The Joke's on Me

Soggy cereal sucks.

I yawned deeply, shuffling to my fridge to find the milk I’d got my mum to put in their last night. Good old ma. Even though me and my boys are on a break from touring right now, I do forget to shop for food. That’s the beauty of still living in Pontypridd, even though I’m not with my parents any more – my mum is more than willing to baby me like the first born child I am.

Yes, I am a mama’s boy, but not as much as some people I know. Hah.

With another yawn I poured myself a bowl of cornflakes and sloshed the milk over them, dumping the milk carton on the side before sitting down on a stool. I’ll put that away later. People always tell me it’s a good thing I live on my own, and I’m starting to agree – I wouldn’t be able to stand someone else cleaning up after me all the time. I’ll do my own thing in my own way, thank you very much! Shovelling a spoonful of my favourite cereal into my mouth, I snorted to myself as a bit of milk dribbled down my chin. How charming. Maybe it is a good thing I live alone…

“I-AN! YOU UP YET, MATE?”

Mike? It’s before 10am, I’m surprised he’s awake! I nodded in response, then realised he couldn’t actually see me. My bad.

“YERHPFML!” I yelled back.

“WHAT?!”

I laughed and swallowed my mouthful, before getting off my stool and walking down the corridor to the front door, opening to sure enough see Mike. He looked me up and down, before laughing at the fact I was still shirtless and in pyjama pants.

“I didn’t wake you up, did I?” Mike asked walking past me.

“Hi Ian, Hi Mike, Can I come in? Of course you can!” I said playfully, shutting the door behind him, “And no, I’m eating breakfast,”

“That explains the muffled reply,” Mike mused, pouring himself a mug of coffee.

Sure, help yourself! Hah, I don’t mind really. After all, I’ve drunk more than my fair share of coffee at his.

“It’s not like you to be up before midday,” I commented, sitting back down to my breakfast.

“Very true. I wouldn’t be but I got a call from Columbia this morning. They’d tried calling you too but apparently your cell was off,” Mike chuckled.

My phone ran out of battery last night. I could’ve sworn I turned it back on after charging it. Shit.

“We’re going on tour in a few months time. With The Blackout,” Mike announced.

My mind immediately flicked to one thing. Sean Smith. Shit, that guy fun to tour with! We’ve known each other so long now, so I know this is going to be brilliant. Really fucking brilliant.

“Ian? Are you still in there?” Mike teased, breaking me out of my trance.

I snapped out of my thoughts, blushing lightly. I’ve never gone off into a daydream about Sean before. Huh. Weird.

“Yeah, sure am. The Blackout, huh? That’ll be fun,” I grinned.

“Fuck yes it will! Gav and Snoz know how to throw a party,” Mike agreed, taking a gulp of his coffee.

I laughed and nodded, recalling the last time we toured together. Those were fun times. Very fun times.

“Shit, I’ve just remembered mate – aren’t you meant to be recording a song with them soon?” Mike asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Uh…” I frowned, trying to remember. Then I gasped. Yeah, I am! “Yeah, I think it’s for their song It’s High Tide Baby

“You think?” Mike laughed.

“Yeah, yeah, shut up or I’ll kick you out,” I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

“Actually, I’ve got to go anyway. Stuart and Lee didn’t answer their phones either. You guys suck – at least Luke and I are reliable!” Mike teased.

“Says the guy who brought no underwear, no toothbrush and no deodorant on the last tour,” I shot back playfully.

“Ah fuck off. I’ll call you later, yeah?” Mike grinned, putting his empty coffee mug in the sink.

“Yeah, later,” I nodded, smiling.

As soon as Mike shut the door behind him, I headed to my bedroom to get my phone. Might as well text Sean, eh? I need to find out when I recording with them anyway. Usually I’m not as careless as this with my schedule, but now I’m on break I’m kind of whacked. Once I was back in front of my damn cereal again (which is a bit soggy now, I will admit), I flipped open my phone and sent a text to Sean. To be fair he’s probably still asleep. He’s not one to be awake before midday either.

Yo Sean! You heard about tour?

I spooned a mouthful of cornflakes into my mouth while I waited, grimacing at the disgusting taste. Shit, that’s nasty. Fuck you Mike for making me wait to eat! As I dumped the cereal in the bin and placed my bowl and spoon in the sink, I heard my phone buzz. Oh good.

I-AN! Yeah mate, Gav told me. We’ve only just fucking got off tour and they want us to go on another! Fucking madness!

I laughed to myself, shaking my head in amusement. Yeah, he’s only just woke up. Or been woken up by his mum or Gav. I’ll bet his mum.

Thanks! I love being in your company too! Jk =) While you’re conscious, any chance you know when I’m recording ‘It’s High Tide’ with you, do you?

I bit my lip, deciding just to wait for him to reply. Sean never takes long to text back. That’s one of the many awesome things about him, to be honest. Sure enough, only a minute later my phone buzzed again.

Nah man, not a clue. I’ll text, uh, someone and get back to you, yeah?

Well that’s fair enough. Knowing Sean, he probably forgot I was recording with them too.

Yeah, thanks. See you soon!

I’m not going to bother waiting for a reply this time. With one final yawn, I walked slowly towards my bathroom, intent on a shower. So a tour with The Blackout, eh? Something tells me this tour will be different. Something tells me this tour will be one to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, so this is Ian’s prologue!
Hey there, I’m Lauren, and as you can see I’m the other writer on this story.
Hopefully you’ll like my chapter as much as you loved Kristen’s ^_^
Oh Kristen? I changed the link colour =]
I know we’ve put in the recording of It’s High Tide Baby four years later than it actually is, but it works with the plotline, trust me. So please don’t tell us we’ve got it wrong, because I do know that lol.
But yeah, here’s Ian in all his smexiness! There’s plenty more where this came from, I promise ;)

This is a picture that I got from Ian’s twitter (yes, I follow him on twitter, don’t laugh), and it’s of him, Stuart and Luke on a video chat posted on Christmas Eve 2010. I had to put it here for you guys to see, not only because of how smokin’ Ian looks, but also because of how confused Stuart looks. Bless him.

Comments = love!

xo