I Can't Stay Away

Can't Let Go

The next morning I was super tired but I threw all my stuff in Bree’s car so she could drive me there before work. I got all of my stuff in Breathe’s bus once I got there and then continued on to set up the merch tent with Kyle and we made signs with the merch prices and then wrote the set and signing times on their white board. Once I was done setting up the tent I was ready for the long hot day ahead of me.

I worked from doors opening at eleven until four when I had Shady their tour manager take over so I could eat. I went to one of the food booths to get some chicken and when I turned around to find somewhere to eat I saw the one person I was trying to get away from. I forgot this whole time that Jon was selling his bands cd’s while following warped tour. I turned away fast hoping he didn’t see me.

“Hey baby” he said turning me around forcibly.

“Don’t call me baby.” I said angrily.

“Don’t be rude, I barely broke it off with you two days ago you know you miss me.”

“Actually I don’t and you should be happy because now you can sleep around with all the girls you want with no girlfriend to get mad at you for it now.” I said smiling “Oh and you can continue doing those drugs you’re doing I wont care anymore even if I know you’re making a huge mistake.”

“So you actually cared about me? How cute too bad nothing is going to happen but you sure are cute when you’re mad.” He said tilting my face up so I could see him. I couldn’t let him win me back I needed to forget how used to being with him I was.

“I have to get back to work.” I said trying to break away.

“What do you mean?” he asked completely confused

“Oh I’m selling merch for Breathe Carolina this summer, I finally get to get out of California for awhile.” I said and started walking away I looked back and he was smiling at me and it creeped me out to no end.

I got back to merch and all the guys left to perform so I was alone at the merch booth. I could hear them perform from where I was sitting in the merch booth waiting patiently to come back.

“Babe I miss you.” Jon said walking up to the merch booth. Since were both going to be on warped tour together maybe we can try working out our issues.”

“Jon you already worked out our issues by breaking up with me everything should be great now.” I said sarcastically.

“Kennedy shut up you know I was just mad. You know how my temper is.”

“Exactly why it might be best for us to just be over, I mean I got so used to being with you that I ignored all the stupid shit you do.” I could see his face get angry.

“I did nothing stupid but care about you!” he said yelling and continuing with nonstop insults by this time my eyes were watering no girl should be talked to like this.

“Jon stop you’re being a total dick!”

“Only because you’re being a bitch!” he yelled pushing me so hard that it caused me to fall, my eyes overflowing with tears.

“Hey dude what do you think you’re fucking doing?!” Eric, Breathe Carolina’s drummer yelled at Jon I was still on the floor shocked that Jon pushed me in public. “Get the fuck away from her!” he yelled until Jon walked away.

“Are you okay Kenny?” Eric asked helping me off the ground, and I just wanted to suck all my emotions in there is no room for a girl on a tour of mostly guys to have emotions.

“Yea I’m totally fine thank you for that though.” I said wiping away my tears then smiling at him. I never knew him as well as some of the other BC boys but every time I saw him he was super nice.

“No problem you’re part of the BC family I have to back you up.” He said smiling back at me. “Yo Shady could you take over for awhile Kenny is having a hard day.” Shady agreed and Eric walked me to the bus once on the bus I collapsed on the couch thanking god for air conditioning.

“Who was that guy? He seemed like a complete dick.” Eric said as he grabbed a couple beers from the fridge and threw me one. I didn’t normally drink all the time but I assumed I would drink a lot more with the BC boys this summer.

“He’s my ex boyfriend and yea he’s a complete jerk, but I mean I was with him for about three years so I guess I’m just an idiot.” I said taking a large gulp of my beer.

“You definitely aren’t an idiot trust me we wouldn’t try to get someone stupid to work for us plus you’ll be on warped all summer long you can get away and forget about him.”

“Good idea except his band is following warped to sell cd’s” I sighed

“So I’m guessing you fall for band guys a lot?”

“Yea but I probably shouldn’t they’ll only end up breaking your heart and they only cause trouble.” I said frowning.

“Not all of them are bad.” Eric said smiling and finally sitting down next to me.

“True, BC boys are the nicest too bad I can’t date one of you guys” I said laughing and then smiling the thought was just silly.

“Well you could but only two of us are single.” I laughed again.. we sat there for awhile longer until we finished our beers and Eric walked me back to merch where Jon was waiting for me.

“Want me to scare him away?” Eric asked

“No I think I need to do this on my own.” He agreed as I walked up to Jon.

“What do you want?” I said super aggravated with everything about the day.

“Can we talk about everything?” he asked.

“Jon what is there to talk about really? You broke up with me and for some reason you’re wanting me back. Jon it is finally over I don’t need you and your mood swings, drugs, cheating, I’m over it. We may have been together for a long time but sometimes you need to break habits which will be a bit harder than expected since you are going to be here everyday. Just try to avoid me or something.” My eyes teared up I knew I needed to get rid of him but I was still upset

“I can’t just avoid you Kennedy!” he yelled.

“Jon obviously you can you broke up with me and you didn’t expect me to be on warped so you could have obviously done it so don’t even say all your stupid fucking lines, they don’t work on me anymore.”

“You know you miss me why don’t you just give in?” he sounded so creepy like he strived to hear the words it was like a game to him.

“Calm the fuck down and get over yourself!” I said turning around to walk away, Jon grabbed my arm and turned me around roughly squeezing my arm so hard I felt it would bruise.

“Don’t tell me what to do, just love me again?” he said grabbing my head and forced his lips against mine. He finally let go of my head and he walked away so I walked back to the booth holding in tears this day was just getting worse.

“So you and Jon are getting close again, good for you.” Eric said completely monotone before he walked away.

“What’s up his butt?” I asked shady, Eric was never like this and he was completely normal a few minutes prior.

“Who knows its just Eric” Shady said shrugging it off. “Are you really getting back with your ex?”

“No not at all he is a psychopath. Too bad Eric’s in a weird mood I needed to talk to someone and he’s the only one on this tour who knows the whole situation since I told him earlier.”

“If your ex is really bad then maybe getting close to Eric isn’t a very good idea. Its just when Eric gets close to someone and sees that someone is messing with her he gets aggressive, but it’s whatever.” I finished up my first day on warped tour and it was probably the longest day I’ve had, and I’m sure there were more long days to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Title Credit: Landon Pigg - Can't Let Go