Young love story

The Date

“kate you will never guess what he asked me yesterday” I practically screamed at kate. Probably really loud because sam, who was leaning in her desk in spanish, covered his ears and said. “sheesh Jamie, I know your exited but don’t scream” he yelled back at me. I just threw him an insulting glace. “see you later” he kissed kate on the cheek while she blushed and he headed for math. “bye” she called out to him and blew him a kiss. “okay” I muttered “what” she said finally. “ he asked you on a date didn`t he?” I could only smile the biggest smile I had ever thought possible. “that’s great, really. But you shouldn`t get to exited on the date `cause he can be into you but, like I said before, they like difficult girls” she said. “don’t get me wrong you act really good when you`re around him. I bet he doesn’t suspect a thing.” She added after seeing my pout. I just nodded and went to get my seat because Mrs. Gomez had just walked in. She is our Spanish teacher, and although no one can understand her English, she is the best teacher we have.
At the middle of the class, kate hissed at me and threw me a note. You didn`t get mad at me did you? It said. Of course not. Why would I ? you`re my best friend and you know better about it than I do and I know you were just giving me an advice.:) I sent it back and she threw me a face of relief. As class went by I couldn`t think about it because I was thinking of jake and our date. What would I wear? How will I do my hair? All those questions passed my mind, but Mrs. Gomez`s question didn`t. “Jamie?” she asked again breaking my reverie. “yes?”I asked. “como se dice `the rock fell of the mountain`?” she repeated. “umm, `la roca se cayo de la montaña`?” I answered. “very good” she said. “ now carl…” and she asked a question I didn`t hear. Wow that was close. She may be the best teacher, but when we don’t pay attention, well lets just say she turns into the worst teacher you could ever have in a nightmare.
Finally it was Friday and I couldn`t wait to get home to get ready and finally go on the date with Jake. “When can I pick you up?” he asked on the way back from school. Kate was also there, like always, and she just looked at me with a huge smile on her face. “I don`t know, I guess at 7:00 or 7:30” I realized that I didn`t know anything about this. I`ll ask kate for help, I thought. “great.” He smiled. “where are you two going?” kate pretended not to know anything about it. She did know much more about it than I ever would. I will most definitely ask for her help, later. “to the movies and then dinner” he said before I could say only the movies like he had said to me ovet the phone four days ago. “I thought only the movies.” I blurted out. “well yeah, that’s what I thought at the beginning but I thought that we could go to get some dinner too.” He explained. “only if you want to, of course” “yeah, of course I want to. Whats better than dinner?” I joked. Jake just laughed. Kate just smiled. “where are you taking me?” I asked full of curiosity. “ surprise” he said. I just smiled with kate, again.
Ding dong the bell rang. I was almost ready. Just my lip gloss and… done. I went down and opened the door. He was there waiting patiently with flowers and a box of chocolate. “very romantic” I joked. “thank you.” He bowed and I laughed. “hope you like them” he pointed to the red flowers. “ I love them.” I said. “ they`re beautiful.” I added. He smiled and gave them and the chocolates to me. I put the chocolates in the table and gave my mom the flowers so that she could put them in a vase. Then we were gone.
