The Dating Rules of a Record Label

Violence

I'm walking fast; not running. If I run I might get dizzier than I already am. My shoes scrape against the cement, making the sound of sandpaper.

And I'm not crying.

Not yet. Not now.

How could he? I defended him from the very beginning! I dismissed his flaws. I ignored the many absences. I forced myself to believe he was perfect. I truly cared for him despite what you may think.

But not anymore. The man whore embarrasses me in front of all my friends and gets in a lip lock with some chick that is probably underaged. He was always into younger girls.

I suck up my tears and pain even though it hurts.

"KAYA!" I hear Liam's footsteps pounding against the ground.

No. All I have to do is get to my hotel and I'll be safe.

The night air is salty and sticky. No one is around. It's just me, the stiff breeze, and HIM behind me.

"KAYA WAIT!" He's getting closer.

I don't want him near me. I break into a run. "Leave me alone!"

I run around a corner, thinking it would lead me directly to the hotel.

Oh lovely! An alleyway. Heh...shows how much I know the area.

"Kaya!" I hear Yumi.

"KAYA!" I hear Liam next.

"Leave me alone! Everyone leave me the fuck alone!" I scream. I don't want anyone near me.
And crap...I think I'm losing it.

A tear falls.

No no no! Don't cry! I hate crying.

I splash through puddles, trip over cans. But that didn't stop me. I needed to be alone. And when I want solitude, I mean take me away, stuff me a dark hole, and leave me there for awhile. No one can come near me. Not even Yumi.

I hate this...

...and I sound depressed which is worse.

"Kaya come back here!" Liam sounds like he's in a rage.

I'm three-quarters through the alleyway when I feel his tight boa constrictor grip on my waist.
"Hold on there!"

"No! Let me go!" I scream. I'm itching to be released. Another tear falls. Then another. And another. Until they're uncontrollable.

"YOU'RE OVER-REACTING!" He roars.

I continue to struggle, "OVER-REACTING?! YOU WERE MAKING OUT WITH ANOTHER GIRL!"

"LET ME EXPLAIN!"

"THERE'S NO NEED TO EXPLAIN!" I scratch at his arms, "YOU SAW HER ALL THE TIME IN SECRET HERE! THAT'S WHY YOU WERE NEVER AROUND!"

"KAYA-"

"NO!" I scream. I see Yumi catch up to us a little ways away, not sure what to do because she was freaked out by our outbursts, "YOU SLEPT WITH HER! THAT NIGHT OF THE BONFIRE! YOUR SHIRT...IT WAS INSIDE OUT! IS IT BECAUSE I WOULDN'T SLEEP WITH YOU? OR THAT I ALREADY LOST IT AND Y0U, LIAM, DIDN'T TAKE IT!?"

"I WAS NEVER AROUND??! YOU WERE NEVER AROUND DURING SCHOOL!"

"WELL I'M SORRY I DON'T HAVE A NORMAL LIFE! I THOUGHT YOU UNDERSTOOD THAT!" I stamp on his foot but to no avail, he doesn't flinch.

"Let me go!" I cry.

"I'M NOT FINISHED!" He yells. I thrash around in his arms. His cologne made me sick. I feel glass cut my feet.

"YOU WANNA FINISH THIS?! FINE! I TRIED TO MAKE 'US' WORK OUT! I TRIED TO FIX IT! THAT'S WHY I WANTED YOU TO COME HERE! TO BE WITH ME! NOT SOME LOCAL! I HATE YOU!"

Then unexpectedly, Liam grabs my arms and pushes me forcefully into the brick wall. I hit my head and see little lights pop around my eyes. I shake it off, not willing to give up.

"Liam let me go." I fidget around, "Please."

"No." He whispers. I don't like it.

"I'll scream rape." I said stubbornly.

Liam laughs and shakes his head. I have this urge to punch him. And I never get that feeling.
Oh really? You think I won't do it?

I'm about to scream when Liam quickly covers my mouth and bangs me into the wall again. I'm too pissed off to notice how much it hurt.

I hear Yumi in the background, whimpering (which she never does). Sometimes screaming for one of the guys to get here quicker. Sometimes screaming at Liam. I want her to help me get out of this situation but the only help Yumi gives is screaming "oh my god" a thousand times. Thanks Yumi.

"Let me go." I whisper.

"Just shut up," He replies quietly putting a hand over my mouth, "Okay?"

My breathing is hard. My heart rate is fast. Beads of sweat are forming on my forehead.
I look in the eyes of the guy I thought I loved. How could I be so stupid? So blind? I never loved him. He just seemed so perfect that I told myself to love him. To be happy.

But I was never in love. Never.

As I look back on my relationship with Liam, I realized I did everything I could to make him worth all my words of defending him.

I guess I became blind.

It wasn't until now that I realized so many disapproved of him. Yumi (duh)), my parents (they actually agree), my family and friends, my agent and agency, the public...and deep down, myself.

So as I look into the eyes of Liam, I loosen up a bit. Calm down.

Liam smiles. The smile I now officially hate. He takes his hand off my mouth and he doesn't look tense anymore.

I breathe in the salty hair and realize the pain in my foot made by the sharp glass. I mix that pain with my annoyance and rage.

Then...

I punch him as hard I could! A perfect punch Hulk Hogan would be proud of!

Then I run away as fast as I could as if my life depended on it, nursing my now bruised knuckles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!

I hope you enjoyed this part. It's actually one of my shortest so far.