Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Trembling

They argued on the way back to the house. Glenn seemed to think that it made sense that even the regular dead would be susceptible to the virus. T seemed to argue that they had to have eaten some infected meat, or gotten bit since their stay at the house. Either way, it wasn’t good.

T was carrying Addie. Even though she could walk they didn’t want her walking on her own, and T was the one that carried her easily. Her leg was scratched from falling and being drug across the ground, apparently that was enough for Daryl to have her carried.

The discussion was going no where and eventually it ended in heated silence. Daryl hadn’t said anything to Addie yet, just asked if she was okay.

Finally they arrived at home, Daryl took Addie in his arms and headed inside and upstairs. He lay her on the bed, said nothing, and went to talk to Rick.
____________________________________________________

“They came back.” Daryl said.

“What do you mean they came back?”

“They were crawlin’ out of the damn grave!” Daryl yelled.

Lori covered Carl's ears and gave Daryl a harsh, 'what the fuck' kind of look, and then she led Carl into the study to continue reading.

“How is that possible?”

“Well how is it possible that dead people walk the streets of Atlanta?! It’s this god damn disease! It effects our dead. I told you we shoulda burned them all!” Daryl said.

“That can’t be right. You have to get bit.” T said.

“Obviously not.” Glenn said quietly from behind T dog.

“Well we don’t know that.” T said.

“There’s one way to find out.” Daryl said.

“Oh? And what’s that?” Rick asked.

“Shane.”
_________________________________________________________

Daryl stood in the door frame looking at Addie. She was dirty, dirt on her legs. Daryl cringed when he noticed the bruises. What had she been doing? Addie didn’t want to address his presence for fear of what he may ask her. She wouldn’t know how to respond, because she didn’t know herself.

He locked the door and sat down at the edge of the bed. His hands massaged his temples. His back hunched over, his elbows on his knees, and he sighed.

“What were you doing?” he finally asked. Addie tensed, he had noticed.

“I went for a run.” She said.

“That’s not what I’m referring to.”

“Then… I don’t know what you mean.”

“Oh don’t be stupid Addie. You’ve been oddly sane ever this entire week. You never cried after that night, you were the one that let Merle go, you of all people talked to him, and why the fuck did you go all the way out there? Were you looking for him?”

“No. Daryl, no.”

“THEN TELL ME ADDIE! Just tell me.” His tone made her flinch. He heat from his words made tears sting her eyes. “I let you in after you… after you convinced me we were no different. Now you’re keeping me out. Why, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT ADDIE?”

“Daryl.” Was all she said, her chest heaved, it let shaky breaths escape her mouth and she cried. She couldn’t say anything but his name the uncontrollable sobs shook her body and nothing seemed to calm them. Daryl even held her to him and rubbed her back but still she felt like she was convulsing.

Daryl felt remorse for coaxing these feelings out of her, but somehow they had to get past this, for the baby.

“Addie we have to get past this,” he said. “for the baby.” She instantly stopped crying. And with the reddest eyes, she looked into his, and shook her head.

There was an incredibly long, and incredibly sad moment of silence shared between them.

Finally he spoke, “So… I wasn’t mistaken when I saw you ‘let go’ back there?”

Addie bit her bottom lip and shrugged her shoulders, she didn’t really know what she had done, or at least she didn’t want to admit it to herself. Daryl’s hand gripped the back of her head as he pulled her forehead to his mouth; he gave her a light kiss before he let a decibel of anger bellow through his lips. His body was tense, and his face red. He stood from the bed and kicked the nearest thing at his feet. The doorframe barely survived him slamming the door.

Daryl didn’t come back that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated just because it was already almost done, and because I love you guys. :)