‹ Prequel: I Still Remember

Come A Little Closer

TWELVE

I woke up the next morning hungover. I turned to my side to see that Sydney wasn’t in the room. I turned onto my back and looked up at the ceiling. I missed Marc fucking Staal so much it hurt. I knew this was going to happen; I was going to go get drunk then realized I missed him. I missed my giant ginger, the one I could have a kitchen fight with. I grabbed my phone and my eyes widened when I pressed the main button.

Marc Staal:
I miss you so much it hurts. I’m so sorry Gina. Call me please when you get this. I love you.

I smiled a bit. Marc Staal wasn’t going to give up…again. I dialed his phone number and put the phone to my ear. I had to idea where he was, but knowing me I was going to wake his ass up with my luck. The phone on the other line kept ringing and ringing until finally I heard in a sleep groggy voice, “Hello?”

“Marc? Did I wake you up?”
“Gina! No you didn’t. Where are you?”
“Atlantic City.”
“Why the hell are you in Atlantic City?”
“Where are you?”
“Vegas. Why are you in Jersey?”
“That’s not important. I got your text message Marc.”
“You did?”
“I’m so sorry I over reacted.”
“Baby I’m coming home today, we’ll talk when I get back?”
“Definatly. I love you Marc.”
“I love you too Gina.”

With that we both hung up the phone. I heard the door close as Sydney walked back into the room. “Oh good, your up,” she smiles. She looks happy to be alive instead of hungover. I give her a werid look and she giggles. “Jared called me.”

“Oh! Do tell!”
“Well, he called to say I was sorry and I told him I got fired.”
“Oh lord, how’d he handle that?”
“Well, he said he feels bad for being a jerk and that he still loves me so he told me to take my time with finding a job before I move.”
“Awe! So are you guys back together?”
“Yes we are!”
“Awe Sydney! I’m so happy for you!”
“Thank you! Have you heard from the ginger?”
“Yeah…we’re going to talk when we both get back.”
“Well, that’s better than not hearing from him, now am I right?”

I nod my head because she has a point. I then pack my bags and take a quick shower before we head out for the airport. We boarded the plane and I sighed. I was hoping to God Marc and I could atleast try to fix this. The last thing I needed was for him and I to have a disaster like last time. I mean, its not all the time someone falls inlove with his or her childhood best friend, am I right?

We finally get back to Thunder Bay after an obnoxious flight of having to make a connection in Michigan. We both walk into my house to find Lindsy drinking coffee with Jordan at my kitchen table. Jordan shakes his head as we walk into the kitchen. “How was Atlantic City?” Lindsy asks.

“Lovely,” I smile.
“Sydney, Jare’s at my house if you want to see him.”
“I’ll see you guys in a bit,” she smiles.
“She’s adorable when it comes to Jared,” Lindsy smiles.
“Where is Marc?” I ask.
“I don’t know, I haven’t seen him since they got back,” Jordan replies as I roll my eyes.
“I’m going to go take a nap, don’t bug me.”

I walk up the stairs to see the door to my room closed. I could’ve sworn I didn’t close it. I open it lightly and walk in. I then turn to my bed and almost jump after closing the door. Marc is lying there, staring at the wall. He then turns to look while smiling. “Did I scare you?” He asked as I walked over to the bed. I sit on the edge and sigh. “I’m so sorry Gina. I was inconsiderate about the situation.”

“Marc, you did what you had to do, we are just going to have to figure something out.”
“If you want to stay in Chicago, I’ll come back every chance I get.”
“I think right now I need to stay in Chicago to figure things out…I may not go to law school anymore.”
“I still love you Gina, with everything I am.”
“I love you Marc Staal.”
“Will you still marry me?”
“As long as I can have a kitchen fight with you.”

With that, Marc pulls me ontop his chest and into a long, deep kiss. I feel his hands go up and down my shirt, then reaching back up to my breast where he rested his hand. He then threw me on to the bed and he was straddling over me, making his way down from my neck to my breast then down to my stomach. “Make up sex?” I goarned.

“It’s like you read my mind,” he said while pulling my shirt over my head.
“Well come at me Staal.”

Just as things were going to get heated, and I think you all know what I mean, the door swung open. We both turned our heads to see Jordan standing in the doorframe, hands over his eyes. “Really Jordan!” Marc yelled at him.

“You two can’t do this else where?” He yelled.
“Have you not heard of knocking you dumbshit?” Marc yelled back.
“God, just take this to the cornfield or something, I don’t think I can be in this house anymore.”

With that, Jordan slammed the door and Marc fell to his side. I rolled my eyes and at this point, I wanted to kill Jordan. I begin to watch Marc put his clothes back on as he muttered, “He just ruined the fucken mood.”

“Babe, the least you can do is keep your shirt off.”
“I can do that…oh I almost forgot!”

I watch Marc pull the Tiffany’s box out of his pocket and sit on the bed next to me. He then opens the box and grabs my hand. “Marc, you’re not going to propose for the third time now, are you?” I giggle as he places the ring on my finger. He then kisses my hand and reaches over to kiss my forehead.

“Gina, will you promise to never leave me?”
“I promise Marc, with everything I am.”
“Then lets plan this wedding then.”