I Can't Stay Away

Ex-Girlfriend

Sleep seemed like a good idea all the time lately. Eric and I had to keep things under wraps so we could only hang out when everyone would hang out or when some of the guys were at the studio and didn’t need him and I would pick him up to finally get a day to ourselves. I felt like I never slept because of Breathe’s hectic schedules, but Eric would visit me at work sometimes, which I gave them my three weeks’ notice since I had to leave for tour.
After a couple weeks Breathe went back home to visit their girlfriends and families back in Colorado. Eric stayed behind with me and told the BC boys that he was visiting with his mom. The excuse was legitimate; his mom did live in California. He stayed in Bree and I’s apartment with me so that we could have us time before we went on tour and had to pretend we had nothing.

Eric and I drove my car all the way to Colorado to get tour started since we all had to get on the bus in Colorado to get to where we needed to go. We stopped at Eric’s house on the way to Kyle’s where the bus was. Eric had to pack some extra stuff than what he just had in California. I walk with Eric into his house he said he shared with an old high school friend. The house was a mess and there were beer bottles everywhere and I definitely wasn’t a fan of messiness which was a good reason to have me on tour. “Bobby isn’t such a tidy person” Eric said as he walked into one of the rooms and I then heard a girl scream “Sorry, Sorry!” Eric yelled as he walked back out.

“Can you remind me to burn my bed when I get back? Bobby decided he can do whatever he wants in my room.” His face looked disgusted we waited awhile until a short unnatural blonde walked out of the room hair and clothing disheveled. She silently walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table as Eric walked into his room.

I could hear Eric arguing with Bobby I didn’t quite know what to do now so I sat down on the couch and hoped it was clean “So who are you?” the girl said with a raspy voice as she ate some fruit loops by themselves.

“I’m Kennedy, Eric’s girlfriend, and you are?” I tried staying as nice as possible.

Tabatha, Bobby’s girl.” She paused looking me over, “So Eric found himself a new girl eh? It’s surprising I thought he’d never get over Hayley.” I thought the conversation had become awkward did she really have to bring up Eric’s ex? I think not.

“Yea I don’t know he doesn’t talk about Hayley much so….” Was all I could really respond with.

“I mean he was crushed when he thought Hayley was over him, which she never really was I mean she still comes here all the time hoping she can win him back.” She paused and I felt so out of place as Eric walked out of his room with a bag of clothes and a few personal items. “ She’s here right now, in Todd’s room, that’s the reason we were in Eric’s room she didn’t want to stay in his room she said it would be awkward.” Awkward was right. I wasn’t sure what to do anymore.

“Are you serious Hayley is here? Fuck can today get any weirder?” he walked over to Tabatha “And Tabatha stop talking to Kennedy she doesn’t need to know about your biased opinions on MY life.” She seemed taken aback as Eric walked back into his room and started yelling at Bobby. Tabatha and I awkwardly stared at each other until we heard a door open, it wasn’t Eric’s room, no it was Todd’s. I looked over and saw a beautiful brunette walk out in a baggy t-shirt and some victorious secret ‘love’ panties which she happened to look amazing in.

“What’s all the yelling about?” she said as she walked to a cabinet in the kitchen and grabbed a container I could see held weed and rolled a joint on the counter.

“Eric’s home and he’s mad about something, what else is new” she explained “Oh Kennedy this is Hayley, Eric’s Ex and my best friend,” I awkwardly said a quiet hello as I realized how biased Tabatha really was. “Oh and Hayley this is Kennedy, Eric’s-”

“Merchgirl! I’m Breathe’s merch girl that is all.” I interrupted as Tabatha gave me a strange look and I hoped she wouldn’t tell Hayley the truth, at least not while I was there the last thing I needed was drama.

“Well what the fuck are you doing here?” Hayley said as she handed Tabatha the joint.

“Uh, well he needed help packing, the bus leaves today.” I wasn’t necessarily lying. Eric came out of the room and stood there staring at Hayley.

“Awkward” Tabatha said as Hayley swiftly moved over to Eric

“Hey Eric nice to see you again.” She hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

“Hi Hayley.” He seemed tense, “Why are you here?”

“Well Tabby let me stay here after the party we went to. I didn’t know you’d be back today, honest.” She batted her eyes it was sickening as she laced her fingers in his, he let go angrily before anything.

“Fuck that. Tabatha knew and I know you two tell each other everything so fuck that you knew.” Eric was mad.

“Eric calm down I’m not trying to make you mad I just wanted to see you, I miss you baby bird.” I laughed at her nickname for him but she was so physically attractive I understood what Eric saw in her but I guess laughing wasn’t the right thing to do since she gave me a terrible death glare.

“Hayley I don’t have time for you right now can you just leave me be and stay out of my house please.” Eric said walking past her.

“I’ve lived here more than you have Eric so don’t tell me I shouldn’t be allowed to come here plus you know you still miss me deep down.” She was ballsy I’d give her that.

“Why do you even care? So you can fuck me over again, No I’m over it I’m 100% over it so please just stop haunting me you’re just like a curse.” He began throwing the clothed he brought out earlier into a bag. “I’m sorry about that.” He whispered in my ear before he kissed me on the cheek and I knew my cover was blown.

“Since when do you kiss your merch girls?” Hayley said with a bitchy attitude.

“Okay Hayley back off Kennedy is my-“

“Merchgirl! Were really close anyways we have to go.” I cut him off, I didn’t want the wrath of Hayley following me around. Eric gave me a confused look as I grabbed his bag and tried to get out of the house before anyone said anything.

“You’re Eric’s what? I’d love to know since you’ve been interrupting every time someone tries to tell me.” Hayley stopped us.

“She’s my girlfriend, what are you going to do about it?” Eric said you could tell she was thinking really hard about it but then just gave up on it. “So just stop making it awkward for her.

“I’m not making it awkward; it’s only awkward because of her.” Hayley said I really didn’t like her. “I just wanted to talk about things with you but I guess it could wait until the next time I see you or I’ll just call you.” She gave him a hug “It was very nice seeing you again.” Everything she said seemed oddly sexual, she just had that sense about her. Eric finished packing his things and we walked out.

“I love you!” Hayley yelled from the front door as we hopped into my range rover, I felt so weird. She was prettier than me (In my opinion) obviously she had that bitchy thing going for her like she could get whatever she wanted and I was scared she would get what she wanted in this situation. I just kept thinking it over and over on the drive to Kyle’s house. I guess I was being ‘too quiet’ according to Eric and he wanted to know what was wrong.

“Nothing that was just super awkward I’m not even sure what to think right now.” Was my answer.

“You know that I’m with you though and you know I want to be and obviously if I wanted Hayley back I could get her so you can tell I don’t want her okay Kenny? She’s nothing to worry about trust me.” He kissed me on the cheek I was glad he proved himself to me but in my mind she was still a threat.

“You still look upset.” Eric stated

“You were with her for a long time and you can get connected to that trust me I know.” I said referring to Jon and I.

“Kennedy are you really worried about that? I’m not that kind of guy and I already told you I’m strong willed I know how you feel but I’ve gotten over it and if Tabatha made you feel any different I’m sorry she’s dumb. I mean it was cool when Bobby and I were dating best friends but after Hayley broke up with me she’s just anti-me which definitely sucks but please believe me. It’s you I want.” He smiled at me as we arrived at Kyle’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
I'm so so sorry that this took so long school started this month and I've been busy and tired and I've already gotten sick. Please comment I'm begging you. and let me know what you thinks going to happen.
Title Credit - No Doubt - Ex-Girlfriend