Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

The Morning After

When I woke up the next morning, my head was resting on Patrick's bare chest. Ok, ok is sounds mighty corny but... awww I'm so happy it wasn't just a dream! I mean... not that I had been thinking/dreaming of Patrick in a romantic kind way before. Ok, maybe a bit but really just a tiny bit. I just feel good when I'm around him, he makes me feel right, he makes me feel home.

Oh! And none of us have clothes on apparently... damn. Oh well, I don't regret, I though as I felt Patrick move.

I opened my eyes only to see him slowly opening his. Aww little after party tired face!

Good morning sunshine." He said passing his fingers through my hair.

"'Morning," I smiled.

"You look beautiful."

"hahaha, oh Patrick I think you might have a bit of alcohol left in your blood." Queen of sarcam, right here!

"No silly, I'm sober, remember I drove here?"

"I know, I know, sorry, I shouldn't try to be funny when I wake up, thanks though if it's really what you think."

"It is." he said starring at my eyes. Wow, he can have such an intense look when he wants to.Hot.

"Patrick?"

"Yes?"

"I have an issue here..."

"What is it?" His face was a bit troubled.

"I can't decide whether we should got get breakfast or discuss the status of our relationship, like... now."

"How about talking while having breakfast?" He said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead. Melt.

We got up. I so looked when Patrick got out of the covers, because hey it was dark last night. I must say that for a chubby boy he's not bad, not bad at all! Yay!

I picked up a t shirt from a pile of clothes that was just laying on a chair.

"I love that."

"The new fashion?"

"Yeah kinda, just seing you wear my stuff. It's cute."

"Thanks!" I said as I skipped over to him and kissed him on the cheek. I took his hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

I decided to make pancakes off the top of my head without a recipe, that was a first. While I was mixing all the ingredients, Patrick hugged me from behind, I turned around and kissed him on the lips and then went back to mixing as if nothing happened.

"I better concentrate if I don't want both of us to have food poisoning from weird ass pancakes."

When we finally sat down to eat, it was time to talk.

"Soooo," I said "First off, I think you need to clarify the whole Chicago ex story."

"Right, I guess I should have mentionned her before... but she cheated on me, she hurt me and wanted me back but I've made my descision and I don't want to be with her."

"Ohh alright..."

"So Kayleigh, hmmm will you be my girlfriend?"

I blushed so bad, all morning I had been waiting for this. "Of course I'll be!" I said as I leaned over the table to kiss him.

"I'm so happy I don't work today! Can I spend my day off with you, lover boy?"

He giggled, "I'd love if you did."

We were getting out of table and putting the dishes in the dishwasher when Patrick's phone rang.

"I bet you 10$ it's Pete," I said with a grin.

"I'm not betting, it's him for sure, Hello? Oh hey Pete... yeah she's here... no you can't talk to her... it's none of your business.... yes, yes I appreciate your concerns about my sex life... no not today... ok well see you later."

"I'm not even gonna ask" I laughed.

Patrick had some stuff to do for his job, some emails and he had to call someone, so I went to take a shower while he did that.

I borrowed a plain white t shirt from him, it was too big but oh well, at least it was clean. I had to wear the same pants though. I tried to fix my face as best as I could with eyeliner and concealer. I tied my hair back and tried brushing my teeth with my finger since I didn't have a toothbrush. Who wants a girlfriend with a stinky morning breath? Not Patrick, I'm sure.

When I got out Patrick ran up to me. "Kayleigh! I just thought of something!"

"Okay Patrick, about what?"

"About your future!" He was so enthusiastic, what was going through his mind?

"haha nice try Patrick no were not getting married, too early!"

"No, silly! I think I have found something and if it works you won't have to work in retail all your life! Come with me I'll show you!" He pulled on my arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
this story is written up until chapter 14 already, more will be posted soon enough :)