The movies were packed. Of course like any other Friday, “the populars” were there. When they saw us, they started walking toward us, because of Jake, obviously. “hey guys” Adrienne said. She was the like leader of the group. The other two were just airheads who thought they were beautiful and always followed Adrienne around. Adrienne was actually really beautiful not like the others. She had light brown wavy hair, a great tan, good height, skinny and honey colored eyes. I don’t know how Jake couldn`t be into her. I mean, if he was probably into me, then how couldn’t he be into her? “hey Adrienne” Jake said. “what are you guys doing here” she looked at me. “ on a date” Jake responded casually. “oh” was the only word that came out of her mouth. The other two airhead, whose names I could never remember, gasped. “ you two on a date?” the brunette airhead asked. “are you two going out?” she asked again in shock. I noticed the way she drooled over Jake when she talked to him. “ how could we? We`ve only know each other for a week.” He said icily. I could see he liked them as much as I did. “oh” was all the three of them could say, again. I saw that they kind of realized what I did. But that made Adrienne even more flirty and attracted to him. “ what are you guys going to watch?”she broke the silence. “I don`t know. Whatever Jamie wants” this time even I opened my mouth in shock. “uh. I-I don`t k-know. W-what-tever” I stuttered. “the populars” laughed and Adrienne took Jake`s hand and said “do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?” “no I don’t mind” he responded and they went a little farther from the rest of us. “… over me?” I overheard Adrienne say. I already new what she was telling him. He just nodded and waited for Adrienne to say something else. When he saw that the conversation was over he turned and started to walk away. Adrienne just closed her mouth and came over with the two airheads standing in front of me. “let`s go” she said to them and started to walk away.
“what was all that about?” I asked him as we entered to see our movie. We decided to see a comedy about two very dumb teen-agers. “umm, just a complication” he smiled “let`s just enjoy our movie. “sure. Whatever” the movie was really boring but I just wanted to be with him so it did`nt matter. “after the movie, want to grab something to eat?” he asked. “yeah, what do you have in mind?” I asked trying to make a conversation. I hadn’t payed any attention to the movie so I did`nt know what it was about. “ whatever you like” “I don`t know… how about the food court?” I suggested. “not in the mood for romantic restaurants are you?” I could see he tried to make a conversation too. “i-i-I don’t know” I stuttered “did you” “ I told you. Whatever you want” “ok then” I said “I want a surprise. I want you to take me to your favorite place” he looked… surprised. “ok” and the rest of the movie was silent.
“this is my favorite place” he announced as we pulled up in front ofan Italian restaurant. “this is your favorite place?” I asked. “yeah you don’t like it?” he blushed. “don’t like it? How could I not? Of course I love this place. Its always been my favorite place.” he just smiled. “ what do you want?” he asked when we were seated. “thefetuccini alfredo, please” I answered I think too quickly. “obsessed with alfredo huh?” “what do you mean?” I asked. “you eat pasta with alfredo sauce everyday at school, am I right?” “yeah, guess I cant get enough alfredo” we both laughed. “ what is your favorite plate then?” I asked as he looked in the menu. “I think ill go with the fetuccini too. I always try something different and i`ve never tried this” he said putting it down. “you will love it” we smiled.
“ well I guess ill see you on Monday” I said as he dropped me off in front of my house. “yeah bye” and he kissed me on the cheek. “bye” I whispered when he started walking away. I got in my house and when I closed the door, I leaned in my door. I thought that only happened in movies but it was the kind of thing you do after he kisses you, at least on the cheek, I think. “mom I’m home!” I yelled. “she’s not here” zoey, my older sister said. “how was your date?” she asked “great” I said and went to my room. I grabbed my phone and dialed kates number really fast. I closed my curtains so he wouldn`t see all the excitement when I told kate everything. “hello?” she asked “hey its me” I said. “how did it go?” she was suddenly all happy. “great!! You should`ve been there. It was awsome.” I gushed. “tell me everything” she said. “okay. When we got there Adrienne and her little posse came over to us and Adrienne took Jake and started telling him all kinds of stuff like how could he choose me over her and that kind of stuff. Then he nodded and you should`ve seen the look on Adrienne`s face. She looked so shocked.” “NO WAY!” kate screamed. “I swear. Then we went to watch a movie and practically talked all of it because it was really boring. After it he took me to an italian restaurant and after we finished eating we couldn`t get up. I mean we just talked so much. Finally he brought me home and in my doorstep he kissed me on the cheek!!!!!” “what!!?”kate yelled again. “he totally likes you Jamie. How could you not see that?” “well I see it now. And, well, I like him a lot too” I flushed. “yeah, I can see that” and we talked boys for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!!