Status: Active

Contorting, Distorting, I Am Undone

Morning Thoughts.

The next morning was somewhat entertaining. First of all, we were really looking forward to getting to our next show and getting the hell out of this bus; so everyone was pretty psyched. Secondly, Derek was driving, so I didn't have to face that asshole first thing when I wake up.

"Even though I wouldn't really mind waking up in his arms..." I said with a half smile.

"What?" Sonny, Travis and Seth all gave me weird looks. My eyes widened.

Shit. I wasn't supposed to say that out loud. I smacked my forehead.

"I just remembered something Sophie told me," I lied. They all nodded and went back to drinking coffee and talking. Sophie was my ex girlfriend. She was a terrible person; she hated my friends and tried to isolate me as much as possible. By the end of that relationship, I hated the person I had become and really, I think that was the point I knew I was done with women.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Sonny sneezing.

"Oh fuck me!" Seth groaned. "Sonny you sneezed right in my coffee!" His eyebrows knitted together as he got up to drain the drink. Sonny began laughing and wheezing between sneezes. Travis and I joined in before Sonny actually seemed to be choking.

"Uh... You okay buddy?" I asked, seeing him double over.

"Son... It's not that funny," Seth raised an eyebrow. Sonny stood up straight and his face was red. His laughter had died down but his sneezes continued.

"He's having a sneeze attack," I said, passing him the tissue box. "Hold your breath, drink some water," I told him. He opened up a bottle of water and drank half of it, hiccupping and then holding his breath. His eyes were bloodshot and teary. "Go lie down, close your eyes." He nodded and slipped into his bunk.

"That was weird," Travis commented. Seth snorted.

"You going to drink yours then?" he asked me. I smiled and shook my head, handing him my mug. I stood up and left the two to go to the front of the bus.

"Hey," I said, slinking into the passenger seat. He gave me a nod, keeping his eye on the road. I started to play with the seat belt since neither of us talked. This is how it was, everyone else is too near, everything is audible. Hence we stay in silence to avoid any mishaps.

"So..." I sighed. "Are we there yet?"

"No."

"... How about now?"

"Nope." I paused for a minute.

"What about now?"

"No," he said, slightly shaking his head. I could tell he was clenching his jaw.

"How about–"

"We won't get there for another five hours or so," he cut in, his voice raising. I chuckled.

"Oh Der Bear, calm down." He gasped quietly and gave me an irritated glance.

"Don't ever call me that!" He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Why not Der B–"

"Matt!" he hissed. "I said don't! What if they heard you calling me that ridiculous name? They'd chew my ass about it forever, so cut it out!" Both his hands gripped the steering wheel. I gave him a lopsided smile.

"Okay, okay," I said getting up. I leant down and whispered in his ear, "but I know you love it." He stayed silent and I stood up, walking back to the bunks, making sure to sway my hips a little more than usual. Why?

Because I knew he was staring at my ass in the rearview mirror.