Sequel: Panda Boy
Status: It may be over, but I still want to hear you guys' comments!

Operation Beautiful

you have to be there

“Hey, Corey,” Jessica says as she passes my locker in the morning.

“Hey, Jessica, hey, Emm--” I stop and look at her. “Where’s Emmaleigh?” Jessica just shrugs.

“I don’t know.” And she walks away. O-kay, then. I go in search of Haley’s locker. Maybe she’s seen Emmaleigh.

“What’s up?” Haley asks, taking a book out of her locker.

“Have you seen Emmaleigh?”

Haley turns around, a smile on her lips. “Aww, is someone missing their girlfriend?”

“Hey! She’s not my-- when did you start teasing people?”

“What are you, my therapist?” The smile falters slightly as she slams the door shut. She shakes her head slightly and the smile returns. “Maybe I started after I got these pictures of Trevor printed.” She takes an envelope out from inside her backpack and hands it to me.

“Oh my God!” I snort in laughter. It’s Trevor making a complete fool of himself on the merry-go-round. “Oh my God, it’s hysterical!” We both keep laughing until the bell rings.

“Okay, I should get to class. If I see your girlfriend I’ll let you know.”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” I call out after Haley.

“Who isn’t?” comes Emmaleigh’s quiet voice from behind me.

“Oh..ah...uh...how come you weren’t with Jessica earlier? Usually you guys are joined at the hip.”

“Um...I asked first?” she asks hopefully. I laugh.

“Okay, fine. You know, I’m not going to kill you if you look me in the face.”

“Yeah, but you’re so--” she cuts herself off. “Um, I heard you have a soccer match next week.”

“Yup.” We start walking to class. “Are you coming?”

She just shrugs. “Oh, come on! You have to be there,” I almost beg. I really want her to watch me kick ass. I know this feeling. I’ve been trying to avoid it when it comes to Emmaleigh, but it looks like there’s no stopping it.

“Why would you want me to be there?” she asks, confused.

“Support,” I say, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. “Besides, Matt will be there.” I nearly choke on the words, but I say them anyway. More for my benefit than for hers.

She frowns slightly. “Oh.”

“And Haley will be there, rooting for Trevor. You and Haley and Jessica could hang out!”

She stops by one of the doors. “I don’t know. I might be busy.”

“Oh, please! Too busy to come watch me play football?”

She giggles. “It’s soccer.”

“Whatever. Just come, okay?”

She smiles. “You really want me to come?”

Ah. Uh... I just ruffle my hair a little. “Why not? Haley would like it, I think.” This is probably true. But Clarice will be there too, so it wouldn’t really matter if Emmaleigh shows or not.

She smiles. “Okay. I’ll be there. Is your class nearby? Because you’re late.”

“Oh, yeah,” I Iie, reassuring her with a wave of my hand. “See you later!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Very very short. BUT! It's sweet. And you know Haley's little incident at the mall? I made a version in Haley's perspective. It's twice as long as this chapter, so hopefully that makes up for this chapter's shortness :) Go comment on that, too.

Comment Awards

Do remember to collect your prizes! They can either be: a story layout, a story banner, or an avatar. I was listening to David Guetta the other day and I ended up making an avatar saying "worldclass thinks I'm a SEXY B**CH" Does anyone want that one?

Favorite Guy on Mibba EVAH!: fmonkey9
-Yeah...it sounds like a lame award. Just pretend I look like Megan Fox or something. I think that gives you bragging rights...
-Anywayzzz, Ryan is my fave guy on Mibba EVER because, well, he's reading my story!!!! And he's commented on it! MULTIPLE TIMES! And then he went and read the prequel (and read like 41 chapters in a day--hitting his computer with a pillow in the process) and THEN he went and gave me constructive criticism!! I'm sorry, is that not enough to make someone the coolest guy on Mibba ever? I believe it does. And my opinion counts. So, HAH!

Story Vetran Part II: I can't sit here and make urls for all of you, so I'm just going to list all of you AMAZING people who read my last story while it was going on, commented on it, and then continued to comment on this one. A lot of you guys commented multiple times on both stories and I love you guys SO MUCH for it! Really.
-reader11224, Ballerina Girl, PenguinATTACK, Silent Symphony, hello.shenanigan, vegasskies(Who's avatar fascinates me...), Fallen.Starx, snow482(who's been quiet lately T.T), Peace Out Dude123, CCisamazing12345, Bodybag_Brooke, Artemis33, Judgements.Reject, the milkman, Invader Zim25

Best Indian Homie: Piranha Priya
-DUDE! I didn't know there were other Desi people on Mibba! *squeals with excitement* You definitely get an award for that. That, and commenting a bunch of times while reading.
-And she read the prequel! I believe she finished it in a day....maybe (0.o)
-People, Priya here has called Corey for herself. Anyone want to challenge that? lol.

More awards coming up!

Remember to tell me which prize you'd like! And go read that chapter in Haley's perspective!