I Hear You Breathing on the Line

six.

Three days has passed since meeting Mike's new girlfriend Alexa and I saw no sign or contact of him whatsoever. I guess he forgot about me already.

Pierce The Veil were playing an acoustic gig tonight and Jaime kept on bugging me to go. As much as I wanted to, I knew that Mike would be there and Alexa would obviously be with him and my stomach would just drop.

As the clock rolled around five, I heard a furious knock on my door. Sighing, I got up from my comfy couch and answered the door to find a happy Tony Perry. He ran in my loft and grabbed my bag before dragging me out into his car.

"What the fuck Tony?" I screeched staring at him with a bewildered expression.

"I don't know why you're hiding from everyone, but you're coming to our show tonight." He said sternly but with a soft smile.

I huffed and crossed my arms staring straight forward. He reached over to put on some music as we drove in an rather awkward silence. As we arrived to the venue Tony took a hold of my hand squeezing it a bit before reassuring me that everything would be fine and I didn't need to worry about anything.

The first person that I saw when we walked into the venue was Alexa. Great, this night is going amazing already. She shot a death glare at me before walking off to a room. Probably to go fuck Mike. Tony took my hand once again and led me down a hallway into a room that had a 'Pierce The Veil' sign on it.

"Lily!" Vic screamed jumping up from the couch and embracing me into a big hug. I laughed burying my face in his shoulder and my arms snaked across his waist.

We sat around on the couches for a while just talking and cracking jokes. It was nice to be around them and it felt like I knew them for my whole life even though really it was just a couple of days. Tony was sitting right next to me, his arm around my shoulders and my head was resting on his side.

Everything seemed fine up until Mike and Alexa walked in the room. Tony's grip around me tightened and I felt like ripping someone's throat. She had a smirk on her face as she looked at me and it just made me more and more mad. They sat down and joined in on the conversation and Mike's hand kept on hovering higher and higher on Alexa's thigh.

Sighing, I grabbed my bag and stood up. "I need to get some air. Tony, care to join me?"

He followed me out of the building where I took out my pack of smokes and lit up. Tony came closer to me brushing the hair out of my eyes before wrapping his arms around hugging me.

"When we were at the radio station, and you said I was his new 'whore', what did you mean?" I choked out looking him in the eyes.

"It's just... Mike's not the best with girls. He's a manwhore himself, but the thing is he gets a new girl every week. It's terrible" He sighed "Don't worry about him. Just forget him. You're too good for you anyway. I know that he's my best friend and all but you can do so much better than him."

I wrapped my arms around him burying my face in his neck. He laughed into my neck for no reason and hugged me tighter. "Thank you Tony." I smiled.

"Hey Tone we gotta be on in-oh sorry." We both immediately looked over to see Mike at the door with a shocked expression on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really short, and it sucks I know, but I just wanted to get something up.