‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

I got a bulletproof heart, You got a hollow-point smile

I looked out the window of the local Starbucks. It was dark out and raining. The water had been pouring from the sky for the last couple of hours. It seemed to get me. Seemed to know how I felt inside. I was a mess. And now I didn’t know how to get back up. What was I gonna do? Cause judging by how Ally had defended him, she was more than happily picking him over me.

Defeated I stood up, exiting the coffee shop and heading back “home”. Not even caring about the cold rain that would soak me on the way. I was getting my clothes and leaving. Where? I had no idea. I would figure that out later. I wasn’t planning on staying in the same place as that….slut?

Yeah just like you…..

I was getting more annoyed every second that passed, by that stupid and know it all voice in my head.

No wonder you two hit off so well…..

“Oh, shut up”

I earned a few glances from other people walking by, with their umbrellas. I was more than relived when I got there. Walking up the stairs to the third floor wasn’t really that relieving. But it was worth it when I got there, and there was no one in sight. Well not to mention that the door was locked and I didn’t have a copy of the key with me. But I instantly remembered our emergency key we left under the front door mat. How original, right?

I picked up the key from under the black mat and opened the door. And yet, no one in sight. I was kind of happy. But I would have to admit, I would be a little bit lonely from now on.

“Hello??”

When I didn’t get an answer back, I was gleaming like crazy. Now I wouldn’t have to see those two anymore.

Skipping of joy, I went to my room and saw her things were still there. That brought me down a bit. But she would probably be coming for her stuff later. I grabbed a pair of clean Pjs and went to take a nice hot and steamy bath. My body was more than asking for it, at the moment.

*******************************************

I walked again.

This time to collage, and in a bit of a hurry may I add. I was already running late. And all because Ally had happened to left all of her stuff behind, but taken our alarm clock. Yes, our!

I entered the building now slowing down. Greeted the woman at the administration and made my way to my class, only to find it empty.

I walked back to the admin. office.

“Hi miss. What can I help you with?”

“Uh, I was wondering if you knew where the drawing class is being held at. Cause the class room I was in yesterday is empty.”

“Oh yes. They’re upstairs now. You see there’s two drawing groups cause the rooms aren’t big enough for everyone but, the art director moved of the classes and finally got a room big enough for everyone. So just head upstairs room 54 at the right.” she smiled.

I nodded and thanked her, before heading up the stairs.

51

52

53

54

55!

Yes, after all I had to walk to get there from my house and now going up the stairs everyday till the end of the hall, I definitely didn’t need to go to any gym.

I knocked softly on the door and second later I was being welcomed by our usual art teacher. I walked in, panicking a bit, as I saw the place was full. But since the admin. had said they had moved so we ALL could fit. I noticed an empty spot in the back left corner by the window. I found it odd, since the window is normally the most taken spot when it comes to a Central Park view.

I walked to the empty sit, almost tripping on the way with someone’s feet. Clumsy me.
But I was able to make it there safe and sound, though it seemed like an eternity with everyone’s eyes glued to me.

I settled down and the professor continued with his lesson. I hadn’t miss much apparently. We were still going to practice some more shading effect. Which was actually just my luck, cause when I went to grab some of my art materials from my bag I noticed I had forgotten just that. You would think that, since it’s a private collage and all we would get the materials and stuff. But no. Not here. The scholarship only covered the classes. And since there were no lockers, I was stuck with constantly bringing my stuff with me here and back home everyday.

“Shit” I murmured under my breath.

Unfortunately someone else heard me.

“Forgot something?”

I looked up from my bag at a guy looking at me. He had really white, more like pale, skin with black hair that went to his chin and maybe even passed it in some places. His teeth were the whitest I had seen in my life and they were also soo small, like tiny little white pearls. I could go on and on about how beautiful he was, if it weren’t for the fact that I knew him.

“Nicole?? Is that you?”

He voice still had that amazing effect, of sending shivers down my spine by just pronouncing my name. The odd thing was, that after all that happened, it was still in a good way though.

“Gerard?”

He smiled when he heard me say his name. Now knowing it was really me.
We couldn’t go on talking any more than that, when the teacher demanded us to be quite and pay attention to his remaining lesson.

We both went back to paying attention to the class.
The whole time I would catch him looking at me.
Not my work.

*****************

“So, um….wow you got accepted!”

We were now walking through Central Park looking for some place to sit down and eat our lunch. We had about an hour to go anywhere we wanted to, to have lunch, as long as we got back in time there was really no problem.

“Uh, yeah. Guess so….”

It was starting to get really awkward. Despite all the things that had happened in these two years we couldn’t seem to get any topic to talk about at the moment.
That is, until I remembered something quite big.

“Oh, and guess who I saw yesterday? Who may I add, happened to also ruin my day….if not life”

He stopped walking when he noticed I was not doing so. I watched his face, he seemed to be worrying.

“Who?….Hailey?”

“No! Though I had forgotten about her, but no. Your brother.”

“Mikey?….where? What did he do?”

“At my place. He’s apparently going out with my best friend. Well, screw that, ex best friend.”

“Oh”

He seemed to be lacking words in that moment. And I seemed to in the verge of tears, remembering what had happened yesterday.
So he hugged me.

And I could of just had died in his arms.

****************************************

So here I was.

Well, here WE were. Cuddling on the couch and watching some lame reality show after deciding ot skip the rest of the class for….personal and emotional matters.

“You know I really miss this.”

He looked down at me, as I had my head on his lap now and was getting kind of sleepy.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, just like old times, you know…..”

I nodded at him. Too tired for words and also worried about what this meant.

“Listen, I want to apologize for all the shit I put you through back than, for what I did to you. I didn’t mean to, God, I didn’t want to. It’s just that my brother seemed to be suffering from all that happened between you two and it seemed really bad for me to be with you at the moment, and it was really hurting me and….”

“Shh…I understand. Apology more than accepted.”

I sat up, and cuddled next to him. Inhaling that so familiar scent I had been missing so much in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update, I really didn't have time and was kind of having a bit of writer's block. But here it is. Gee! <3
So what did you think so far??
Comments please! I love you all for reading this, but comment so I know what you think, good/bad, and I'll love you even more! =)
*Title credit: Bulletproof heart