‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

I've got nowhere left to run, I've got nowhere left to hide

“So how’s the whole wedding planning going so far?” Frank asked sitting across from me at a small round table by a window at our local coffee shop.

“Pretty well so far. We got the venue. The whole staff and whatnot. I’m just missing my dress and picking out the rings with Gee.”

I watched him nodded with approval as he stuffed his mouth with a blueberry muffin.
I wasn’t sure much of what he had to talk to me about when he called me earlier this morning. He said it was important and told me to come myself. So I told Gerard he should head to the city in search of his ideal tux, so we could also cross that off our list. But now, all we’ve been doing since we got here was just talk about the details of the wedding. Well, he did have the right to be interest, we had named him our best man along with Ray, who also seemed excited and eager for the moment to arrive. Time had passed just to fast. In less then two weeks I would be walking down the aisle, saying my vows and being married to the love of my life. My real love, the one who always seemed to be there. It just seemed to have taken me a little while to notice him, but after all the drama we’ve been through now I would be beyond crazy to let him go. I didn’t wanna lose him. He was my real reason for living. What did I have if I didn’t have him? Of course, our soon to be born son.
Yes, it was gonna be a boy, according to the doctor. I was beyond amazed at the fact that it would be mini Gee. How funny does that sound haha. He would be just like his father. I could already tell he’s going to be mama’s little boy.

“Listen, the reason I wanted us to talk was….well, I know I….um, well we, went a bit far at a certain time and….I’m sorry. I…I just wasn’t thinking straight. If it was ever something, it was closest to lust. But now I see how terribly wrong it was and how badly It would hurt Gee if he found out. So, he isn’t gonna find out. Got it?”

I did a pathetic attempt at nodding as I slowly processed all of his just spoken words. He didn’t give me time to say anything as he stood up, place a 20 dollar bill on the table and said goodbye, heading out the door.

*************************************

“That is definitely your color.”

I couldn’t help but laugh a bit at Ray’s so girl like comment, as I stared at myself in the huge wall mirror. It was a nice color, a rosy kind of white tone. I was actually surprised that after all the dresses I had tried on he still had the ability to distinguish all the different shades of white.

I tried to ignore Frank’s coldness the last few days, but it didn’t last much any ways. He didn’t wanna seem as if he were acting suspicious so he immediately after the third day started acting normal and nice again. Why would he think I planned on telling Gee about stupid mistakes. It didn’t mean anything! To me at least. I mean, I had completely forgotten about it to be honest.

*******************************************

I laid down calmly on the bed at night as I waited for Gerard to join me. He was at the moment showering, so it would just be a matter of minutes. I have to admit, the house did feel rather empty and sad without Frank here.
The sound of my cell phone ringing immediately broke me away from any thoughts related to my fiancée’s best friend.

“Hello?”

“Nicole. Hi, it’s me.”

The feeling that filled me inside couldn’t just be described in words. It’s definitely not a good feeling, if that’s what you’re thinking.

“Hello? Are you there? You wouldn’t hang up on ME ,now would you?”

I tried my best to speak but no words would come out.

“Listen, I’m supposing you’re just in shock but you’re able to hear clearly what I’m saying. So, listen to this. I would like to have some DNA test ran on ou… “your” son as soon as he’s born. I think I would have the right to know that I’m a father. Don’t you?”

“Nicole. Are you ok? What’s wrong?” Gee’s voice made me drop the phone as I started to cry uncontrollably.

“Why are you crying? Who was that on the phone?…..It wasn’t! Tell me, it wasn’t that sick bastard!”

I kept on crying with all I had, nodding.

“What did he say to you? Did he threaten you? God, I think we should call the police and….”

“Nnoo….Oh, God! Fuck……”

The fear of the recent phone call seemed to magicly fade away as an unbearable pain filled me. Those stupid monthly cramps were nothing compared to this.

“Nicole, what’s happening?”

“Ahhhh! Hos..hospital. Nooow! Oh, God….”

“Oh my God. It’s really happening. Shit, let me call a cab.” I kept my eyes closed so it wouldn’t seem that bad. But when I did open them, I caught a look at Gerard panicking. He reached down for my phone, quickly dialing a number.

******************************

As I opened my eyes, the bright white light blinded me. But as soon as my eyes adjusted themselves to the unknown surrounding it was easier to noticed a sleeping Gee sitting beside my bed. I patted him softly on his shoulder, but he seemed to be fast asleep. I patted him once more, this time a bit harder. He shook a bit as he opened his eyes widely.

“You’re awake. How are you feeling?”

“I’m ok. I guess. How’s….the baby?”

It felt so surreal to ask that. Like I hadn’t actually expected that the moment would come.

“He’s doing just find. They have him in the nursery now though. But, you’ll get to see him soon.”

I felt my eyes get all watery, and soon enough there were tears streaming down my face. Only this time, they were tears of happiness.

*******************

I stared at the white ceiling as I waited for Gee to get back from his little trip to the hospital’s bathroom. I was beyond bored on my own.
A small knock interrupted me. I signaled for them to come in. A young nurse appeared, with a white envelope in her right hand.

“Miss Smith ?”

I nodded, not sure of what this was about.

“I have the results for the DNA exams that have been requested on behalf of….Mr. Way” she read the name glancing down at the envelope.

I took it carefully, not sure of what it would say. I was more then 90% sure this child was mine and Gerard’s. But the other 10% had me doubting. I mean, he could be infertile for all we know. Or maybe there just hadn’t occurred what need to have occurred when we wanted it too.

I was now left alone, once again, in the white and yellow room staring down at probably the main reason of the wedding’s cancellation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this one's a bit longer. And also the pre-final chapter. The next one's the last.....
so, what do you think the results say???
I honestly have no idea, we'll see what happens....
Comment! Your opinionn does have a VERY high influence on the grand-finale! ;)

P.S. I apoligize for any writing mistakes and the whole having the baby part, I really didn't know how to explain that well.
Chapter Title: Nowhere left to run - McFLY