‹ Prequel: The Square Root

Endlessly

Mirrors

“Happy Birthday!” I squealed, jumping on Ryan’s bed. It’s been a few weeks since our parents found out and it was Ryan’s 21st birthday.

“Baby, stop,” he mumbled putting both his hands on my hips, since I was straddling him. I leaned over and kissed his nose.

“Get up, I have a present for you,” I chuckled, pecking his lips softly before rolling out of bed. I tried at least, but Ryan didn’t let go of me and pulled me next to him, hugging me by the waist. “Ry,” I whined.

“Just let me stay like this for awhile,” he mumbled through my hair.

“Fine,” I huffed and turned around to hug him back, tucking my head under his chin and burying my face in his chest. “You smell good,” I mumbled after awhile. I felt him smile and a soft vibration went through his chest, indicating his soft chuckle.

“You do too,” he mumbled tiredly.

“Please,” I chuckled.

There were a few moments of silence. “I feel like today’s gonna be great,” he said.

“Oh? How so?” I asked.

“I don’t know. It’s always like that when I wake up seeing your face,” he said. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. “Really!” he defended.

“Uhuh. I believe you,” I chuckled, burying my face in his chest again.

“I should buy you one of those giant teddy bears.”

“Why?” I chuckled.

“It seems like you’re cuddling deprived.”

“As if you’re not,” I scoffed. He scoffed back as if saying yeah right. “Let’s not forget who pulled me to this position,” I pointed out. I heard him chuckle and felt him hug me tighter.

“Hey lovebirds! Get out of here before this cake gets eaten!” I heard Luke form outside.

“You made me a red velvet?” Ryan asked excitedly.

“Yes, and it’s all yours. I made the others a separate batch,” I smirked. He hooted and jumped out of bed. I whined. “I wanted to cuddle some more!” I frowned, looking at him. He jumped on top of me and kissed me, making me smile. “Okay, I guess I can get up now,” I grinned. He chuckled and pulled me out of bed. I then made my way downstairs, giving Ryan time to change and do his thing.

“You guys took awhile up there,” Jack winked. Kyle smacked the back of his head making him pout.

“Brothers in the room,” Kyle pointed out, looking over at Tristan and Nathan with their girlfriends. They looked at me suspiciously and I just rolled my eyes at them, ensuring that there was nothing going on that they didn’t approve of. We were engaged already, so it would be an overreaction they would even give me shit about kissing and cuddling.

“Morning guys,” Ryan mumbled walking into the kitchen, quickly making his way towards me and immediately putting his arms around me from behind, getting a chorus of ‘awwws’ and ‘cute’s. “So, what’s your present?” he asked me.

I beamed. “You have to wait, babe. You need to eat breakfast and then maybe I’ll give you your present,” I chuckled. He groaned and everyone went to do whatever they were to do for the day.

“Are we going snowboarding?” he asked me.

I bit my lip. “Did you want to?” I asked worriedly.

“I was just wondering,” he shrugged.

We ate breakfast and chatted for awhile, then took a walk at the maze, talking about nothing in particular and just going with the flow. “Hey, my present,” he said suddenly.

I sighed. “Damn it,” I chuckled nervously. “I.. okay,” I sighed and made our way back to the mansion.

It was quiet, and I was about to say something, but Ryan beat me to it. “You’re killing me here,” he groaned. “Is it bad?” he asked. I raised an eyebrow at him. “Are you like, giving the ring back to me, or something?” he asked with wide eyes.

“What?! No! Why would you think that?!” I asked wide eyed.

“Nothing, you’re just killing me with suspense here,” he mumbled, but it didn’t hide the sound of relief in his voice.

“Anyway, presents,” I smiled.

“You said just one!” he whined.

I rolled my eyes. “When did I ever give you just one?” I scoffed.

“Touché,” he mumbled.

I walked over to the bench, all of the presents lined up. I took the big box first and handed it to Ryan, who gave me a funny look. I urged him to open it, and he raised an eyebrow, but taking off the lid. “Chips?” he asked, confused. I giggled, making my eyes go wide at how much I sounded like a girl. Ryan started cracking up. “Did you just giggle?!” he asked.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Dig in there,” I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and kept digging, and I saw his eyes light up, signaling he found gift number one.

“You did not,” he glared. I chuckled some more when he pulled out the gift.

“What car did you get me?” he glared. He looked at the looked down at it, and his mouth fell open. “Oh fuck, don’t tell me it’s the Subaru WRX Sti,” he glared at me again.

“Guilty,” I smiled.

“Haze-,” I cut him off, because I knew he wouldn’t accept it.

“We’ll argue later. There’s one more,” I smiled as he put the key in his other hand and started digging again.

“A letter?” he asked. I shook my head and took the massive box from him as he opened the envelope. “Disneyland?” he chuckled.

I grinned at him, and he shook his head at me. “Hey, Disneyland is always a part of your birthday. Remember, it was your 19th birthday, and then now it's your 21st!”

“Of course,” he grinned at me and gave me a hug.

“Here’s my next gift,” I smiled at him as I took the smaller box.

“I’m getting scared,” he told me honestly.

“Why?”

“Because when you give gifts, they get pricier and pricier,” he frowned. I frowned and handed it to him. He looked at me and slowly opened it. His eyes started to shine. “What’s this?” he asked.

