Status: Complete! Look for the sequel called Metamorphosis.

The Usual Suspects

Home Sweet Sioux Falls

When Sarah returned home she was happy to see both the Impala and her father’s beaten up van sitting out front. She smiled, put her aviators on top of her head, grabbed her bag and sprinted to the house. Before she even laid a hand on the door handle it opened to reveal her father who pulled her into a deep hug.

“It’s been way too quiet around here without you making some kind of noise. Plus you being back means I can get away from these two idjits for awhile.”

Sarah smiled, “oh dad you always had a way with words,” Bobby laughed as he grabbed her bag from her hand and was off with it. She proceeded to head to her fathers study where the Winchesters were drinking a beer and chatting. They stopped as soon as they saw her; Sam smiled at her while Dean gave her a nod while taking a swig from his beer.

“Speaking of idjits this one has something to tell you before you go,” Bobby added in. Sarah plopped down by Sam while Bobby went to the kitchen to grab himself a beer.

“What’s up guys? The two of you seem awfully rigid.”

“Well Sarah after fighting with my brother he’s finally decided to tell you of something stupid he did,” Sam told her a little animosity in his voice.

“Really Sammy you thought it was stupid? You would have done the same thing if it was me lying there on the ground,” Dean replied defensively, slamming his beer on the table a few drops sloshing out of the top.

“Look boys this is not the time to fight tell me please if there’s one thing I hate it’s being left in the dark,” Sarah yelled out over the two arguing brothers. At this they stopped, Sam looked at her and shook his head before staring at a spot on the table in front of him. Dean let out an aggravated sigh before staring her straight in the eyes.

“This past summer Sam was killed, I know with hunters you’re supposed to burn the body on a pyre but I couldn’t, especially with just losing my father. A few hours past or days I can’t remember I called on a crossroad demon to resurrect him.”

“Dean, I can’t believe you’d sell yourself to a demon,” she told him in disbelief, “how long?”

“Less than a year, now do you understand why I want to spend Christmas with you?”

She nodded even though she was deep in thought, “there’s got to be a loophole around this.”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out,” piped up Sam.

“No I brought this on myself there’s no way I’m dragging you two into this,” Dean protested.

Sarah stood getting ready to go into the kitchen to get herself a drink, “well Dean, you have no choice now, I mean with you gone who else will I turn down every five minutes.”

The three men looked slightly dumbstruck as she headed out, she heard footsteps behind her as she took a sip from her water bottle.

“So you do have a soft spot for me then?” Dean asked in a voice not to loud for her father to hear.

“Maybe, just maybe,” at this Dean smirked, “wow I can see your head getting bigger already.”

“Hey what can I say blue steel,” with the last two words he pointed at his face, “I can make any girl go wild.”

With that Sarah burst out into laughter, “so where are we off to anyways?”

“Ypsilanti, Michigan,” Dean replied, “we’ll be leaving in two days time, that gives you enough time to get beautiful, not that you have to, and get ready.”

“Sounds good than, now if you don’t mind I have a date with a shower,” Sarah told him as she walked towards the stairs.

“Say it boy and you’ll have less than a minute to live,” Bobby yelled in from his study, the last thing her heard from Sarah was her infectious laughter causing Sam to join in.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lack of updates and the shortness of this chapter I've been taking courses and working like there's no tomorrow...plus I was suffering a severe case of writer's block but I visited the Doctor (who) and now I'm back.