, if you can just sign your son out, I’ll be done will be done with him in about 15 minutes and you may leave. You two, out as well please.”

This nurse seemed a little bitchy, but in a cool teenage way. She couldn’t be more then 26, but looked like she had somewhere better to be. I took the opportunity to ask her since we were alone now.

“Excuse me, but is something bothering you?”

“Hm? Oh, uh nothing that should bother you Doll.”

“Really, you can tell me. You look like you really don’t want to be here.” She looked at me defeated and sighed before answering me.

“I don’t want to be here. I’ve been here since 7am yesterday and I’m tired! Not to mention I’m missing a couple of college courses for this shit! I was meant to work here part time so I can pay for college, but some bitch called in and told my boss that I agreed to cover, which I didn’t! He’s making me stay anyways even though it is now 10pm! I probably won’t be out of here until tomorrow night, causing me to miss at least 2 more classes! I’m really sorry kid, but if you feel like I’m taking this out on you, I really don’t mean to.”

“Don’t worry; I hear worse bitching from my brother and his boyfriend. Not to mention my ex-girlfriend, oh dear lord did she bitch a lot, but I’m very much happy now with my new girlfriend. Uh, I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but am I almost done here, uh, sorry what is your name?”

“Nurse Jackii, Jackii Wheeler. Nice to meet you and yes you’re all done.” Wheeler? Where have I heard that before? I retire the thought to the back of my head and shake her hand before walking out to my family. Gerard and Frank had a wheelchair waiting for me so they could wheel me to the car, then obviously around when necessary. I rolled my eyes, but reluctantly sat down so they could take turns pushing me. It was only about an hour later when I was happily sat on my bed waiting for Anita to come around to see me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment because I know you secretly love me;) ILY!

xo
Anita:)