I bit my lip. “It’s uhh… our wedding rings,” I grinned at him. He looked up at me with the same goofy look.

“Somebody’s excited,” he teased nudging me with his shoulder. I must’ve looked like a tomato by now. “Just kidding,” he smiled.

“Do you like it? I mean, I just wanted to surprise you, if you don’t then-,” he cut me off with his lips, making me smile right away.

“You should stop worrying, you need to get it through your head that everything you do and everything about you is perfect, and I wouldn’t want to change a thing,” he mumbled onto my lips and kissed me softly again.

“Hey you two! Get a room!” Jack called out behind him, as I saw him walk towards his Audi.

“They don’t need to be in a room!” Tristan called back out to him, though his location is unknown. “They need to be out in public, out in the open for my eyes to see!” he shouted, knowing we could hear him. Ryan and I chuckled. Oh my brother.

~/~/~/~/~


“Paris, here we come!” I grinned at Ryan.

“You seem excited,” he teased.

“It’s our three year anniversary! Of course!” I hooted, not bothering to be embarrassed about my excitement.

“Oh, you’re so adorable,” he grinned as he pulled me towards the private jet.

It has been a few weeks since I gave him his first three presents, now I was going to give him his fourth. The hotel room that we usually stayed at, I bought. Well, more like, I bought a part of the company so we can get that room anytime we want, and we can treat it as our own house. I guess I didn’t have to do it, but it meant something to the both of us.

“I don’t know why you insisted on taking your jet,” Ryan mumbled from beside me.

“Just because,” I chuckled as I snuggled closer to him so I could fall asleep since it would be a long flight.

~/~/~/~/~


After dinner, Ryan and I decided to just stand out in the balcony, admiring the beautiful Paris lights.

“Are you ready?” he asked me

“For what?” I mumbled. His arms were wrapped around me form behind, and I was leaning back on him.

“This whole thing, a life with me, everything,” he sighed. I looked up at him, and he had his eyes straight.

“Of course,” I said without hesitation. He looked down at me with a grin.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” he asked.

“I know,” I grinned as I looked back out at the scenery. He hugged me tighter.

“What if the media finds out, and messes up your life?” he asked.

“As long as you’re mine, I don’t mind,” I said as sure as I’d ever be.

“You’ll be the death of me,” he groaned.

“And you’ll be mine,” I smiled as I turned around to hug him.

“I love you, you know?” he asked.

“I know, I love you too,” I mumbled against his chest.

“How much do you love me?” he asked suddenly.

I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. “Why, what’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he said lamely. “I’m just-,” he sighed. “I don’t get why you do,” he said.

“I don’t either, all I know is that I love you for you and who you are and it’s not gonna change. Not now, not ever, and I can assure that,” I said to him, holding eye contact. “And as for the question of how much, then I’d say I love you enough for me to want to spend the rest of my life with you, and for me to not know how I’d live without you, and to know that I’d love you even if you started to have a beer belly,” I grinned playfully at him.

“Do you mean that?” he asked.

“I do, in fact, you’re already starting to have a beer belly,” I teased. He gasped and threw me over his shoulder and marched us back into the room, throwing me onto the bed and started ticking me, making me squeal and try pushing him away, but of course he’s stronger.

“Did you just call me fat?” he asked, still tickling me.

“Yes!” I laughed hysterically. “I mean, no! I love you! Stop tickling me!” I rolled around the bed, but Ryan sat on me, keeping me still. “You’re hot and I’m not!” I shouted, which seemed to be the magic words. I started catching my breath, and smiled at him.

“You’re amazing,” he groaned and attacked my lips. I chuckled and immediately started kissing him back. He broke it off and hugged me close, cuddling with me.

There was a comfortable silence as he stroked my hair softly, and as I drew soft shapes on his abdominal muscles. I take back what I said, I could still feel his eight-pack.

“How much do you love me?” I asked out of nowhere.

Ryan seemed to be startled by my question. “What?”

“I asked how much do you love me, I answered you, and now I’m asking you,” I mumbled.

“I don’t really know how to explain it,” he said. “I just love you so much, that it’s indescribable, and even I can’t even understand how much. I didn’t even know that it’s possible for me to love somebody as much as I love you,” he said to me.

“Oh…,” I said, smiling gently as I snuggled myself closer to him.

“Haze?” he asked. I looked up at him, and he immediately started kissing me. It wasn’t like our first kiss, which had nervousness in it, it wasn’t like the others that showed our love for each other, it wasn’t just soft and tender, it wasn’t a simple but sweet kiss. It was indescribable. It was amazing.

“If only I could show you, I would,” he mumbled as he rolled me back, so he was hovering over me, and his kisses got rougher, but at the same time, better. It was, passionate. He pulled away form my lips, making me whimper, and he attacked my neck, softly kissing it and nipping at it, making me groan in ecstasy.

“Ryan,” I groaned.

He whimpered as he smashed his lips to mine once again, and I just continued kissing him. “I think we’re going to have to put a date on that wedding,” he mumbled.

“Oh?” I mumbled back.

“Yeah, because I don’t know how much longer I can keep my hands off you,” he said.

I sighed, and smiled at the same time. “I agree,” I chuckled as we continued our hot make-out session.

Let’s say that Ryan took a shower first, and when it was my turn, the mirrors weren’t fogged up. At all.