Status: In progress!

Thanks for the Memories

California Bound.

“You said this was a good surprise!” I frowned into the phone.
“Can you let me finish?” Jenna said impatiently.
“Fine!” I pouted.
“I can’t come visit you anymore… BUT, I talked to your dad, and tomorrow, your getting on a plane and coming to stay with me for a week back here in San Diego!”
“Are you serious?!”
She laughed. “Of course! So pack your bags darling, your flight leaves at 8.”
And with a push of a button, she hung up, leaving a soft buzzing noise coming from her end of the call.

I pulled my empty suitcase out from under my bed, stuffing enough clothes in it to last me a month.
It’s been a week since I had seen Cameron, and I can honestly tell you, he’s all I’ve been thinking about.
I glanced at the clock, as it blinked 7:00.
In exactly 13 hours, I’d be on my way to San Diego.
San Diego…
Poway…
Cameron.
I quickly pulled out my laptop and typed in the Allstar Weekend MySpace URL.
I clicked the bottom of the page to view their tour dates. Their tour ends next week, in their hometown, which means I have the chance to see Cameron again. That is definitely not an opportunity I want to pass up. I smiled as I proceeded to buy two tickets, one for Jenna, and of course, one for myself.

* * *

I waved to my dad and sister as I boarded the plane, and headed to my seat. I braced myself for the six-hour plane ride ahead of me, anxious to reach California.
After what seemed like forever, we finally landed.
I quickly grabbed my suitcase from the overhead bin and my purse from underneath the seat in front of me, racing off of the plane. I was immediately embraced into a giant hug, which I eagerly accepted.
“SYDNEY!” Jenna squealed in excitement, as we pulled away, examining each other.
“I’ve missed you SO much!” I laughed, pulling her into another hug. We collected my luggage and made our way out to the taxi that was awaiting us.
We talked and talked; catching up on everything we’ve missed in each other’s lives over the past 3 years. When we finally decided that we had covered everything, it was two in the morning, and we were lounging in her room, watching a marathon of Boy Meets World. Eventually, we fell asleep, and morning came quickly after that.
It was Tuesday, meaning the concert would be tomorrow.
“Hey Jen?” I said, as we were preparing breakfast in the kitchen of her apartment.
“Yeah?” She replied, concentrating on making pancakes.
“Is it okay if I make the plans for tomorrow?”
“Sure! What did you have in mind?”
“There’s this concert I want to go to… I already bought two tickets. Can we go?”
“Sounds fun! What concert?”
“It’s a surprise.” I couldn’t let her know we were going to see Cameron’s band. She might think we were still together, or something like that.

We spent the rest of the day shopping, and I picked out something to wear to the concert.
Before I knew it, the day was over, Wednesday morning had gone by, and we were on our way to the show. Words could not describe how I was feeling.
The venue was pretty packed, and so we just hung out in the back.
Right before the show started, I quickly pulled out my phone and sent Mark a text.

Sydney: Good luck tonight. :)

I hadn’t talked to him since Cameron and I tried to explain to him what was going on between us. Within seconds, he responded.

Mark: Thanks Syd! Wish you were here!

I didn’t respond, because I wanted to surprise him after his set. Jenna seemed to be enjoying herself all throughout Action Item’s set, which was good. I don’t think she knew we were seeing Allstar Weekend though.
“Hey, I’ll be right back,” I told Jenna, once Action Item’s set was over. She nodded, and pulled out her phone, texting different people.

I approached the Action Item merchandise table, immediately recognizing the black mess of hair bobbing above the crowd of girls.
“Guess who?” I whispered into Mark’s ear, as I walked up behind him and put my hands in front of his eyes.
“What the…?!” He freaked out, pulling my hands away. I laughed, as he quickly spun around to see who I was. His jaw dropped, as he pulled me into a hug.
“What are you doing here?!” He exclaimed, putting his arm around me, not letting me out of his sight. A huge smile crept onto his face.
“I just happened to be in the area.” I giggled, as he rolled his eyes at me. We talked for a few more minutes, then a serious expression crossed over his face.
“Sydney, I need to talk to you.” I gave him a puzzled look, and he quickly added, “Cameron told me everything. The truth.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ohmygosh. I'm SOOO sorry I haven't posted in FOREVER.
I've been uber busy!! I've had a bunch of state testing, i went to disney world with all my friends for a week, i had an action item house party which i also had to prepare a lot for, & a bunch of other stuff! :P
But.. I'M BACK!(: & I'll be posting the next chapter soon! I promise!
i love you guys!<3