Summer Time

9.

“I can see why he is cute, well why don't you ask him out?” Vicky said as they crossed a road.

“I can't do that that would just fuck everything up.” Alex sighed as they opened the shop door and walked in.

“What's the worst that could happen?” Vicky smiled.

“Well, he could say yes, use me, beat me, and emotionally destroy me until I am forever fucked in the head.” Alex giggled.

“I forgot, you take everything to the extreme. That is very unlikely, the worst that could happen is that he says no and you move on.” Vicky said as she picked up the drinks and walked over to the till.

“Yeah say no and never talk to me, plus he's only here for 2 months nothing could ever happen.”

“You're so negative. Listen to me; I have a lot of confidence that's how I manage to get most of the guys I like. All you gotta do is be yourself and what's meant to happen will happen. You two would be cute together, so please ask him out, for me?” Vicky paid for thee drinks and they walked out the shop.

“I don't know, if there is a right moment I might.” Alex awkwardly smiled as they walked back.

“There's my Alex,” Vicky grinned as they joined everyone else and gave them their drinks.

They sat on the sandy bit of the beach in a little circle drinking their drinks. Jack was practically freezing half to death since he still isn't used to the sudden change in temperature. No one really knew what to do; they were having small conversations among their selves. Alex was sitting crossed legged next to Jack and playing with the grains of sand between his finger tips.

“Are you cold?” Alex asked looking Jack at.

“Yeah a little bit,” Jack said.

“Have my hoodie then,” Alex started to pull off his hoodie but Jack stopped him.

“No it's fine because then you'll be cold.” Jack smiled politely.

“Then at least let me go get you a blanket?” Alex smiled showing a little bit of teeth.

“I'd look like a dick Alex,” Jack chuckled.

“Nah I'd get one for me as well, c'mon.” Alex pulled Jack to his feet as they told everyone they were getting a blanket and would be back soon. Vicky then winked at Alex and Alex awkwardly walked on with Jack.

“So what are your plans for tonight?” Alex asked as they walked along the road.

“I think I'm going out with my auntie for dinner later on, what about you?” Jack asked.

“Sounds like fun, not a lot really.” Alex smiled as they walked into his house grabbed a few small blankets and walked out the house. “We look so cool I don't think I can handle it.” Alex sarcastically giggled.

“Oh god same,” Jack smiled as they made their way back to the group.

When they returned they shared a blanket between two, they didn't mind they were now warm. This was a rare thing when you’re outside in Scotland. They sat together and continued their conversations and story telling.

“So how did your mum find out about you and Gabe?” Sean asked William.

“When she walked in on us having sex. True story.” William blushed as everyone laughed.

“My god that must of have been awkward,” Jack grinned whilst Alex couldn't help but steal a little look at him and smile. Though he didn't realise it wasn't that subtle because Vicky leaned into him and whispered.

“I saw that,” Alex looked at Vicky and blushed a little bit.

They sat on the beach and basically did nothing, Sean had a slight hangover so he was pretty quiet, William and Gabe were all over each other as usual. Alex was looking at Jack without even realising it and Vicky was smiling at how cute it was.

“Hey Jack; come with me to buy some food.” Vicky said as she stood up.

“Okay,” Jack smiled as he stood up and followed Vicky out the beach. “What's up?” He asked as they walked up to the pavement.

“Nothing, I just enjoy your company. So how do you like it here?” Vicky asked as he brushed her fringe out her face.

“I really do love it, Scotland is so different to America it's so pretty. But fucking freezing,” Jack chuckled.

“Yeah you get used to the cold after living here for a while. So how do you like Alex?” She asked looking over at Jack who was looking at the water.

“He's really nice, I half expected him to be a dick but he really isn't.”

“Yeah he is lovely,” Vicky smiled as they crossed the road. “So are you seeing anyone at the moment?”

“You're full of questions, but no I'm not. No one decent in America, why do you ask?” Jack asked.

“Just a question, getting to know you and all that since I'm probably be going to see you quite a bit during the next two months.” Vicky smiled as they opened the shop door and walked inside. “What do you want?”

“I see. I'm in the mood for some chips right now,” Jack said as he looked around the shop.

“They don't sell chips here, sorry.” Vicky apologised.

“Yeah they do,” Jack picked up a packet of crisps.

“Oh sorry, I forget we say some words differently.” Vicky giggled.

“How what do you say?” Jack asked as Vicky picked up a packet and they walked over to the till.

“It's crisps over here, chips is fries I think.” Jack nodded his head as they paid for their food and walked back out the shop and back onto the beach where they sat with everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've started writing this more.
So hopefully more updates soon.
Tell me what you think, please?

Zoe xx